TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Tattoo

I've been thinking of getting a roller coaster tattoo for the past few years, probably something on my right thigh, I'm running out of room. The problem is I literally have no idea what I want. There are so many stock ideas and shots of iconic coasters, a few of which are certainly very tempting, and I've got myself an artist that will be able to do a very realistic rendering.

So I ask, oh coaster enthusiasts of the world, are there any coaster pictures out there that just scream "coaster" to you? It would be easy enough to just find a nice picture of Magnum and go with that, but I wonder what I'm missing. Suggestions, pictures and links are welcome, currently I'm leaning more towards steel than wood, but any ideas are welcome.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that's dedication

are you looking for the entire coaster, or a specific aspect of a coaster such as a lift/drop, or loop, or helix? If it's a full coaster you're after will a coaster the size of Magnum fit? Another question is if you will have the train on the tat or not. Being on the thigh, you may want to look at a dive coaster.

It will just be a section of the coaster, ideally a lift hill/first drop or another signature element. Fitting a whole coaster would be tight, should have saved an arm, but I think a single set piece should work.

For information on TPR coaster Tatoos this thread may be worth a look TPR Tattoos

If you are ever interested on others opinion on a subject, try a thread search real quick and it will usually help you find some good answers.

Hope this helps.

Though that is a fun thread, it's not really any help. I'm looking for coaster artwork/photography that would translate well to limited media, IE, a tattoo.

I've been thinking of getting a roller coaster tattoo for the past few years, probably something on my right thigh, I'm running out of room. The problem is I literally have no idea what I want. There are so many stock ideas and shots of iconic coasters, a few of which are certainly very tempting, and I've got myself an artist that will be able to do a very realistic rendering.

So I ask, oh coaster enthusiasts of the world, are there any coaster pictures out there that just scream "coaster" to you? It would be easy enough to just find a nice picture of Magnum and go with that, but I wonder what I'm missing. Suggestions, pictures and links are welcome, currently I'm leaning more towards steel than wood, but any ideas are welcome.

It will just be a section of the coaster, ideally a lift hill/first drop or another signature element. Fitting a whole coaster would be tight, should have saved an arm, but I think a single set piece should work.

Exactly how many tattoos do you have?

Exactly how many tattoos do you have?

My neck, back and right thigh are bare. The rest is either work in progress or covered.

I was thinking the loch ness double loop as well, seriously check out the dive coasters at busch gardens, I have some hi res shots I can e-mail. If you want something that stands out, that everyone recognizes, you may want to consider a common element of a ride such as with B&M on Montu or Hulk known as a "batwing"

Since Tattoo's are personal in nature, if you really like Magnum (I assume Magnum XL and not the one from England), I think the pretzel at the rear of the ride would be recognizable.

I was thinking the loch ness double loop as well, seriously check out the dive coasters at busch gardens, I have some hi res shots I can e-mail. If you want something that stands out, that everyone recognizes, you may want to consider a common element of a ride such as with B&M on Montu or Hulk known as a "batwing"

Since Tattoo's are personal in nature, if you really like Magnum (I assume Magnum XL and not the one from England), I think the pretzel at the rear of the ride would be recognizable.

Definitely good ideas, though I'm not sure on the dive coasters. Magnum is an option because it is one of the quintessential modern coasters, like Batman or Top Thrill. Montu and Hulk both have wonderful elements, great ideas.

robb.jpg.c150155e98d35e986607395784e92c87.jpg

I ran into this woman at HoliWood Nights a couple of years ago...Hope she doesn't mind. Never did get her name. She had this one, plus a raptor logo on her arm and one on the other leg too. I'm not at home so I can't manipulate the images easily, so I'll just post this one nice pic of the nicest tat.

tat1.jpg.db2eaf47fb06aa366ad55c1d083710e6.jpg

CP

At one time, I was actually thinking of getting the Intamin logo tattoed on my arm, but that would look real fan-boyish.

Who cares? They do make really good rides, and if you enjoy them enough, what better way to celebrate it?

^I think the original poster is past worrying about how a tattoo will look in 10 years.

My neck, back and right thigh are bare. The rest is either work in progress or covered.
Edited by larrygator

My vote would be do something that is not a photo or real coaster, but something that evokes the passion you have for all coasters. Something drawn to represent the idea behind this hobby, and not just some poorly done marketing you'll regret later...

I mean, now if you lost your virginity or something on that level on a specific coaster, then by all means, get that where it counts... I just think that 40 years down the road when Loch Ness Monster or TTD are long gone after-thoughts and scrap metal... something basic/simple/artistic of a coaster enthusiast will hold more value and relevance than that 'relic' or logo of something no one will recognize.