TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) - 2012

Some updates:

-The Terror Tram will close at 9:30PM on Thursday and Sunday nights.

-Annual Pass Holders have the opportunity to take a lights on tour of Walking Dead with John Murdy on October 7th! It should be available as a ticket option if you login for the annual pass discounts.

Scarezones: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2012/new_scare_zones.php

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some updates:

-The Terror Tram will close at 9:30PM on Thursday and Sunday nights.

-Annual Pass Holders have the opportunity to take a lights on tour of Walking Dead with John Murdy on October 7th! It should be available as a ticket option if you login for the annual pass discounts.

Scarezones: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2012/new_scare_zones.php

Lame

Thanx for the reply about letting me know if there might be a trip this year , sorry to everyone on here that wished there was one for Hollywood this year ... i got my hopes up too

that's a shame , they had so many benefits last year (lights on tours and everything) , i was too late to get a ticket for me and my wife last year

i was really disappointing with the price for VIP this year , i really wished it was $110 or at least $120 for 1 VIP tix ... but its like $180 or around $200 for a VIP tix .. that's like $400 for the pair ... that's like a IPAD or an Android tablet right there lol , and i think its really a waste of money to spend all that money on only 7 hours when an IPAD/ Android can be your Good Companion for a long time , you know lol ... sorry now im just rambling on

my wife and I are gong to have to get just the fast pass tix then

by the way , i have been trying to research everywhere on how the VIP tour for hhn is and no reviews for Hollywood CA , i have only pulled up reviews for the VIP tours for Florida , so if anyone have been though the whole VIP treatment for hhn , i want to know what im missing on (IN DETAIL) ?

For the vip tour you get: unlimited front of the line access, a tour of the backlot with areas that normal guests can't access and they also have a lounge open that has food and drinks including adult beverages. This is what I am getting this year since I only have one shot at it and want to go in style.

For the vip tour you get: unlimited front of the line access, a tour of the backlot with areas that normal guests can't access and they also have a lounge open that has food and drinks including adult beverages. This is what I am getting this year since I only have one shot at it and want to go in style.

I actually think the VIP is pretty good value if the means to which you can afford it.

^Absolutely. Unlimited front of line (remember, last year the regular front of the line passes were only 1 time use per attraction/maze), the cool tour, and the lounge available all night. Definitely the way to go if you are traveling and only have 1 chance to see the event.

by the way , i have been trying to research everywhere on how the VIP tour for hhn is and no reviews for Hollywood CA , i have only pulled up reviews for the VIP tours for Florida , so if anyone have been though the whole VIP treatment for hhn , i want to know what im missing on (IN DETAIL) ?

I did the VIP at Hollywood last year and will be again this year, mainly because I was coming from overseas and have a limited time window to attend the event, and like to go through the mazes as many times as possible because there is so much to take in. I'm glad they at least have some form of unlimited Front of line, lack of at Florida really turns me off going.

Running through the VIP experience from memory. You get priority access to the event, of course unlimited front of line - though on the busier night I found there was congestion at the FOL entrance because all the FOL pass people enter through the same access point and they have get a whole punched in their card. I think VIP also had a separate seating for the Bill and Ted show, apart from regular FOL.

The lounge was nice, they have free drinks (including a couple of alcoholic beverages) and food, after 10 pm the food changed to deserts. And periodically through the night they wheeled in a lady dressed as vampire in a glass coffin full of real rats, and there was another guy playing tunes on some kind of organ.

The extra tour was okay, you do King Kong 3D, and they walk you through a few darkened sets - that part could have been better.

So it's not a bad deal the extras on top of the one entry FOL being: the lounge, unlimited FOL & the exclusive tour.

Like Joey said if you get there early, you can get a hell of a lot done before the lines build up, especially in the lower lot.

Hope you have a great time at HHN, I'm really looking forward to it myself.

Thank you very Much !!!!!

i at least have some sort of insight on the whole VIP experience

i am very pleased you were able to inform me all the activity aside from the reg FOL experience , Thank you very much

have a great time yourself

i know me and my wife will love hhn this year

Happy to help. I guess the big thing is whether you are happy with doing mazes once or twice, or a lot of times for FOL vs VIP.

Gonna be a blast, that's for sure.

Edit (9/15/12): I forgot to mention that you get Valet Parking as well with the VIP, I didn't use it because I was staying onsite.

Preview night was very fun last night!

Silent Hill was REALLY cool- caught the vibe of the games/movies really well.

TCM was a bit of a letdown, but I'll give it a pass, as last night was really a dress rehearsal, and in past years, I've seen dramatic improvements from just about every maze.

Alice is really cool, but not really scary.

The dubstep maze wasn't as horrible as I imagined it could have been- I'd imagine it would be the equivalent of a 'Disco' monster maze in 1979.

I wish the Terror Tram 'walkers' the best, as they were doing some pretty wild moves- hope they can keep that up for the run of the event.

For the first time ever, not only did I get to watch the entire Bill and Ted's show- it was actually really fun, and entertaining.

For those of you going to HHN soon, would you mind giving me a run down of the merch offerings? I have a friend getting me the pins from USF's HHN and I want to see if USH is offering different pins. This year the Orlando pins just say "Halloween Horror Nights 2012" as opposed to HHN 22 like they've done in previous years (HHN 21, HHN XX, etc). So I was wondering if they're offering more generic merch for both resorts this year. This way I'll know what's there before I go!

Thanks! Pictures and/or prices would be nice! Specifically I'm looking for the pin(s) and t-shirts.