TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) - 2012

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Lots of complaining that basically boils down to "I don't know who Alice Cooper is and how well his music works with the horror genre, so I'm going to bitch the movie I wanted wasn't announced as a maze."

I think this is going to be great!! Should hopefully be less gory and more old school/cheesy horror (which is something I think HHN could really use).

Weren't the Brutal Planet mazes at various Six Flags parks based off of a collaboration with Alice Cooper? I think I remember reading something about that. If so that's cool that Alice Cooper has such a tie the haunt business.

This makes me sad that I might not be able to afford going to HHN this year. I'm still loving that they are on a full movie theme for the event as I love horror movies and being able to "experience" them more then just watch them is fantastic to me.

^I'm pretty sure they were. His "Brutal Planet" album was released around the same time. I asked someone at SFStL if they were connected and he said they were, but he could have been the Dippin' Dots guy as far as I know.

I believe it was just a licensing agreement. Not sure how involved he was. It sounds like he had a haunt next to the sports bar he owns in Phoenix for a little bit too called "Alice Cooper's Nightmare"

Edited by Jew

^^Lots of complaining that basically boils down to "I don't know who Alice Cooper is and how well his music works with the horror genre, so I'm going to bitch the movie I wanted wasn't announced as a maze."

It's just a bunch of whining selfish people I suppose.

I think this is going to be great!! Should hopefully be less gory and more old school/cheesy horror (which is something I think HHN could really use).

It's exactly what Halloween Horror Nights needs, it will be a nice change of pace from the gore fest of the other mazes. Don't know how gory The Thing will be though, I'm guessing not too bad.

I've always thought it would be really cool to give various artists creative influence over a HHN house like this, hopefully we see more collaborations like this in the future.

Rob Zombie, TOOL, and Slipknot, are just a few ideas that could probably make some really cool houses.

How about a KISS Psycho Circus maze?

^Yeah it would, it could have Black Magic and things like Mr. Crowley and other crazy stuff that Ozzy could think of. Back on the main topic, the more I think about the Alice Cooper maze the more I think how great this can be, it will basically be a completely original maze that has no movie tie in, which gives John Murdy and his team more creative freedom to do what they want with the maze. This maze might end up being the underdog that could become a huge hit.

Edit: If they ever did an Ozzy maze, it should be Called Ozzy Osbourne: The Diary of a Madman. That's the album I could think of that had the easiest tie in to a maze, but there could also be werewolfs and things from Bark at the Moon.

Get ready to scream because it's back! HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES the maze in 3D returns this HALLOWEEN to UNIVERSAL'S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS!

Last year's maze was voted #1 by you as the highest rated maze of the Halloween season so it is back! HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES the MAZE opens SEPTEMBER 23rd and runs through OCTOBER 31st. This one not to be missed.

189254_10150258208368323_126545588322_7583283_2036301_n.jpg.7bb0288a67e35ad2213f71e931deb16a.jpg

So Hollywood is getting The Thing, House of 1000 Corpses, Hostel, AND the Alice Cooper Brutal Welcome to my Planet Nightmare mazes, sounds like it's shaping up to be a great event!

Now if only Orlando would release a little information about their event........

• 2 weeks later...