TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) - 2012

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John (and his entire team) are very passionate about their work. John was the driving force behind getting HHN back in the first place, so it's really no surprise to see him on twitter promoting his baby. You will see John (along with all the other creative team members) in the park every night interacting with the guests, supervisors, and talent really taking time to get their feedback and getting to know them. It's very cool, and IMO a big part of what makes HHN in Hollywood so good.

Universal Studios Hollywood has asked us to remind you that you have one more week to submit your entries for this year's Halloween Horror Nights Short Film Competition.

For information on the contest, look at this post: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55706&start=100#p1054219

Quick off topic question, I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread.

What is the cheapest route for buying tickets? Myself and a few friends want to go this year. Past years I have just gone on my own with a friend of mine who was an employee at the park, so in past years I have been getting a complimentary ticket. Anyone have any good advice for me?

-Ryan

Well, most signs seem to be pointing to the rumored Hostel maze being the one announced tomorrow. I'm sorta hoping thats not it. Hostel is hardly a classic, nor has the long term popularity that would suggest making a maze out of it 6 years after its release, 4 if you consider the remake that few seem to remember. Then again, they did have a HOTC maze last year (rumored to be making a reappearance this year), so I guess it shouldn't come as a shock.

^ I can almost GUARANTEE Hostel.I don't work at the event or anything but were working sadly hard to put these clues together and it seems like this is by far the most logical... Expect it because I will pretty much bet money were getting it. The big thing at the moment is whether we are getting Scream or not... thats a big issue in the HHN world at the moment, lol.

I would love to see Scream at HHN and I think it would be one of the more high profile mazes of the year with Scream 4 hitting theaters earlier this year. Unfortunately, it seems to me like Universal is wanting to put a big spotlight on The Thing, which kind of diminishes my hopes for a Scream maze. And I've had pretty much no luck really connecting any of the code names or hints to Scream. Have you had any luck with that?

With that all being said, maybe we could see Ghostface making an appearance as the Terror Tram host?

After doing a little thinking, and I know this is a stretch, could the Eli Roth maze be based on The Last Exorcism? While he didn't direct the movie, he did produce it, and its a much more recent film then Hostel. I know its probably going to be Hostel, but in the off chance that it isn't, its the only other movie I could find that would match the clues. The code name for the maze is 3DN. Three Dog Night has a song Eli's Coming, and that coupled with the fact that Eli's involved with the short film contest makes it a certainty that we will see an Eli Roth maze. The hint given was Break Necks. When a lot of people think of exorcism movies, its hard not the think of Linda Blair and her 360 degree head spin in The Exorcist... Or maybe I'm reading way to much into it and really hoping its not Hostel

I wonder how his maze will differentiate from the previous HHN Orlando maze "Run: Hostile Territory". Even though the maze had the "Run" moniker it was essentially a maze based off of the first Hostile movie.

Edited by ernierocker

Called it! 2(or 3 if you count corpses) of the 6 announced so far. We are not really sure whats going into HoH but we do feel that the next "major" announcement will be either Evil Dead/Army of Darkness... or at least the next house we are confident about. We also feel that either the next or last house announcement will either be TrT(trick r treat) or Scream.

There is aksi a bit of rumor still that Wolfman might still be coming and that AOD would go into House of Horrors. I REALLY hope this does not happen though as I REALLY want ED in it's own house!

Last thing... this will be in Mummy's que, which I am taking to mean lower lot giant warehouse thing!

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us the official press release regarding the upcoming Hostel house at Halloween Horror Nights.

Eli Roth, the multi-talented director, writer, producer and actor, will adapt his enormously successful “Hostel” film franchise to create “Eli Roth’s Hostel: Hunting Season,” a twisted new “Halloween Horror Nights® maze at Universal Studios HollywoodSM. The event begins on September 23 and continues on select nights through October 31.

“Hostel: Hunting Season,” for which Universal will build elaborate sets re-creating locations in Slovakia, will mark the horror auteur and star’s first effort at transforming his screen work into a live theme park experience. The maze will re-imagine the film’s dehumanizing torture chambers and send guests on a spiraling journey through the corrupt halls of Elite Hunting’s torture factory. Elite Hunting, a secret society that tortures and kills American youth for sport in exchange for large sums of money, will prowl the factory and prey on its many maze visitors.

Eli Roth, said: "Creating a maze for ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ is a horror fan's dream come true. I’ve been visiting ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ for years, and still remember the heart-pounding terror of going through the mazes for the first time. For me it was like going inside the world of a movie and experiencing it in a visceral environment that simply cannot be replicated, and in subsequent years I've found I'm just as scared as I was the first time.

“I am so happy to join forces with the creative team at Universal. Our collaborative vision to bring ‘Hostel’ to life will give both fans of my movie and horror fans a scare they could never have imagined. People will have a chance to experience some exact moments from their favorite ‘Hostel’ scenes, along with some new surprises.

“ I was honored to receive an Eyegore Award at last year’s ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ event, and began talking to Universal about a ‘Hostel’ maze even then. This is something I’ve dreamed of for years. I may even dress up and appear in the maze one night as a torturer. So when you say ‘I scared you,’ you can literally mean that I scared you!"

In addition to the “Hostel” franchise, Eli Roth is well-known to film audiences as the writer-director-producer of “Cabin Fever” and as the baseball bat-wielding co-star of Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglorious Basterds,” for which he won a Screen Actor’s Guild Award. As a producer, his film “The Last Exorcism” was a box office smash and he is currently in post-production on the “Clown” and “The Man With the Iron Fists,” both of which are slated for release in the coming months.

Eli Roth is the first star to be announced as a collaborator in this year’s Halloween Horror Nights event and will be a key member of a Hollywood horror “dream team” assembled by Universal Studios Hollywood to create the ultimate “live” Halloween nightmare. He is also serving as a judge in Universal Studios Hollywood’s annual “Halloween Horror Nights” short film competition, which will culminate in a presentation to a winning filmmaker during the “Eyegore Awards” on the event’s opening night, September 23. “The Thing: Assimilation,” a new maze inspired by Universal Pictures’ upcoming thriller, has also been announced and will add to the Hollywood horror clout.

“Halloween Horror Nights” 2011 will bring unprecedented star power to an array of unrivaled, film production quality mazes uniquely themed to today’s most definitive horror properties and deliver the most compelling, spine-chilling, haunted attractions. All-new terror filled “scare zones,” original shows and the popular “Terror Tram” will be among the ““Halloween Horror Nights” offerings. Additional new content for the 2011 “Halloween Horror Nights” mazes and attractions will be announced shortly.

The theme park’s favorite thrill-ride attractions will also remain open for “Halloween Horror Nights” as well, many with menacing twists. Favorites include “The Simpsons Ride®,” “Revenge of the MummySM – The Ride” and “Jurassic Park® In the Dark.”

Updates on “Halloween Horror Nights” are available at Halloween Horror Nights.com and also on Twitter and Facebook, as Creative Director John Murdy reveals a running chronicle of exclusive information. Fans are invited to follow John Murdy on Twitter at: Twitter.com/HorrorNights or via Facebook at: “Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood (Official).”

Universal Studios Hollywood is a unit of the Universal Parks & Resorts division of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press release about the third maze to be announced for Halloween Horror Nights 2011...

The legendary Alice Cooper, who single-handedly masterminded the rock-horror genre, will spin a new collection of disturbing horror imagery in “Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare,” an outrageous new “Halloween Horror Nights®” maze at Universal Studios HollywoodSM. The event begins on September 23 and continues on select nights through October 31.

Inspired by the rock icon’s landmark concept album and its long-awaited sequel “Welcome 2 My Nightmare,” to be released on September 13 through Universal Music Enterprises,” the new attraction will take guests on a terrifying trip through Alice Cooper’s twisted mind, where his most famous songs, bizarre themes and demented characters collide inside a living horror movie.

This original, one-of-a-kind walk through experience will feature trademark elements from Alice Cooper’s celebrated shows, including guillotine decapitations, electric chairs, a sadistic insane asylum, predatory snake and giant Black Widow spiders that have helped make his imagery timeless and indelible. Music will be a powerful element within the maze and will include both new and classic Alice Cooper material.

Recently inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Alice Cooper created the concept of the theatrical rock concert and has thrilled generations of fans with spectacular stagecraft and darkly flamboyant showmanship. His recording career spans six decades, includes over two dozen albums, many millions of record sales, countless world tours and appearances in scores of movies and videos, including a brief but memorable appearance in both “Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy’s Dead” and Universal Pictures’ “Prince of Darkness.”

Sharing his enthusiasm, Alice Cooper said: “We’ll be creating this living horror movie within screaming distance of the sound stages where horror movies first began, so there’s no place more appropriate to offer a preview of the new `Welcome 2 My Nightmare.’ This will be a nightmare that will haunt visitors’ dreams for a long time to come.”

John Murdy, Creative Director, “Halloween Horror Nights,” added: “There are few people in the entertainment business who can be called a true original. Alice Cooper is in that rare pantheon. As a life-long Alice Cooper fan who’s been motivated and inspired by his craft, I am absolutely thrilled by this incredible opportunity to collaborate with him on this new haunted attraction. It’s a nightmare come true.”

Alice Cooper will be a key member of a Hollywood horror “dream team” assembled by Universal Studios Hollywood to create the ultimate “live” Halloween nightmare. The team also includes director, writer, producer and actor Eli Roth, who will present the new maze, “Eli Roth’s Hostel: Hunting Season.” “The Thing: Assimilation,” inspired by Universal Pictures’ upcoming thriller, will add to the Hollywood horror clout.

It looks like Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare is house number three!

WelcomeToMyNightmare.jpg.f06c7b42db890c4f8bc63e12414f3e8b.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

I love it! Even though most guests will probably have no idea who Alice Cooper is, I can only imagine how screwed up this maze will be. John is personally attached to this maze, as he has said Alice Cooper was his childhood hero.

Well I am a huge music fan as I am a theme park fan, so when you marry the two, my inner child freaks out. Plus I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan, and he said they will be playing music from his new album which will be a preview of sorts for me. It's funny though, a few months ago I thought they should do this, haha. Knowing how theatrical Alice Cooper's concerts are, who knows how amazing this maze will be. I am very excited for this.