TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TV Alert: Bert the Conqueror

I stumbled upon some fresh coaster TV last night. Travel channel has a new show called Bert the Conqueror. He's a "regular guy" who travels America looking for extreme/exciting activities and challenges. Last night's episode took him to Cedar Point where his main goal was to ride TTD/Millie/Maggie/WT in under an hour. It was pretty good, though I think Maverick should have replaced WT.

Travel Channel is running the new show in heavy rotation (as in it was on 6 times yesterday), so you should be able to catch it.

His experience with MaxAir is also pretty amusing and one I can relate to.

Edited by Emiroo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember them mentioning this at CoasterMainia. It was a good show although I doubt it would it would be that entertaining to watch if he didn't freak out as much as he did. As far as the challenge goes, if you don't have to wait in line it really isn't that hard to do.

The funny thing is that when they were filming this last fall it was over 3 days so that hour was another lie.

It was so very annoying. The day they filmed at Magnum we had to constantly setup our trains so they could get the shots, it was frustrating - not to mention they gave us an hour long line to deal with after they left. Still bitter about that.

It was funny though, when he jumped on the railing like that our leadership about died.

Really like the show. The way he freaked out on the rollback was classic! Could they have purposely caused the rollback just for the show? Where did this guy come from? The way his face contorted during the launch was funny. So far this is the best episode.

I really like this series... The guy can be a little over-the-top at times being on the verge of annoying, but he also has great energy and his reactions are quite funny. I have to remember to set the DVR for all the episodes...

I like how he was cutting everybody in line at Dragster... I guess we should all hire film crews to follow us around to be able to line-jump

Is Bert the Conquerer going to any other parks? I haven't seen the show, but I remember seeing a few coasters in the promos. I'm so upset I don't get the travel channel anymore!!! Anyone know where else I could find the show?

They are supposed to be filming at Carowinds early next week.

Is Bert the Conquerer going to any other parks? I haven't seen the show, but I remember seeing a few coasters in the promos. I'm so upset I don't get the travel channel anymore!!! Anyone know where else I could find the show?

Bert and company were at Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells before Memorial Day shooting an episode using the Scorpion's Tail, their new looping slide/technological terror.

What do you mean?!

Well like when he said he had finally found the entrance to WT he was actually in front of MF, and I believe when they asked someone who had "just gotten off of Skyhawk" they were actually in front of Power Tower. There were a few other occurrences as well. I mean I still liked the episode just found it to be annoying because of that.....maybe I am too picky on this...but I am a stickler for editing.