TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A European Village LEADING to Africa? Do you mean an encampment/colony IN Africa settled by Europeans? If so, I don't think there would be a fountain wasting precious water out there. It would probably look more rugged, with touches of the nation's culture there as well (French, British, Portuguese, etc.).

Anyway, it looks good, even though little has been done. Maybe you could give an update once a week to showcase a multitude of additions all at once instead of only a few in a hour or so.

My 2 cents.

Are these pictures .bmp? They take forever to load (am I alone?). .jpg files take much less time to load for me.

Anyways, it looks good! The hotel seems a bit 'off' to me. Not sure why though.

Some things don't add up. B&M was founded in 1989 I believe, and that doesn't leave them much time at all to complete the designs for a working prototype, much less fabricate the pieces for it. They started with Intamin trains Intamin designed track, so it wouldn't take them long to launch Iron Wolf and the Vortexes. Desining their own trains, track and means of supports would take a few years (say by 1991) and then a year to fabricate and open it (1992). I guess it'd be safe to say it was an Intamin prototype though. It's your park though, so I don't really need to care about the small things

Not to get technical, but B&M started in 1988. And while working for Intiman they came up with a inverted prototype that was considered impossible then 7 years later they made it work. So it is kinda possible to have a flying prototype coaster. Also since it is a prototype don't expect it to stay at the park very long

1991 Update:

The park opens next year. Progress is bing made every day. The main parts of the parka are finished, but some landscaaping is still needed. The last thing that will be added before opening is the waterpark, Splashin Safari. Ironiclly another Indiana park uses this name for their waterpark in 1998. Some new things have been added including 2 coasters, Savannah Flyer and Rhino.

Shot0082.bmp

Savannh Fyler

Shot0086.bmp

Rhino

Shot0089.bmp

Splashin Safari

Shot0090.bmp

The overview of the park as it is right now

1992 Update:

It's March and we had a small opening of the park for the mayor and his family. Also we allowed about 40 more people in from a contest we had. The feedback was that our park was very fun. So we came to a decision, Adventure Safari is now considered a part of Fort Wayne. The mayor and I had a talk about the future of the park. He and I are planning to use this park as a starting point to a citywide revitalization.

Hi welcome to Adventure Safari! We are an animal theme park devoted to family entertainment. Our goal is to provide information about the great continent of Afrcia, while delivering a family friendly experience. We have over 38 speices of African animals here, and 10 rides and attractions. We also operate a water park to help keep our guest cooled off on those hot days.

We are located on North Clinton (Fort Wayne, IN), across the street from Science Central and Lawton Park.

Our hours are:

Mon-Thurs: 9:00 to 7:00

Fri-Sat: 10:00 to 9:00

Sun: Closed

General Admission:

Adults: 29.99

Children: 10.99 (Under 4) Free

Seniors: 12.99

We are open from Apr 23 to Oct 31. We are also closed Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.

Please note that the water park is open 10:00 to 5:00 everyday during regular operation and operates May 1 to Sept 25

Rides:

Steel Mamba

Mystic Flight

Runaway Train

Rhino

Riptide

Boomerang Coast to Coaster

Savannah Flyer

Octopus

Savannah Train

Wings of Africa

Ok i know there is deffinately no triple posting but some very important things have happened.

1993 Update

Breaking News:

This is Channel 21 news with the latest news of the day.

Earlier today the Owner of Adventure Safari, Brian Grabowski, signed a deal with Time Warner Parks to co-own the park. Grabowski stated the following in a press conference, "The future of this park remains solely with the amount of revenue we can bring in and we did not meet the amount we needed, so in order to keep the park running we must have an outside income". The representative of Time Warner stated, "The family owned identidy of this park will be retained, however new additions and themes will be brought into the park and coexisit in a appropiate way." The final deal will be signed in March, a month before the park opens. Grabowski told us, "to not expect any changes this year, but next year expect at least the iconic Looney Tunes characters incorporated into the park".