TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

It seems pretty clear to me, based on the park's past additions and the recent survey, that when Holiday World does add their steel coaster, they'll be out to make it the best of the best.

I don't understand why people keep throwing out "Eurofighter" and "medium sized coaster"...Holiday World strives for records, rewards, and satisfaction. I feel confident in saying that their upcoming additions won't disappoint anyone (who is sane).

I do like their log flume and rapids ride...

I'd like to see more flat rides, indoor attractions, and transportation/observation rides, personally.

But that's just me.

Really? I Thought their River Rapids Ride was Pretty Lame

Agree with Flat Rides. It looks like the park is horrible when Splashin Safari is Closed. With Their Halloween Event, Crowds are probably gonna be BAD.

I'd like to see more flat rides, indoor attractions, and transportation/observation rides, personally.

But that's just me.

The Halloween section could definitely use a good, old-school haunted-house ride.

• 2 weeks later...

From screamscape.

2011 - Racing / Dueling Wooden Coaster - (9/1/11) In a very strange twist, PTC has posted on their Facebook page that they have begun production on four new coaster trains for the OTC Wuhan racing coaster in China. When the coaster was first announced, a key feature was said to be in the inclusion of the Gravity Group Timberliner trains. While I know Holiday World held off an extra year before adding Timberliner trains to The Voyage coaster in Indiana (USA) the Timberliner trains have been a surprise hit at Quassy this past summer on the Wooden Warrior coaster. So anyone know what happened in Wuhan to change their mind?

Wuhan nixed the TL's....does this make anyone else nervous?

Also apparently at the ACE Preservation Con it was confirmed by Rocky Mtn that they will be adding a couple hundred feet of topper track to The Voyage this off season.

Does anyone know why The Voyage is only running 6 car trains this season? When they announced they would not have Timberliners this year they said they would be running 2-7 car PTC trains, and I could have sworn I saw PTRs from earlier this year that showed them running 7 car trains, but when I went in mid August they were running 6 car trains and you could see two extra PTC cars on the ground by the ride. Anyone know what's up there?

From screamscape.

2011 - Racing / Dueling Wooden Coaster - (9/1/11) In a very strange twist, PTC has posted on their Facebook page that they have begun production on four new coaster trains for the OTC Wuhan racing coaster in China. When the coaster was first announced, a key feature was said to be in the inclusion of the Gravity Group Timberliner trains. While I know Holiday World held off an extra year before adding Timberliner trains to The Voyage coaster in Indiana (USA) the Timberliner trains have been a surprise hit at Quassy this past summer on the Wooden Warrior coaster. So anyone know what happened in Wuhan to change their mind?

Wuhan nixed the TL's....does this make anyone else nervous?

Also apparently at the ACE Preservation Con it was confirmed by Rocky Mtn that they will be adding a couple hundred feet of topper track to The Voyage this off season.

Does anyone know why The Voyage is only running 6 car trains this season? When they announced they would not have Timberliners this year they said they would be running 2-7 car PTC trains, and I could have sworn I saw PTRs from earlier this year that showed them running 7 car trains, but when I went in mid August they were running 6 car trains and you could see two extra PTC cars on the ground by the ride. Anyone know what's up there?

With Wuhan nixing the Timberliners, and Holiday World getting Topper Track for Voyage, and assuming this is all true, that definitely makes me wonder if something is up with the Timberliners.

The Timberliners seemed just fine on Wooden Warrior, and the reports were positive from Twister. Sooooo......what gives?

Well the Voyage (And the racing coaster?) are alot more intense than Wooden Warrior and twister. So maybe the trains are having a hard time handling the forces that would be put on them?

Edited by kidcoaster 2

With the news that Gravity Group’s Timberliner trains were no longer going to be used on the wood coaster in China, I checked in with Holiday World to see what their plans for the Timberliner trains were. According to Paula Werne, Holiday World is “still planning off-season testing with the intent to get the Timberliner trains on Voyage in 2012.”

http://www.screamscape.com/html/holiday_world.htm

In my opinion, I think Holiday World is impressed with how smooth Voyage is with the Timberliners, but I think they are worried about the lack of airtime the train will give throughout the course? I'm not sure how heavy the trains are, but the lighter the trains, the slower it will go during the hills, thus, creating a sort-of mild ride.

I've heard something very similar. But from what I understand, HW is waiting to get confirmation on the TL delivery before they go out and retrack the coaster. I do know they did not do any retracking last winter, as all their time was spend on Raven and Legend, so we can expect to see a lot of retracking this winter whether or not the TL's are delivered. I guess some of the logistical elements are slightly different too and they don't want to change EVERYTHING around until they are for sure getting TL's. The ride control system will be slightly different too, and this is already installed from the previous testing, and will be ready to go when the TL's are ready.

Topper track? I doubt that. Do the Timberliners really need that?

Topper track is the strangest thing....my only way of explaining it is like skiing or boarding along, whatever the conditions, then gliding over a patch of grass...