TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Holiday World will open the world's longest water coaster in Splashin' Safari next May.

Announced today — the 65th anniversary of the park opening as Santa Claus Land — the 1,763-foot Mammoth's $9 million price tag is the park's largest single-ride investment to date. The park's Wildebeest water coaster will drop to second-largest.

The ride will start with a conveyor lift up the first 300-foot hill — making it more accessible for those who would have trouble with stairs. The six-person boats then plunge five stories down a 45-degree drop then cruise along more hills, turns and tunnels. The elevation will change 69 feet during the Mammoth's route. The 3-acre ride will bring the park's total size to 30 acres.

Riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride, and 48 inches tall to ride without an adult. The Mammoth was designed by ProSlide Technology Inc. from Ontario, Canada.

Holiday World is open daily through Aug. 16 and most weekends through Aug. 16.

Link

Edited by deathbydinn
  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holiday World posted a clue as to next year's theme in their HWN Facebook group... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

My tips are that you really don’t need two full days in the park if they’re running rides at full capacity, but they probably won’t be next year in time for the event given the vaccine schedule.

Many have seen our theme for HoliWood Nights 2021: The Wizard of Ahhh...hs. But did you know we're doing some major work on one of our wooden coasters in 2021? It's more than 500 feet of eight layers

Posted Images

This ride looks fantastic. I absolutely loved everything about Wildebeest and now an even longer version that will offer different experiences every time you ride is going to be awesome. This is a great addition to the park.

Edited by jmicha
Is it being made by proslide? I didn't see that in the press release.

Riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride, and 48 inches tall to ride without an adult. The Mammoth was designed by ProSlide Technology Inc. from Ontario, Canada.

Why does Splashin' Safari gets a new ride 2 years in a row?

Last year they allready had Wildebeest.

The Holiday World themepark really needs a new rollercoaster or thrillride not the waterpark.

It is surprising, since HW's waterpark season is fairly short. Heck, when I was growing up, Burdette park had like two small body slides, and that was it. I recall shivering in pools in June. Now, HW has a waterpark that beats MANY parks in much warmer climates.

How many rafts are on Wildebeast at one time? This thing is absolutely going to eat people, for a waterslide.

I haven't been to HW in a few years, but if the waterpark is more crowded enough to justify $16 million in investment in two years, I shudder to think how crowded the lockers and pathways are now.

-RO

Geez, between this and Hershey it seems like no one wants new rides if they aren't exactly what they want...

Wildebeest was one of the most amazing rides I've ever been on- among my group of 3 friends I brought to HW, Kings Island, and Cedar Point, 2 said Wildebeest was their favorite of the entire trip. I'm really excited to see ProSlide and Holiday World continuing to innovate these water coasters, and hope I can get out there again soon to try it out.

Although I haven't been to Holiday World in a few years, the rides side always seemed to empty out when the water park opened up. Whether this is now a self-fulfilling prophecy with the continued addition of water rides is an interesting question. For my part, I'd like to see the rides side get some love in the near future. Reports of Voyage running more smoothly with the new trains would be more likely to get me to make the 400 mile round trip than the addition of a new water ride.

Look's Fantastic, can't wait to ride. Will be a great Capacity machine for Splashi'n Safari , it need's that. Not what I was thinking, but I look forward to it already.

Edited by ratdogg68

Personally, I think Wildebeest is the best ride period at Holiday World, and being as it draws a huge line, adding another water coaster with more capacity makes sense. I hope Water Country in Williamsburg installs a ride like this someday.

Amazing looking ride, amazing looking capacity, and it will take the crowds away from their other amazing slides!

Great addition here combined with Timberliners for next season, Holidayworld #winning

Looks like a bigger slightly different version of Wildebeast. I have not ridden Wildebeest or a Mammoth hydromagnetic slide, but from the looks of things I could see this turning out be a Legend/Raven type scenario for the water park where the bigger faster longer newer ride isn't as good as the original. But we'll see, it does look cool though!

Interestingly enough, Dan Koch said in the live stream that he predicts that Wildebeest will remain as the top rated ride in the park, and Mammoth will be in second place.

I don't think they designed this to surpass Wildebeest, as much as they did to complement it. The thing I find most intriguing is the length of the ride itself. Most of the family raft rides I've been on that are similar (minus the hydromagnetic part) are all extremely short in length, slow in speed, low in capacity and even lower in thrill. It looks like this ride improves on all of those issues, especially in speed and thrill, so I'm definitely interested to see how this one turns out.

I've yet to visit Holiday World, but I still watch this park as they continue to expand--I just feel (from an outsider's perspective) that they balance their additions extremely well and continue to strategize in a well thought-out manner (save for the issue with the Timberliners, which I'm sure will be worked out soon enough). This park is on my must-visit list and I'm seriously plotting some sort of road trip (or saving up for the next TPR trip that goes there) for the near future.

Interestingly enough, Dan Koch said in the live stream that he predicts that Wildebeest will remain as the top rated ride in the park, and Mammoth will be in second place.

I don't think they designed this to surpass Wildebeest, as much as they did to complement it. The thing I find most intriguing is the length of the ride itself. Most of the family raft rides I've been on that are similar (minus the hydromagnetic part) are all extremely short in length, slow in speed, low in capacity and even lower in thrill. It looks like this ride improves on all of those issues, especially in speed and thrill, so I'm definitely interested to see how this one turns out.

For the most part I would agree with you about the family raft slides but the one exception that I've been on is the Zoombabwae enclosed family raft slide at Splashin Safari, that thing is one of the most exciting water slides of any type anywhere to me. This should still be a great addition though, the capacity on this thing should be huge, and capacity at water parks is always an issue.

I really wish some of the major water parks in Orlando (Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and Aquatica) would ass some of these newer technology slides like the hydro magnetic rocket. As good as all 3 of those parks are, every time I visit it still always feels like something is missing.

Wow, when you flail around a $9 Million figure, you don't expect a disappointing waterslide. I'd say the park got ripped off. Don't get me wrong, it looks fun, but $9 Million?!?!?!? That's 3 Sponge Bobs!

^^^I'm sure one of the Orlando water parks (current or future) will invest in this technology eventually.

On another note, the announcement post has been updated to include high resolution photos of the ride, as well as tons of footage.