TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^^I agree, I think a megalite would be great for Holiday World. On the other hand, I hope they DON'T listen to enthusiasts on what to build. They need to appeal to the General Public NOT the enthusiasts who show up once a year and eat the park out of pizza and fudge! As much as it pains me to say it, the GP wants a steel coaster that goes upsidedown. Trust me, I've seen and heard it first hand several times at the park. Silly GP!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holiday World posted a clue as to next year's theme in their HWN Facebook group... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

So, I think i'm going to burst my HWN cherry next year and finally take the trip (before I get too old).  I've never did a several day coaster event so I have no idea what to expect.  I've also never

My tips are that you really don’t need two full days in the park if they’re running rides at full capacity, but they probably won’t be next year in time for the event given the vaccine schedule.

Posted Images

Maybe they could advertise it as having inversions, the GP can barely tell the difference anyway kidding!

Call that first right hand turn off the drop a horizontal loop; the little twisty hills we'll call 'em corkscrews. Somebody wouldn't know better-

While the GP has a wider range of what appeals to them, it's not like they would dislike an Intamin hyper or megalite. In addition to what enthusiasts want and what the GP wants is what HW wants. I asked Leah during ERT what the goals were but she was not answering that one. So I said there were several routes they could go if they wanted a family coaster, however if they wanted to top the charts, there was pretty much one option. HW has shown in the past that they want top rated coasters, and if that is the case now, we can help them get there. If they want a looper, we can give them tips on that too. It's not like the GP is going to complain if they get an Intamin hyper over a B&M invert. They'll line up for either, but they will talk about the one that is advertised as number 1 in the world.

As much as it pains me to say it, the GP wants a steel coaster that goes upsidedown. Trust me, I've seen and heard it first hand several times at the park. Silly GP!

I've witnessed this first hand myself. The GP there desperately wants a steel coaster with inversions. I've heard them mention it while waiting in line for Voyage and Legend and I've even had a discussion about it with some of them.

Well you could make a mega lite with inversions.... there everyone's happy

Seriously though, something like I-Speed with a little more airtime hills in it and with a EGF lifthill/1st drop wouldn't be that bad idea would it?

I think a custom-built Intamin Mega-lite or S&S family coaster would be a good idea. I've always loved traditional sit-down coasters that don't feel like they are limited to just do certain elements. I'm thinking along the lines of Maverick, I-Speed, Powder Keg, Mind Bender (SFOG), Shockwave (SFOT), I.E. something mid-sized with an all-around fun layout (not to mention lapbars!).

I think a custom-built Intamin Mega-lite or S&S family coaster would be a good idea. I've always loved traditional sit-down coasters that don't feel like they are limited to just do certain elements. I'm thinking along the lines of Maverick, I-Speed, Powder Keg, Mind Bender (SFOG), Shockwave (SFOT), I.E. something mid-sized with an all-around fun layout (not to mention lapbars!).

Something like Powder Keg with a loop would be a good fit for Holiday World.

Holiday World Twitter just posted

Holiday World

Crazy meeting, working on Project 2012. So many decisions have been made...more to come. So glad the Name Game is over! #HW

Anyone have a clue as to what they are building?

Edited by The SETGO Guys
As much as it pains me to say it, the GP wants a steel coaster that goes upsidedown. Trust me, I've seen and heard it first hand several times at the park. Silly GP!

Throw Maverick's old heartline roll (it's gotta be in storage somewhere, right?) at the end of a megalite. Now everyone's happy!

If they are going to go looping, then Intamin is not a bad choice, lift hill or launch. They would have to give up hopes of a number one steel if they went that route. In my opinion it is possible to get to number one with over the shoulder restraints, but you have to have at least double the budget, and know what you are doing, and even then there are no gurantees. However, if they can go launch, then maybe they can just afford an Intamin Hyper straight up. Bizzaro keeps its number one ranking not because its layout is so great that its unbeatable, but they are just not building anymore like it. It should not be hard to beat it even if you did not go as high and fast. This kind of ride is more unique, better quality, and the route to the top of the charts.

I am planning a visit to Holiday World July 5th and 6th and was just wondering if this is a bad time as far as crowds go because of the Holiday weekend, the fifth and sixth are a Tue and Wed and I figured crowds normally might be a little less crowded on these days versus the weekend. Also I think we will stay at the Marriott in Evansville Indiana since I have a gift card so I was wondering if anyone knew of good reasonably priced dining in the area plus advise on seeing the park, on it's web site it says the rollercoaster rides are longer in the morning because everyone heads to those first is this true, would the lines actually get shorter later in the day? Thanks for any and all advices on touring this park, we are huge coaster fans!

At Six Flags in St. Louis there are roller coasters that you are not allowed to take your purse or backpack on and they don't have little cubby holes to put your things in so you are forced to pay for a locker to ride it unless you have a friend who can hold your things for you. I was just wondering what Holiday World does, do the have cubbies or do you have to pay for a locker. Thanks

Holiday World has lockers inside the stations of Raven, Legend, and The Voyage. They are free and the ride operators will gladly take your bags, put them in the locker in the station, and give you the key to go around your wrist!

Here are some pictures if they help:

Raven

Legend

Voyage

I am planning a visit to Holiday World July 5th and 6th and was just wondering if this is a bad time as far as crowds go because of the Holiday weekend, the fifth and sixth are a Tue and Wed and I figured crowds normally might be a little less crowded on these days versus the weekend. Also I think we will stay at the Marriott in Evansville Indiana since I have a gift card so I was wondering if anyone knew of good reasonably priced dining in the area plus advise on seeing the park, on it's web site it says the rollercoaster rides are longer in the morning because everyone heads to those first is this true, would the lines actually get shorter later in the day? Thanks for any and all advices on touring this park, we are huge coaster fans!

At Six Flags in St. Louis there are roller coasters that you are not allowed to take your purse or backpack on and they don't have little cubby holes to put your things in so you are forced to pay for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to ride it unless you have a friend who can hold your things for you. I was just wondering what Holiday World does, do the have cubbies or do you have to pay for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Thanks

I merged both of your questions into the proper thread. Please, ask any further questions you have about the park here.

Edited by ernierocker
Must resist urge to fire off a string of Jay Cutler jokes. Must resist urge to fire off a string of Jay Cutler jokes. Must resist urge to fire off a string of Jay Cutler jokes.....

I do wish Holiday World the best with the event though!

Hopefully the money he raises doesn't get intercepted.

If Holiday World was to add a steel coaster, I would add a B&M Flyer in the 4th of July section and be American themed like have it called Patriot or the American Eagle or Bald Eagle. Have it dive to the water like Manta. That'd be cool!!!

Done!

Have to say, while I'd prefer to see something like EGF being built, the GP loves inversions too much, and I do think that a steel coaster without inversions would be seen as "inferior" by most of the people that come to the park. Maybe they can build an Olympia Looping clone...

dt

^I agree! I mentioned that I love Schwarzies. I'm such a nerd.

In all honesty, I think a steel terrain coaster would work great. If they understand the wants of the public, given the recent trends, it will probably be some kind of launched, lowlying coaster with some inversions, hopefully in the woods. I'm thinking either X-car-ish or an Intamin.

I think a good steel coaster without inversions will keep with their "family-friendly" theme. A ride you can go on with your parents when you're 11-15 and still have a good time on. If they do have inversions, I'd like to see it limited to one or two "good" inversions.

I think it would be awesome to theme a steel intamin to Santa's sleigh do acrobatics through the air...