TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I LOVE haiku!

Splishing and splashing

And soaring over tall hills

Holiday World rocks!

Yes, I know that "splishing" isn't an actual word...but I'm using it, anyway.

Seeing as most of the locals in the area are occupied with the derby on that Saturday, Holiday World's opening day is usually fairly quiet. Even when the Voyage first opened in 2006, lines were minimal.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=157446&id=35385539537&ref=mf

Ready for another contest? Lori, our water park director, would like some clever "greetings" for her lifeguards and slide attendants to use. Example: "Have a splashin' day!" Please post your entry in this thread by 2 pm CDT 3/31/10; must be 13 or older; no employees or relatives from HW&SS eligible. Winner receives 2 one-day tickets. Fine to post more than one greeting (as long as it's in this thread.) Lori picks the winner. Good luck!

Holiday World has updated the menu of the park food places. They are adding churo's.

http://www.holidayworld.com/visit/restaurants-food-outlets

Some of the new items that interest me.

Baked Pasta (Chicken Alfredo or Rotini w/Meat Sauce), Choice of Breadsticks, Apple Sauce, or Fruit Cup and Cookie

BBQ Ribs, Loaded Baked Potato Salad, Baked Beans, and Cookie

And one that I will probably get

Breakfast Sandwich (Bacon, Ham or Sausage w/Egg & Cheese) with Hash Brown Stars

To preface the above video:

It takes a lot of testing to open a new water coaster. Here's Ray, an engineer from ProSlide Technology, and Joe (off camera, saying "3-2-1" a lot and then going back to his laptop to reprogram slightly and try again) working to test the pulse feature for the linear induction motors that power Wildebeest's boats "magically" uphill. Wildebeest, the world's longest water coaster, opens May 14.

Anyone else diggin' the Canadian accent? :0)

Thanks, Paula

From Holiday World's Facebook page:

Want to see the latest Timberliner photos? (Timberliners = new Voyage trains) They're being held hostage by our (so-called) friends at The Gravity Group. They need just 121 more Facebook Fans and then they'll release those poor, defenseless photos into our care. Please find it in your hearts to head over and "fan" them.... It's for the children ... err, coaster train photos. :0)

I just became 985.. 15 more to go!