TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

So this is a new guy thing? Ok.

Reality is I love the place too much and have too many good memories to see it in this state. And I don't want others to experience it like this, or to know exactly what they are getting into if they do choose to go. As I said, if you go for the first time this summer, you will love it. That is a promotion for a first timer. But if you go every year like we do, you probably won't. 

1 hour ago, LegendFledgling said:

Just to clear things up, we offer three 4-hour tours per day with a maximum of eight Guests per tour, and Guests may not ride the same ride back-to-back without waiting at least 15 minutes. We also offer one EarlyBird Tour per day. We don't believe premium or skip-the-line products should interfere with everyone else's experience.  

Thank you for the clarification! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hoosier Dude said:

So this is a new guy thing? Ok.

No, you're just being kind of a prick about minor yet expected issues. I'd get treated the same way if I made a post like that and I've been with TPR almost since it's inception.

I'm 100% sure management was not like "hmmm...let's not open Legend today. Or the next day." There is no way it was due to staffing, they would have taken the people from the ice cream stand at that point and train them.

Rides need maintenance. Earlier this year Thunderbird was down for a few weeks, but you know what? At midnight and into the early mornings they were tirelessly getting it back open as soon as humanly possible. They were doing MAJOR structural work and digging up all around the ride.

I don't know what the issue with Legend is, but I can assure you it's not like they want the ride to be closed. Things happen, unfortunately it just happened while you were there.

It may be going downhill over the years in your eyes, but major rides being down on purpose is not something Holiday World would allow to happen. I can see them maybe staggering rides if there was a staffing issue, or closing some smaller attractions or ones that require a LOT of staff to run, but cheetah chase is a brand new ride and there's no way they wouldn't just not open it due to staffing. (Unless you're Darien Lake).

Sorry you had an unfortunate visit.

• Like 4

I'm going with my kids this Saturday, the second time for most of us (after HWN), and I can't wait to experience it with my youngest for his first time ever! Whatever's open, will be open, and I'm sure it'll be a great time there for the whole family regardless!

• Like 3

On 7/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, LegendFledgling said:

I just want to express that our team puts our hearts and souls into what we do. When a ride goes down, we will spend what it takes to get it back up and operating safely as quickly as possible. Right now, we're at the mercy of a mess of a global supply chain--both with food and ride parts, but our team is going above and beyond in so many invisible ways to get rides back and food in restaurants this year. I'm proud to be a part of that team. 
That said, the days of your visit were particularly unlucky days for our maintenance team. 

We've made so many trips to Holiday World since I was 3 years old and have enjoyed ourselves. We was there last Thursday and it was hot, humid and busy but we expected longer waits than normal. Yes, Legend, Cheetah Chase and the original wave pool was closed that but it was ok. I'd rather you close the ride and make it safe. It just means next summer we'll finally get to ride Cheetah Chase (the other 2 water coasters are insane). We did get to experience Wildebeest (my favorite ride in the whole park) as it was around the 1 million mark so that was extremely cool. 

The food was sooo good and tasty. Best onion rings we have ever had (and they were thick breaded and huge). My hubby even said the Asian food at Santa's Merry Marketplace was better than Panda Express. The ice cream you sell at Sugarplum Scoope is tasty. The only regret was that we forgot to buy peanut butter fudge.

Everything we rode was truly enjoyable when we were there. I couldn't ride Voyage only because I was afraid it would make my right shoulder sore (my orthopedic told me no more rides on Beast at KI or anything similar). Raven was my 1st coaster back in the day and I believe it felt smoother than ever before. 

The only problematic thing was we left early due to the humidity. It really drained us after being out in it for 8 hours and I drank water and Gatorade to stay hydrated. 

Either way, Holiday World has been a consistent #1 park for us. We live in Ohio and I've told many friends and family here about the park so hopefully they get to enjoy it as well. Thanks for all you do!

• Like 1

If I may chime in for a sec. . .

I made my first trip to the park last month.  I was pretty impress.  Now, the food sucked but the atmosphere, the ride selection and the overall feel of the park was very welcoming to me.  I consider myself a person that gets to a lot of parks and have been doing so for some time.  I can see how someone who has been going to the park for 10 years could say the park has changed but honestly, what hasn't changed in 10 years?  My philosophy is if the good outweighs the bad then i'm good!  With growth comes growing pains and I hate to be that person but things could have gotten a lot worst in the last 10 years especially for a family owned park. . .

• Like 5

I last visited in 2017, and I remember the park closing ride queues a good bit of time before the park actually closes. I will be visiting this coming weekend and was curious if they still did that. I can't really remember what time they would close the queues either... Is there a general rule of thumb to go by to help make sure I make it into the queue before it closes?

10 hours ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

Thinking of heading to the park this coming Saturday!! What type of crowds should I expect?? 

Usually the dry side is busy for the first hour until the waterpark opens and then the crowd moves into the waterpark. the dry side then almost empties out and doesn't get busy until the waterpark closes.