TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Monsoon Lagoon sits on a small plot of land in the middle of the water park. I just don't see what could go in its place unless it's just a new water fortress.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holiday World posted a clue as to next year's theme in their HWN Facebook group... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

So, I think i'm going to burst my HWN cherry next year and finally take the trip (before I get too old).  I've never did a several day coaster event so I have no idea what to expect.  I've also never

My tips are that you really don’t need two full days in the park if they’re running rides at full capacity, but they probably won’t be next year in time for the event given the vaccine schedule.

Posted Images

I suppose now might be a good time to introduce myself. With RavenMaven now retired, I'm LegendFledgling and I'll be attempting to do some of what Paula did (though we'll need at least two people to replace her).

Legend, the middle coaster My favorite too!

Welcome and good luck!

PS - when is the podcast coming back? Really miss it in those winter months.

I suppose now might be a good time to introduce myself. With RavenMaven now retired, I'm LegendFledgling and I'll be attempting to do some of what Paula did (though we'll need at least two people to replace her).

It seems everyone has already heard we have an announcement coming up, and for anyone local or planning a trip around that time, we'd love to see some enthusiasts in Santa Claus on August 6 at noon (central time)! If you can't be there in person, we'll make the announcement to our e-newsletter quickly after our live announcement.

Welcome to the forums! Wish I could make it to the event myself, though a Tuesday at noon is a bit too out of the way for myself, haha. Nonetheless, will be keeping a close eye on the announcement you guys have in store!

A few things I'm sure of. It's gonna be the fastest of it's type. In the initial teaser on all their social media's, they worded it "be the fastest to know". You don't typically word stuff like that. The second thing is that it's a coaster of some type. Weather it's a dry coaster or a water coaster. Why would they want coaster enthusiasts in the audience for the announcement for some slide, or flat ride addition. Lastly, it's not a family coaster. It wouldn't be the fastest of its type if it was.

Honestly, the more I think of it, the more an Intamin Water Coaster makes sense. They're similar in style to the former Shoot the Chutes ride HW had. In fact, they can reuse the the foundation from the former tower of Pilgrims Plunge and also reuse almost everything like the water pumps, boats, ext, other than redesigning the splash down area as I'm assuming this will also have a roller coaster part like ones in Europe do. Intamin is probably also giving them a discount too due to the failure of Pilgrims Plunge. Also, why would they leave the boats, the station, the splash down and all the foundation work for almost 6 years now if they didn't plan on reusing it at some point? They certainly have the money to remove it all if they so wish, and honestly by all accounts should of at this point if they didn't plan to reuse it as it's kinda an eye sore.

A few things I'm sure of. It's gonna be the fastest of it's type. In the initial teaser on all their social media's, they worded it "be the fastest to know". You don't typically word stuff like that. The second thing is that it's a coaster of some type. Weather it's a dry coaster or a water coaster. Why would they want coaster enthusiasts in the audience for the announcement for some slide, or flat ride addition. Lastly, it's not a family coaster. It wouldn't be the fastest of its type if it was.

Honestly, the more I think of it, the more an Intamin Water Coaster makes sense. They're similar in style to the former Shoot the Chutes ride HW had. In fact, they can reuse the the foundation from the former tower of Pilgrims Plunge and also reuse almost everything like the water pumps, boats, ext, other than redesigning the splash down area as I'm assuming this will also have a roller coaster part like ones in Europe do. Intamin is probably also giving them a discount too due to the failure of Pilgrims Plunge. Also, why would they leave the boats, the station, the splash down and all the foundation work for almost 6 years now if they didn't plan on reusing it at some point? They certainly have the money to remove it all if they so wish, and honestly by all accounts should of at this point if they didn't plan to reuse it as it's kinda an eye sore.

THIS sounds like something they would do. I’m buying what your selling and could totally see a ride like that in HW. I don’t think it is by any means a small addition like a new slide complex or anything like that. This will be a more major, anchor ride I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know. I can't see them getting rid of a ride only to get the exact same thing with an extended layout . . .

I can see them getting some from MACK before intamin though.

I don't know. That would actually be a pretty good idea I think. It's been years since they removed Pilgrim's Plunge. It's been long enough that I think people would see the replacement and think "man, I've missed that ride. I want to go out to Holiday World and try it again." It's not like they removed it, and then announced a replacement the next year.

^ A huge water ride like Pilgrim's Plunge was my thinking, in the same spot. I can't really see a new large-investment coaster like some people are saying, but you never know.

I have been visiting this park for a long time! Here is a picture of my first visit around 1953 ! Can you tell which one is me

This is lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

David

I don't know. That would actually be a pretty good idea I think. It's been years since they removed Pilgrim's Plunge. It's been long enough that I think people would see the replacement and think "man, I've missed that ride. I want to go out to Holiday World and try it again." It's not like they removed it, and then announced a replacement the next year.

But do people really miss it? It wasn't taken out just to take out. It was problematic right? From my understand it was a long, boring trek to the lift then just a drop?

I really liked it, yeah it was kind of uneventful until you got to the elevator lift but man what a nice way to cool down on a hot day. The drop was awesome, I think it just needed the roller coaster part like its counterpart in Europe which I'm blanking on the name now.

^ There are several of them out there now. TPR just rode one at Energylandia today!

Also, since this is classified as a water coaster, Assuming it would be the tallest of its kinds since it's the fastest, HW could claim that they have the Tallest, Fastest, and Longest Water Coasters in the world in one park.

But do people really miss it? It wasn't taken out just to take out. It was problematic right? From my understand it was a long, boring trek to the lift then just a drop?

What is a typical log ride? A slow trek to a lift hill and drop. Lots of the general public miss Pilgrim’a Plunge. It was a crowd pleaser with its huge drop. I didn’t imply though that it was removed for no reasons. These new Intamin water coasters are a lot more reliable. Pilgrim’a Plunge was just a prototype.

So the park has been busy dropping a few more hints.

The first being in this blog post. Spoiler Alert, this ride announcement isn't on the same level of Thunderbird.

Then in this newsletter that was sent out yesterday:

5Ofe9P4.png

Notice how hot new food addition is Flamin' Hot CHEETOS lol

Here's the video that was linked in the newsletter:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Looking at the video: One, there appears to be either Tigers or Cheetahs on the socks. Two, Obviously a water attraction since they used Safari Sam, however, socks seem to imply that your feet are going to get wet, so perhaps this ride will be accessible from both the dry and water park? As soon as I saw this, I immediately thought of this video TPR just put up:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I think the chances on this being a water coaster from Intamin is precisely zero. Giraffica was a huge headache for them. With that being said, I think a water coaster from Mack with an actual roller coaster layout (and not just a lift and drop) is possible. Theme it to some jungle creature and plop it in the old Giraffica plot and you have a winner.

Holiday World does an excellent job teasing (as we know from the Thunderbird announcement). Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve.

Am I the TPR antagonist this week? Lmao. I never had a good experience on Pilgrims Plunge. The lift wasn't as intimidating as I had hoped for, the drop with all of that water flying in your face was painful, and they could never get the water level right so it was a giant drop into brakes. I'm only 5'8" and my knees would mash into the plastic part of the boat upon the harsh stop every time. It was wasn't a fun experience at all. I haven't been on a new one since, and I could see it being a crowd pleaser if they got the water level right and it did more than just go up and drop.