Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they make them good now. /ducks

Forget throwing a guitar off the ride, judging by the musical style, it seems he got to ride Voyage in 2003!

Holiday World posted a clue as to next year's theme in their HWN Facebook group... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

Posted Images

Hi, I'm finally posting again! First of all, I love Holiday World to death, and to me it's the best park there is around, especially since I'm from Princeton Kentucky.

Okay so now I figured since we all love Holiday World and most of us have been there, we know the general rides that we ride and the ones that we may skip. I would like to hear people's ideas on what rides and slides you feel could be replaced and upgraded and how. I will voice mine:

The big standout to me is The Wave. When I go to HW and SS I always notice that generally this whole side of the water park is less busy. Now this does have some advantages, but it could also be a drawback in the space of the park. I feel like we will see a replacement to this ride, as it's attendance isn't close to Bahari, and since the old Congo River was taken out. I could see a new slide complex similar to Hyena Falls going here. I'm not so sure about Watubee and Otorongo, because I never ride them, but to me they look to be aging. Now Frightful Falls. I love Frightful Falls to death, and I probably ride it three times at least when I go, especially if I am not hitting up the water park that day, but I would love to see it upgraded. I would love to see one with more dips and higher hills and maybe a longer tunnel. Now this could go where FF is or it may be put where Pilgrim's Plunge/ Giraffica was. But you could also put a new raft ride where PP was, even though I love The Raging Rapids. if they did that that could open up some area for a new Fourth of July Coaster Other than that, I don't see much else to be improved since it's all basically great!!!!

Ps- On a side note here, a new giant liberty launch (world's tallest launch) would totally be accepted! With like seven launches! sorry my enthusiast speaking there

I'm fine with seeing the wave go, but I like it because every time I go to the park if I need to rest or take a break I always go to the wave because of the lack of people.

Since I was unable to attend Banshee's media day last year, this will be my first media day and I am curious how this event will work out. Hope to get many laps in tomorrow!

Also, those pictures from the employee night look great.

Edited by Koasterking48
Since I was unable to attend Banshee's media day last year, this will be my first media day and I am curious how this event will work out. Hope to get many laps in tomorrow!

This is my first ever media day as well so I'm just as curious as you are!

TPR just tweeted this photo outside of Holiday World. It looks so big! Really looking forward to reading everyone's reports tomorrow and finally to see this in person on Saturday.

CDO7FXlWMAAXmOv.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I love how Hyena Falls has friends now! Before it just was way out there by itself but I feel like now it fits into the layout of the park more cohesively than before. Very good placement on all three rides HW!

It's still extremely out of place, considering it's part of Splashin' Safari and is a good 10 minute walk from the other water park attractions. But like Paula has said, it's all part of HW's plan, so I'm sure within a few years it won't be a problem anymore.

I would love to see some body slides (drop box, maybe) traveling through the Voyage structure, to transport guests between the two areas of the water park.

TPR just tweeted this photo outside of Holiday World. It looks so big! Really looking forward to reading everyone's reports tomorrow and finally to see this in person on Saturday.

CDO7FXlWMAAXmOv.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I love how Hyena Falls has friends now! Before it just was way out there by itself but I feel like now it fits into the layout of the park more cohesively than before. Very good placement on all three rides HW!

It's still extremely out of place, considering it's part of Splashin' Safari and is a good 10 minute walk from the other water park attractions. But like Paula has said, it's all part of HW's plan, so I'm sure within a few years it won't be a problem anymore.

I could see some body slides. Maybe like a whole complex. Who knows though, holiday World has worked with Proslide multiple times in the past to develop new designs and technology, so we could see some major water rides unlike anything else in America.

Going along the thinking of a "water transport" system, what about something like what the Atlantis properties have with The River/Current. Mile long water pathway to and from one side of The Voyage, and it would allow them to keep expanding the waterpark in that general direction as they could also build a "river path" following one leg of the river ride. Just a though.

On the note of Thunderbird, everything looks fan-freaking-tastic (as my sister would say). I know this is Holiday World and this level of (for a lack of a better word) greatness is to be expected, but geez. And this is all on top of what I have to say had to be the best teaser campaign that I have ever seen (granted limited years) from a park. I'm just really bummed that I wont be able to get back to the park (or the Midwest for that matter) till the middle of 2016...

That was me at the Banshee media day last year.

Enjoy the day everyone there. I'm jealous of you all. i'll be sitting at my desk periodically checking updates so keep me entertained during this work day.

^^ you wouldn't happen to be wearing a yellow shirt would you? i saw pictures on facebook and there is one person wearing shorts who also has a yellow shirt on.

First impressions: excellent ride. Great launch. The fly though barn is my favorite part right now!

How would it compare to other wingriders?