TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Since I was unable to attend Banshee's media day last year, this will be my first media day and I am curious how this event will work out. Hope to get many laps in tomorrow!

Also, those pictures from the employee night look great.

Edited by Koasterking48

TPR just tweeted this photo outside of Holiday World. It looks so big! Really looking forward to reading everyone's reports tomorrow and finally to see this in person on Saturday.

CDO7FXlWMAAXmOv.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I love how Hyena Falls has friends now! Before it just was way out there by itself but I feel like now it fits into the layout of the park more cohesively than before. Very good placement on all three rides HW!

It's still extremely out of place, considering it's part of Splashin' Safari and is a good 10 minute walk from the other water park attractions. But like Paula has said, it's all part of HW's plan, so I'm sure within a few years it won't be a problem anymore.

TPR just tweeted this photo outside of Holiday World. It looks so big! Really looking forward to reading everyone's reports tomorrow and finally to see this in person on Saturday.

CDO7FXlWMAAXmOv.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I love how Hyena Falls has friends now! Before it just was way out there by itself but I feel like now it fits into the layout of the park more cohesively than before. Very good placement on all three rides HW!

It's still extremely out of place, considering it's part of Splashin' Safari and is a good 10 minute walk from the other water park attractions. But like Paula has said, it's all part of HW's plan, so I'm sure within a few years it won't be a problem anymore.

I could see some body slides. Maybe like a whole complex. Who knows though, holiday World has worked with Proslide multiple times in the past to develop new designs and technology, so we could see some major water rides unlike anything else in America.

Going along the thinking of a "water transport" system, what about something like what the Atlantis properties have with The River/Current. Mile long water pathway to and from one side of The Voyage, and it would allow them to keep expanding the waterpark in that general direction as they could also build a "river path" following one leg of the river ride. Just a though.

On the note of Thunderbird, everything looks fan-freaking-tastic (as my sister would say). I know this is Holiday World and this level of (for a lack of a better word) greatness is to be expected, but geez. And this is all on top of what I have to say had to be the best teaser campaign that I have ever seen (granted limited years) from a park. I'm just really bummed that I wont be able to get back to the park (or the Midwest for that matter) till the middle of 2016...

That was me at the Banshee media day last year.

Enjoy the day everyone there. I'm jealous of you all. i'll be sitting at my desk periodically checking updates so keep me entertained during this work day.

The Voyage will have its mid course brake set to stop this season. I was surprised by it on my first ride this morning. One of the coaster maintanence guys was standing at the control panel when we got back. He confirmed that it will be on all season, except for Holiwood Nights. I asked him how easy it was to change it back to just a trim and he went to the control panel and switched it back to the old program! This is one of the reasons I love this park so much!

I don't generally agree with the enthusiast consensus on wingriders. Personally I really love them so if this ride is getting positive reviews from people that aren't big fans of the other wingriders that makes me even more excited to ride it.