TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Paula, you said that Walmart and IGA will be carrying Thunderbird Ice Cream, but I believe that it will only be available in 27 states when I know that Wal-Mart is located in more than 27 states. Is Minnesota one of the states carrying this ice cream?

^ If your Walmart, or any other store for that matter, carries Prairie Farms products, you'll probably have it in Minnesota. Just go look in ice cream section.

Paula, do you know when the new park map is going to be put on the website?

Edit: Just checked the webcam, and Thunderbird looks amazing with all of the spring foliage around it!

^^ The 27 states are all the states east of the Mississippi, plus just a few to the west. You can always call and DEMAND they stock it, right?

^ And the park map is in the hands of our web designers. You can always call and DEMAND they post it sooner, right?

Not that I'm trying to brag about being able to get the ice cream, but I literally have a Prairie Farms distribution center 3 mins away from my house. So I shouldn't have a problem getting the ice cream

And the park map is in the hands of our web designers. You can always call and DEMAND they post it sooner, right?

Sounds tempting..

^^ When I saw those photos on HW's FB pg. I suddenly realized this will be HW's first "big queue". That thing goes way out there.

Also, I'm happy to see the leaves beginning to fill out on the trees. Makes me excited for next week's rides and rides later in the season when those canopies are full.

Lastly, I'm not sure if any of you know about Twitter's new app called Periscope. If you haven't, it allows users to broadcast live video from anywhere in the world. I'm considering broadcasting some footage of next week's media events, if the nice folks will allow, for any of those interested. I think you have to have Twitter to be able to use Periscope so for any of you who don't have the former, apologies. Regardless of the live broadcasting, I'll be sure to take plenty of photos while there for everyone to drool over.

I have a question for Miss Raven Maven - I've always noticed this... Ever since I first saw the animation... But it's never been mentioned or ask about. Is the station being shaped as a cross intentional? I wondered if it wasn't part of the tribute to will? I've always loved how it was shaped like that and have been super curious if it was intentional.

I was sitting here reading these posts and I totally forgot that thunderbird opens in a week, that got my hart pumping really fast. Also, the photos on the previous page are some of the best photos I've seen of thunderbird. I can't wait until July when I finally get to ride it.

Is Kroger selling discounted tickets this year?
I didn't know Kroger ever did but there isn't any around here really either. In the past I've used Old National Bank, Heritage Federal Credit Union, an empty Pepsi can (does not have to contain coupon), or a bunny bread wrapper. I'm not sure if they still take the Pepsi can and bunny bread wrappers though.

^^ The 27 states are all the states east of the Mississippi, plus just a few to the west. You can always call and DEMAND they stock it, right?

^ And the park map is in the hands of our web designers. You can always call and DEMAND they post it sooner, right?

Sweet. Let the lactose bloat and indigestion begin! Two scoops well worth it.

Sweet. Let the lactose bloat and indigestion begin! Two scoops well worth it.

I can almost SMELL the scent of summer at Holiday World... That's a scent they should put into a candle! I'd love for my room to smell like Holiday World year around!