TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Paula...good to know the bigger crane is due in on Monday. I, along with many of us, love watching the progress on Thunderbird. Any plans on moving the Camera to see more of the construction as it moves along? After the Immelman and the Loop get done, we won't be able to see much.

Paula, I just want to say thanks to you for being so interactive with the enthusiast community. I'll be the first to admit not everyone in this hobby is always friendly and some have a tendency to be a little to honest sometimes. But know that many of us appreciate your commitment to us as a community. I applaud you and the staff at HW! I didn't think it was possible to be this excited for a new ride. Not to ride it or experience it myself (though I hope to some day), but for you as a park to have such a wonderful world class addition.

Thank you, Paula!

To other TPR members: have we ever had somebody from a park be so accessible to us during the construction of a major attraction? Maybe so, but it's certainly. The exception and not the rule!

Paula, I just want to say thanks to you for being so interactive with the enthusiast community. I'll be the first to admit not everyone in this hobby is always friendly and some have a tendency to be a little to honest sometimes. But know that many of us appreciate your commitment to us as a community. I applaud you and the staff at HW! I didn't think it was possible to be this excited for a new ride. Not to ride it or experience it myself (though I hope to some day), but for you as a park to have such a wonderful world class addition.

Thank you, Paula!

To other TPR members: have we ever had somebody from a park be so accessible to us during the construction of a major attraction? Maybe so, but it's certainly. The exception and not the rule!

Well said!

Well, thank you! I was the first in my Girl Scout troop to earn the Pen Pal badge back in 4th grade, so the "stay in touch" thing has been with me for a long time.

Regarding moving the webcam, I'm not sure that's in the plans at this point - since the rest of the track is, you know, out in the woods and away from civilization.

You know, with B&M finally building a true launching coaster, I'd somewhat expect that this would open up a world of opportunity for them when it comes to future roller coasters. Me, I'd personally would love to see a launched Invert (like Volcano) or a launched Flyer.

Looking at the webcam, I could actually see them taking a while before fully connecting the launch with the end/bottom of the immelman that is installed. Depending on the way it works out, with the break run already installed, the road between the launch and that bottom track (I need a better name to call it) might be the only flat and direct way to move heavy equipment that is very tall into the center of the circuit there. However, I could be completely wrong. Either way, I'm loving it!

These big cranes are very expensive to rent, so you'll probably see them have the four tallest points on the ride assembled in the next month. Those being the immlemann, loop, and both over banks. Also, we probably won't see the big crane on the webcam until tomorrow at the earliest. They need to assemble the supports before bringing the crane up to the sight. It makers no sense to have it up in their way unless they're actually going to use it.

So again I ask about the two buidlings we see. From the drawings it should be the power house just after the turn and then the station building. But it appears it is the other way around which is how I have been hearing people talk about it. They said you would fly by the power station and see 'Will Power' on the side. So are the artist renderings of those buidlings backwards?

^ Exactly.

^^ Um well if that is what you're wondering, nothing is backwards from the artist renderings. The building that is the current flywheel building was always supposed to be the flywheel building. They've said that since the announcement and the renderings are corrects. The first building from the break run is the maintenance building and the station has yet to be built yet.