TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forget throwing a guitar off the ride, judging by the musical style, it seems he got to ride Voyage in 2003!

No, they make them good now. /ducks

Holiday World posted a clue as to next year's theme in their HWN Facebook group... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

Posted Images

^if the pathway renderings are accurate, it appears the pathway to the station breaks off of the current pathway right at Hyena Falls. I'm basing that off of the footings for the Immelmann loop being right next to the slides

Oooh, you'll end up walking behind Hyena Falls. Then I agree, they'll probably have everyone using the tunnel to separate dry guests with water park guests... Or they break the path leading to Hyena Falls off to go towards the coaster.

Definitely not using the tunnel for Thunderbird.

What? How would you know? The park hasn't said anything about how they're going to make this whole pathway situation work. All I know is that the survey markers I saw in June came all the way down to where that tunnel is. That's basically why I've been saying I think they're going to use it this whole time. They're either using the tunnel or they're connecting to the pathway above tunnel leading to Hyena Falls.

Oooh, you'll end up walking behind Hyena Falls. Then I agree, they'll probably have everyone using the tunnel to separate dry guests with water park guests... Or they break the path leading to Hyena Falls off to go towards the coaster.

This... Makes the most sense to me.

^Funny. I was half-asleep and getting ready to head to the airport when I wrote that... I barely even remember writing it. Anyways, I can only imagine the new angles of Voyage you can finally get without needing a walkback tour!

I made this to let you guys see it and actually think about it. The Orange would be the current walk to Thunderbird, and Blue would be walking through the tunnel to get to Thunderbird. Now Unless they dig under the pathway and create a ramp leading out of the tunnel towards Hyena falls, I highly, highly, doubt they would use the tunnel. It doesn't make any sense other than to demolish the tunnel and build a walkway. 1589335479_ScreenShot2014-08-30at1_22_28PM.thumb.png.330c92855fe256559d4112e2dca7e856.png

For all the speculation about the path to Thunderbird--

There is a new concrete pathway that has been poured that looks to be for Thunderbird. Said pathway connects directly to the Hyena Falls pathway basically right above the tunnel.

I LOVE the hard hat chronicles! I was hoping they would do one soon! And now we know what that gray steel is for in the background. The construction site looks so different now than it did back during the announcement. Exciting!

^ Thanks - it took us a few months to fill our open Digital Media Developer position, put Stephen's on board now and can't wait to do more.

Awesome! Glad to hear you found someone to fill those shoes! Great job on keeping us all posted, on the blog, just on everything! You guys are just so awesome! Ughhh is it April yet?

Is it just me, or does the transfer track look like it has too much space between the other section, or if it's just parked fatter and it's an illusion?

I don't think it's fully connected yet (assuming you're talking about the transfer track section and the station track section).