Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they make them good now. /ducks

Forget throwing a guitar off the ride, judging by the musical style, it seems he got to ride Voyage in 2003!

Holiday World posted a clue as to next year's theme in their HWN Facebook group... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I spent my day off reading back over 100 pages to 2010 to get myself up to speed. I especially loved reading Paula's snarky remarks (aka the kind of stuff she can't put on the Facebook page).

I'm incredibly excited for 2013. Rhino Blaster looks great, and every year is a year closer to a steel coaster! I'm personally hoping they go with B&M, and I've heard that Dan doesn't care for the unreliableness of Intamin, citing Pilgrim's Plunge.

I'm not really a coaster enthusiast, but more of a Holiday World enthusiast, so I'm loving learning about all of the other parks, coasters, and terminology. Besides, as a junior in high school, it's a good way to procrastinate from homework.

By the way, it isn't TPR video, but here's an interview from IAAPA with Dan and Eric. (Dan, it's 34!)

I couldn't figure out how to do the YouTube thing, so here's the link!

^ We're getting ready to test them on Voyage. We're taking it one step at a time.

GREAT! I think this year is the year for you guys due to the Hades refurb (GG can't mess up this year). Hope it all works out.

The 2013 Holiwood Nights flier is up with some very interesting things!

https://www.holidayworld.com/sites/holidayworld.com/files/HWN13.pdf

May 31st and June 1st

Friday, May 31

6:30pm CDT: As you wished, the park closes to the public.

Please plan to enter the park shortly before close.

7pm CDT (approx.): ERT on all three woodies. Additional

ERT on Turkey Whirl and Gobbler Getaway.

7:30pm - 9pm CDT: Pizza, chips, veggies and fudge.

11pm CDT: ERT ends.

Saturday, June 1

8:15am CDT: Breakfast and Wildebeest/Mammoth/RhinoBlaster

ERT in Splashin’ Safari. Please be on time, we walk down as a

group. Okay, some skip.

3:30pm CDT: Walkback and other activities.

8pm – 9pm CDT: Buffet meal in Good Old Days Picnic Grove.

9pm CDT (approx.): ERT on all three woodies. Additional ERT

on HallowSwings and Scarecrow Scrambler.

12 midnight: ERT ends. Zoltar must be unplugged.

Price

A) HoliWood Nights (above schedule) $49.95 ($64.95 on site)

B) HoliWood Nights (above schedule + add all-day Friday) $70.95 ($85.95 on site)

C) HoliWood Nights (w/season pass) $28.95 ($43.95 on site)

Edited by kidcoaster 2
The 2013 Holiwood Nights flier is up with some very interesting things!

https://www.holidayworld.com/sites/holidayworld.com/files/HWN13.pdf

Totally! I will definitely have to make plans to attend this one and hope to hear some amazing mind shattering announcement before the release it to the gq... maybe a whole brand new area with a massive fast steel coaster? *keeping fingers crossed*

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking that since the ornament is almost as big as her body that she's going to sweep it home and into place with her mighty mighty broom. Fear the broom ne'er more!

• 4 weeks later...

Holiday World names Matt Eckert new president and CEO.

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=57333

The Board of Directors for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari has named Matt Eckert the park’s new president and CEO.

“Matt was hand-picked by my late husband, Will, to be in a leadership role at the park; I know he would be pleased with our choice,” says park vice president Lori Koch. “As president and CEO, Matt will work closely with our board to keep our family’s park flourishing.”

Eckert began his tenure with the park in 2000, when he was hired to be the park’s controller; he served as one of the park’s two general managers from 2007 to 2012. He is an International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions Certified Attractions Executive and has served on its Human Resources Committee.

Eckert is a graduate of Indiana State University with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and insurance. He is a certified public accountant.

“My brother-in-law Dan stepped in to serve as president following Will’s sudden death in 2010,” says Lori Koch. “We thank him for his leadership and wish him well as he returns full-time to his law firm in Florida.”

Holiday World, named the country’s Top Value Park by Consumers Digest, will open for its 67th season on May 4. Splashin’ Safari, ranked as the nation’s #1 Water Park by TripAdvisor.com, begins its season on May 10. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-800-467-2682.

Source: Holiday World & Splashin Safari

Edited by jedimaster1227
What is the title of Pat's position?

Owner

If I remember correctly she recently held the title of Director of Values

Edited by larrygator
What is the title of Pat's position?

Owner

If I remember correctly she recently held the title of Director of Values

I know she stands out front and greets everyone as she comes into the park every morning. She also wanders the park speaking to guests and spreading cheer. She is really nice, and I have had her sit down with us while we eat and tell us all the park going ons. She's awesome.

I love Pepsi Oasis. To me, it is Mountain Dew Oasis. Due to my fair complexion the Suntan Oasis "should" be my favorite. I am looking forward to Holiwood Nights 2013 because I missed last years. Oh sweet night rides on Voyage...

Ride On Friends!