TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Sorry, but it's 'extreme agressiveness' that you admit to beats the poo-poo out of me.

Yep.

But congrats on the award, Holiday World! Wildebeest is a really fun ride, and an excellent addition to the park.

Edited by DBru

I thought the same thing, but the front of the car had no dummies in it. If the ride goes that speed when they open officially with the Timberliners yeesh Voyage is gunna suck. I find it weird though cuz about a year ago they ran the Timberliner prototype with only three or four cars on Legend and it ran really fast. Who knows what's going on but I'm worried now

(edit)Just watched it again there are three rows just running the wheels with no seats on them and five rows have no dummies, wonder why that is?

I thought the same thing, but the front of the car had no dummies in it. If the ride goes that speed when they open officially with the Timberliners yeesh Voyage is gunna suck. I find it weird though cuz about a year ago they ran the Timberliner prototype with only three or four cars on RAVEN and it ran really fast. Who knows what's going on but I'm worried now

(edit)Just watched it again there are three rows just running the wheels with no seats on them and five rows have no dummies, wonder why that is?

Fixed!!!

When I heard the news that Hoilday World's newest ride called "The Wildebeest" was going to be named as one of the top five new coasters, I had to do a double take.

Did I read that right? The Wildebeest is a coaster? I thought it was just a water slide that makes you go up and down and all around, and it to be named as a "coaster"? Folks, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at this; I mean, when Schlitterbahn released its "Master Blaster (remember,kiddies, this was the first ever ride of its kind), did it ever get named as a coaster?

I don't want an answer to that, at least not yet. I think I want to go to Hoilday World, ride the Wildebeest, and make up my own mind. Regardless of whether that ride is a coaster or not, at least it looks like "A FUN RIDE!!!"

"The Wildebeest: is a coaster or not a coaster? Why not sleep on it?"

I thought it was just a water slide that makes you go up and down and all around, and it to be named as a "coaster"? Folks, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at this; I mean, when Schlitterbahn released its "Master Blaster (remember,kiddies, this was the first ever ride of its kind), did it ever get named as a coaster?

Master Blaster isn't a complete circuit ride.

Definitely not a "roller coaster."

Definitely better than at least 80% of the "roller coasters" I have ridden, but why compare apples and oranges.

If CBS wants to give Holiday World publicity for it though then it's a good thing. Who cares how CBS defines the ride.

^It's interesting that journalists are held to such a low standard now that people don't even expect them to get rudimentary facts about the topics they're covering right. Maybe newspapers can start writing their stories in Textese. Because editors cost money and stuff. LOL.

I mean, when Schlitterbahn released its "Master Blaster (remember,kiddies, this was the first ever ride of its kind), did it ever get named as a coaster?

Not to be a dick or anything, but Master Blaster wasn't the first, just the most famous. Dragon Blaster opened next door 2 years earlier.

^"Well, Kiddies, looks like I got my facts wrong!"

I guess that's what happens to you when you don't get to ride enough water blaster rides or visit Schlitterbahn very often.

Then I've received another response from DBru that responded that the reason Master Blaster was never named as a coaster was because

"Then are you saying that The Wildebeest is a complete circuit ride?" If that is the case, then it means two things to me: 1) That has got to be a first of its type - a water slide that is in a complete circuit, and 2) I"VE GOT TO GET OVER TO HOLIDAY WORLD AND RIDE IT!

"I would like to ride it too, but I might get my stuffings wet.

Sorry, but it's 'extreme agressiveness' that you admit to beats the poo-poo out of me.

Having never ridden the Voyage, I was just wondering- would you say that it was noticeably 'smoother' or 'less aggressive' during its first couple of operating seasons and it has simply been difficult to maintain causing it to tear itself apart much like Hades? Or have you just never really been a big fan of the ride?

"Then are you saying that The Wildebeest is a complete circuit ride?"

That's exactly what I'm saying...

You board the ride in the station, ride a conveyor belt to the top of the slide, traverse the course, unload in the "unloading station," and then the boats continue on a track around a corner and back into the loading station.

^"Well, Kiddies, looks like I got my facts wrong!"

I guess that's what happens to you when you don't get to ride enough water blaster rides or visit Schlitterbahn very often.

Then I've received another response from DBru that responded that the reason Master Blaster was never named as a coaster was because

"Then are you saying that The Wildebeest is a complete circuit ride?" If that is the case, then it means two things to me: 1) That has got to be a first of its type - a water slide that is in a complete circuit, and 2) I"VE GOT TO GET OVER TO HOLIDAY WORLD AND RIDE IT!

"I would like to ride it too, but I might get my stuffings wet.

Deluge at Kentucky Kingdom preceded this one. I consider both of these to be coasters. Coasterforce has a liquid catagory on their site and this is what these are.

Having never ridden the Voyage, I was just wondering- would you say that it was noticeably 'smoother' or 'less aggressive' during its first couple of operating seasons and it has simply been difficult to maintain causing it to tear itself apart much like Hades? Or have you just never really been a big fan of the ride?

It was always very agressive, but it was a heck of a lot smoother earlier in its operations. My personal opinion is that the PTC's, while a very good product, really aren't designed to go that fast through the wicked transitions on The Voyage. I've heard that they have to do substantial re-tracking every year. I personally LOVE the Voyage (even when it was beating the poo poo out of me.) If I'm not mistaken, Robb and Elissa have never really been big fans of it and much prefer the Raven at Holiday World.

David