TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Well, according to Facebook the PTC will continue to run this weekend and next while the manufacturing continues, and testing starts early next week (projected). So long as Voyage is open next Sunday/Monday, I am happy. (Though a Monday debut of Timberliners would make me ecstatic!)

Weak weak weak. I travel all the way from Colorado to ride the Voyage with it's shiny new trains and I get the PTC's. Should still be solid I guess. At least I get Wildebeest?

Either way, Voyage is amazing. Best coaster ride I've ever been on. Can't wait for a week from Monday!

New update from facebook:

Timberliner update: Just got word that the rest of the cars for the first train arrives tomorrow afternoon. Testing starts early Monday morning. We'll continue to update you here on our Facebook page. Thanks for all the interest -- and understanding! :0)

They later said that the trains have to each make 1,000 test laps before they could open. It seems like alot but i think it could be done quickly...

On a different note...

When the Legend first opened, it had a single Gerstlauer train that was replaced by two PTC trains in 2002.

http://rcdb.com/582.htm?p=1637

What park did the original train go to?

I believe that is where they went.

Speaking of LEgend. I went and got my pass today and rode all three coasters. Voyage is running good (back seat). Sat in front seat of Legend and it was running amazingly smooth. Raven was running excellent also.

Holiday World is doing an AWESOME job of keeping everyone update on the Voyage. With Andrew and I going a week from tomorrow, I'm hoping they will be on and running. Apparently testing is supposed to start tomorrow.

Can't wait!

Holiday World has sent us an email about their latest work to better their surrounding community. They will be auctioning off several unique packages to help raise money for the Nashville-area flood relief.

Staff members at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are hoping to raise thousands of dollars for Nashville-area flood victims by auctioning themselves off to the highest bidders.

“We thought it would be fun to put ourselves on the auction block, offering all sorts of perks to the winners,” says Holiday World president Will Koch. “Each auction winner will automatically receive at least four Holiday World tickets, $20 in Holibucks to spend in the park, plus two hours of that staff member’s time.”

Fifteen members of top management have stepped up to the auction block, including Koch and his mom, Pat. Some of the extras offered by the individual staff members include:

• An additional four one-day park tickets, provided by the staff member;

• Behind-the-scenes tours of park facilities and photo walkbacks of the roller coasters;

• Parking for the day in the staff member’s personal parking space, by the front gate;

• Musical audition tips, with live feedback from New York and Nashville producers, via Skype;

• Lessons in how to make perfect cotton candy;

• Lunch for four, followed by Very Big Cupcakes with a member of the HoliDazzles staff;

• Pre-opening tour of roller coaster maintenance activities; and

• Front-of-the-line access to rides and the new Wildebeest water coaster for up to two hours.

“We think the front-of-the-line access will be very popular,” says Koch. “I’m also offering two hours to bend my ear about what you think our next big ride project should be—no guarantees, though!”

All proceeds from the 15 auctions, which will run through noon on Monday, May 17, will be donated to the American Red Cross for Nashville-area flood relief efforts.

To place a bid on one or more of the Holiday World Staff Auctions, go to HolidayWorld.com/HoliShop and click on the “Auctions” button. Each of the 15 participating staff members has his or her own auction.

Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will be open daily beginning Friday, May 14, with the premiere of the World’s Longest Water Coaster, Wildebeest. For more information, visit the park’s website at http://www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.

They later said that the trains have to each make 1,000 test laps before they could open. It seems like alot but i think it could be done quickly...

Why would they need to make 1,000 test laps? 100 I would understand but 1,000 seems a little high.

Why would they need to make 1,000 test laps? 100 I would understand but 1,000 seems a little high.

Jon, I'm pretty sure that 1,000 laps would go by a lot quicker than your thinking. I'm sure we'll see them running these trains like mad to get them ready for the public as soon as they can.

^I believe it went to Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga Lake (where it derailed a few years later).

I'm sure the Intamin cable was blamed for that.

I can't see why it wouldn't be...

^This is a giant machine that goes 60mph with HUMAN BEINGS ON IT!

Of course it's going to be tested thousands of times, all coasters go through a rigorous testing process.

Haha, I knew it would be tested a lot, I just didn't know that they needed to test it so many times when they're only adding new trains. I thought it would be more around 500.

^This is a giant machine that goes 60mph with HUMAN BEINGS ON IT!

Of course it's going to be tested thousands of times, all coasters go through a rigorous testing process.

Haha, I knew it would be tested a lot, I just didn't know that they needed to test it so many times when they're only adding new trains. I thought it would be more around 500.

Well these are the first Timberliners ever made. Everything doesn't always work correctly the first time. Ever buy something, tried it at home, and then sent it back because it needed repair? Regardless it tests so many times just to make sure that it's safe. I can't wait to ride the Voyage this summer!

The Gravity Group's facebook has been talking about TGG Southern Indiana for the past few days. They're teasing!

The Gravity Group: TGG Southern Indiana is up and running. I think I am going to get dirty tomorrow.

The Gravity Group: You'll need to check with @HolidayWorld for information regarding when the Timberliners will debut. For all you know, TGG Southern Indiana could be working on something completely different...