TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

What about a spinning coaster in the 4th of July section named "Firecracker"?

Lol the ironic part of your post is that the park used to have a old pinfari where holidogs funtown is named firecracker lol.

Guess we'll find out next week.

As for what the waterpark doesnt have I see a few notable things missing.

1. Proslide Rocket

2. A Proslide freefall

3. Proslide Tantrum

Those would be some great additions that would in my opinion put it about on par with schlitterbahn

Regarding the speed slides and their lack of capacity, Proslide created something to fix that a few years ago. A local water park (near Montreal) ordered 2 tube slides to replace generic speed slides. The result is amazing! They basically follow the typical "double down" speed slide, but you do it on double tubes. The airtime is amazing, its smooth and capacity is excellent. Exactly what would complete HW water park, along with the Proslide Rocket.

Firetower Falls are basic (body) speed slides. I believe Absimilliard is talking about those double-down raft slides. But Holiday World already has one of those---the "Go" slide on Ottorongo. I can't see the park adding a major bodyslide...they aren't as family friendly.

And also, the chance of getting a Tantrum is very small. They already have Zinga (Tornado), which pretty much offers the same experience. Plus, Tantrums have lower capacity.

^Yeah I'll be very surprised if it's anything other than a deluge/master blaster type of slide after all those clues.

The Deluge types are SOOOOOO much better than Master Blaster. Master Blaster was fun, because it was long...but the Deluge types throw you out of your seat! At least the one at KI's Great Wolf does. It was fantastic.

But I'm not sure if it can beat the cannon bowl; which is HEAVENS better than the Behemoth Bowls. I thought it was forceless compared to the cannonbowl.

Lol best splash ever.

They released a few more hints. The cost of the new project is 5.5 million and will occupy 2.1 acres. Also a minor hint I guess is that will says he has a hard time spelling it so idk.

Maurer Söhne maybe? Hmm...

I'd like to say Bolliger and Mabillard, which is also not easy to spell off hand (for non-enthusiasts), but even the smallest B&Ms cost over $10 million. Hell, Hydra at Dorney is only 95 feet tall and a little over 3000 feet long, but the friggen thing was $13 million.

I was going to post that from screamscape but I figured you all saw it already.

Also another hint was dropped towards proslide rockets. This is their latest facebook status: My dear son Tom (who works at JPL in Cali) just helped me create a layman's/laywoman's explanation of the new ride's technology. #HW

JPL stands for Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

I dont know if anyone posted this before but I found this while browsing... If only Holiday World can get this to happen every time I think it would be amazing.

Can you say soak'd

Do you see how it seems to almost rock everyone forward a little. All im saying is that this shows that this ride has the potential to make a huge splash they just have to play with the way the boat enters the water some more

Can someone explain to me how Proslide's Hydromagnetic Rocket slides work? I can only think of two other master blaster ride styles, the one where water shoots you up the hills and when a conveyor belt launches you up the hills. But I haven't heard about master blasters with magnets before.

^I'm not entirely sure, but I think they work similarly to LIM/LSM coasters. There's a set of electromagnets under the inclines, and magnets built into the bottoms of the rafts. When the rafts travel over the magnets, the opposite poles on the raft and slide magnets propels the rafts in a forward direction, up the incline.