TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Without riding it....so far, I am sorta feeling let down..

First off, with no tunnel, is there going to be some sort of theming to the lift?

When they first started testing, the splash was huge, the sudden ending looked dangerous, now they have adjusted the rails and thus really tamed down the splash as evidence in this testing video taken today.

Also the placement of this ride is a little out of place, I mean it is at the far end of the park.

I will hold final judgement until I ride it and they finely tune it.

^ They said that they will add the tunnel in another year or two.

Why not add it this year? Or if money is a problem just build it all next year?

Unless they're going for a "Come ride the ALL-NEW Pilgrim's Plunge!" spin in a couple of years, which I suppose is understandable.

There's no way that's the final package splash

The Wild Thornberry's splash is bigger than that little puddle stomp through!

Drop looks insane though. Along with the ride up.

-JZ

According to Paula on Holiblog, that does appear to be the final splash. I agree that the splash is rather pathetic. The boat design also appears that it will have the flooding front row like the mini drop on Journey to Atlantis. With little crowd interaction and now what appears to be no plans to ever install a tunnel, I personally consider this ride a fail. If I want to go down a big hill and not get wet, I will ride Voyage.

Honestly, it looks like the way the boat hits the water probably wasn't as originally as planned. It's not very graceful in the way it slows down. It jolts around. It looks like it skims atop the water for a little bit before slowing down to a certain point where the nose drops suddenly and hits the water hard which might be why the boat doesn't make such a large splash. Kind of a disappointing splash actually, which is strange because the other Intamin splash rides have massive splashes and are very graceful in the way they enter the water. I wonder why this is so different.

Honestly, it looks like the way the boat hits the water probably wasn't as originally as planned. It's not very graceful in the way it slows down. It jolts around. It looks like it skims atop the water for a little bit before slowing down to a certain point where the nose drops suddenly and hits the water hard which might be why the boat doesn't make such a large splash. Kind of a disappointing splash actually, which is strange because the other Intamin splash rides have massive splashes and are very graceful in the way they enter the water. I wonder why this is so different.

Maybe the weight of the boat? The others are probably almost twice as heavy due to having twice as many seats. The splash is really what makes these rides popular. Without any theming or a splash, this ride doesn't mean much.

I got this from the website:

First of all -- good luck to everyone taking finals this week and next!

There never was a "bridge" in the plans ... but there was to be a tunnel, which was dropped a while back. The tunnel would have been fun, but would have blocked the rather intimidating view of the looming elevator tower.

As for the splash, we're learning that the smaller boats (10 seater, this is a new design) aren't creating the size "wall" that was expected. Riders still get soaked, though!

And the water on the drop -- that's called "show water" and can be turned on and off.

Okay, everone, class dismissed. Go hit the books and ace those finals!

Paula

Some pics from Media Day courtesy of Melissa Miller from the Spencer County Visitors Bureau

This photo courtesy of Holiday World. Will and Santa ont he ride. splash looks bigger now.

2893_1075840574079_1168153949_30193676_7705486_n.jpg.a1da0eab2d51c909acdec70023a97240.jpg

Will Getting ready for his and the rides first ride, Will is riding with Santa.

2893_1075830173819_1168153949_30193551_6031859_n.jpg.392745f014a0ac5a6abba23e29e209d2.jpg

The boats in the station

2893_1075829373799_1168153949_30193548_622032_n.jpg.c0180504647e2c57a3444ac217183542.jpg

The Sign

VERY disappointing! I will be there on Sunday. I definitely wasn't going for this ride, but it sucks that it doesn't look to be good. As I said earlier, a ride like this relies on a splash. The only excitement it has now is the elevator lift. No tunnel. No theming (JtA). No splash. No good.