TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

DUAL ENTRY:

Board from Holiday World or Splashin' Safari

I'm actually still intrigued by this. I really like it, as it seems it would help to shorten some of the slides lines. But does it also mean that shoes are not a requirement?

I actually read this whole thread to see if someone answered this. WOF's shoot the chutes ride Monsoon also has board from WOF or Ocean's of Fun. It works out really well and it doesn't make the wait any longer. I haven't been on Monsoon in a long time, but if I remember correctly, they actually have 2 queues for it. As for the shoes policy, I can't remember.

^ I appreciate that. I'm not a big water rides type of person, so I'm unfamiliar with the shoes thing. It just seemed somewhat odd that a ride of this nature would allow water park patrons to ride barefoot.... considering the rare evac possibility, etc, etc.

Whats up with the drop not being real steep?

The best log flume I've ever been on is the one at Dorney Park where the drop is built into the side of the hill and is not very steep. When going down the drop you pick up a lot more speed than expected and it was awesome. I think the lift looks awesome and would rather it be out in the open. It's like Fahrenheit's lift, when I was waiting in line for it I watched it go up that lift every time. Why hide something that is that eye catching?

I think the ride is perfect for Holiday World and visually striking as well. Intamin always exceeds expectatons with their designs. The park is so far North, I just wonder how many months/days per year people will want to get that wet. Can't wait to watch the construction and opening.

I have read most of these replies and I see the different opinions but This still is just an elevator and drop. This is a big waste of money to me. No one is gonna fly or drive to ride this. I saw the video from the trip rob took to Korea I believe and those rides look awesome. Now The Pompei ride at Busch Gardens Europe is also just a tidal wave ride but the theming makes u think that u are getting much more. The elevator is gonna cause some problems. I think if they had a fake mountain for the elevator lift it would have gone perfectly with the woods that surround the area. I never ride these types of rides because I dont like to get soaked so this isnt a big deal to me but looking at it wont make me want to take the chance and get soaked.

Um...yeah. Speak for yourself. I AM going to fly to Holiday World next year. For this, and their 3 wonderful wooden coasters. This is like icing on the cake.

When I read that Holiday World was building the world's tallest "Shoot the Chutes" ride, I read the specifics, saw the pictures, and said this line with this expression:

"Holy Moly!!! That is one wicked looking ride".

After all the excitment had died down from this new attraction, I wonder what will Holiday World do next?

"I've got an idea: how about a straight plunge right into H, E, (double hockey sticks)! I'm sure to get more riders into my park that way."

"Sorry, devil, but you know the ride's rules: all riders must be returned to the station in the exact same condition when they first began. In other words, you must lift the riders out after they plunge in. What do you say to that?"

"Aww, kiss my !!!

Wow, Holiday world has been KILLING it in the last few years. This thing looks completely insane though, it reminds me of something I'd see in a very unrealistic game of RCT2, therefore it scores points with me. Good job Intamin! I'm really interested to see how this turns out.

Looks terrifying. Anyone else think that the 'splitting lift' will end up being this years 'ferris wheel lift hill'?

Not really....This type of lift is a proven technology (It is a first for Intamin, but Mack have done it on a number of rides)

And I'm fairly certain that Intamin have done something similar with their raft rides before.

--Robb

Just emailed Paula about the steepness of Frightful Falls' drop; her reply:

Hi Daniel—

Frightful Falls’ drop is 35 degrees.

I'm much more excited about PP now that we have a comparison!

^ I appreciate that. I'm not a big water rides type of person, so I'm unfamiliar with the shoes thing. It just seemed somewhat odd that a ride of this nature would allow water park patrons to ride barefoot.... considering the rare evac possibility, etc, etc.

At Dorney the rapids ride and splash boat are right next to the water park, and they let you ride without shoes. I liked it, as it meant we could walk over there from the water park and ride in our bathing suits.

Nothing is worse then walking around in wet shoes and socks.

Although the problem at Dorney was that the exit ramps for those two rides were bare steel grating that took the longest path possible back to the midway. Made for a very slow painful walk back to the midway.

That is going to be totally crazy!!

I bet'cha that the lift will have many malfunctions.

Looking at the animation, it looks like the lift has a conveyor on it that moves the boat foward onto the plunge.

If that conveyor malfunctions while the lift is inoperation, I wonder what safety mechanism is in place to keep the boat from getting shot off that lift.

And I'm fairly certain that Intamin have done something similar with their raft rides before.

--Robb

I know they have done conventional vertical lifts on rides like Vikings River Splash at Legoland Billund and Alpine Rafting at Ravensburger Spieleland....But have they done any of the Mack style 'tipping' lifts with two platforms moving in opposite directions on any of their rapids?

135 feet tall??

I really like how simple the tower is. Its not like all the other splash towers with the big clanky lifts and slow turn arounds. Pilgrims Plunge looks very clean in comparison

but dear lord thats going to be a massive wave....im thinkin the entire queue/ride area is drenched everytime a car goes through

Looks terrifying. Anyone else think that the 'splitting lift' will end up being this years 'ferris wheel lift hill'?

Not really....This type of lift is a proven technology (It is a first for Intamin, but Mack have done it on a number of rides)

--Robb

Robb-

I think this is a first for Intamin, I am fairly certain that this lift style has only been done by Mack, But you have been to more parks than I have so have you seen an Intamin lift like this?

Also this ride looks awesome! and I think this officially marks HolidayWorld's arrival to the ranks of the "big boy's club"

Lagoon, are you watching???