TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

In addition, Koch announced the HoliWatch program, a wristband-style radio frequency identification service that will be offered free to park guests in 2009. The water-proof devices will serve as locators for families or groups who become separated during their visit.

"When parents can't find their small child, even for a few minutes, it's enough to ruin their day," says Koch. "The HoliWatch system will provide them with the most recent location of each member of their party." In addition, the HoliWatch system will include a messaging system as well as park information at the ten HoliWatch InfoCenters located throughout the parks.

I'm mildly interested in this technology myself. Is anyone else doing this or planning to do this? This is F A N T A S T I C!!! It'll sure cut down on spastic parents. It's nice to see that HW has a balance of being able to tie attractions and relevant amenities.

Wow this is like 20 feet or so less then the Voyages first drop, it's taller than the Incredible Hulk, and Dueling Dragons! Though it looks like alot of fun anyone else seeing this breaking down alot? And what about evacs? Also you have to time the 2 platforms passing at the same time (which I'm sure 1 will stop and wait if the other is going exceptionally slow) but still, that could also become a pain. I think this ride looks AMAZING! But practical, not so much. I hope Holiday World luck with the operations on this thing.

Side Note --

Is it just me or does it seem like there needs to be WAY more support to that tower.

Kalepi "Wants to see the finished product and ride it before I make any more criticisms." Konei

Also you have to time the 2 platforms passing at the same time (which I'm sure 1 will stop and wait if the other is going exceptionally slow) but still, that could also become a pain.

I'm guessing that both elevator platforms are connected to each other via cables and work to counter balance each other. Timing shouldn't be an issue.

This ride looks unreal, but it looks like it will be a great water ride. The ride is sure to get a lot of attention for its size and lift as they stand out, especially in a park like Holiday World. This ride will tower over almost everything else, and Voyage is only around 30ft taller for comparison. Even though it will help the ride stand out, I do not like the lift. It just looks out of place with the elevator towering over the forest/farmland. It would look better if it was like the water coaster at Plopsaland where the elevator is hidden in the theming, but something like that would be impractical with a ride of this size.

That is a interesting design for a water ride, and it looks fun. I would like to see Six Flags Magic Mountain here in California take Tidal Wave out, and replace it with a ride similar to this one. I live in Canyon Country, so I am not far from SFMM.

Now we need that design for RCT3. LOL.

Tim

The only thing that I see wrong with this is the 45 degree drop. Seems to lack any sort of steepness.

Yes, but you'll be in the drop longer.

But the airtime won't be there. It'll just be a drop.

The lift design also looks simple enough to not really have any malfunctions. It could very easily just be a cable lift that goes two ways.

The only thing that I see wrong with this is the 45 degree drop. Seems to lack any sort of steepness.
Anybody know the angle on Frightful Falls (log ride) at HW? It's isn't super steep, yet still gets my stomach. If PP's angle is even close to FF, it's going to be fantastic!

Yes, but you'll be in the drop longer.

But the airtime won't be there. It'll just be a drop.

Yeah...but it probably won't kill people, either.

Is it sad that that was my first thought when I heard the 45-degree thing? That Holiday World wanted to avoid any Perilous Plunge/Hydro problems?

I can't say I blame them, either.

$4.3 million, the second largest ride project in Holiday World's history. Part of an $8.4 million expansion project for 2009

.... so that's only HALF of the budget... surely the new "watches" are not going to cost 4.1 MILLION DOLLARS....

... am I the only one who caught this? Where is the other money going, exactly?

$4.3 million, the second largest ride project in Holiday World's history. Part of an $8.4 million expansion project for 2009

... am I the only one who caught this? Where is the other money going, exactly?

It said "Other additions include more shade structures in Splashin' Safari plus improvements to the Legend Parking Lot, including an access road and traffic signal at the junction of State Roads 162 and 245 to the east of the park."

Which will cost about the rest, and they will probably spend some on other random small improvements. The little things cost plenty of money too. But about this ride, I am not a big shoot the chutes fan. However that is one beautiful looking piece of machine. And I would probably ride it every time I went to holiday world, also 45 sounds like a nice thrilling but safe number to me.