TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

If Holiday World were to get a steel coaster in a couple of years I'd expect it to be something along the lines of the coasters made by Maurer Söhne or Gerstlauer. They're cheap when compared to most other steel coasters and fun.
Those are really low capacity and with a park like HW where their attendence is increasing every year, they might want to purchase something that has more than 2 cars per train.

Mabey they will get the kind where they trailor a couple spinning cars togeather.

• 1 month later...

Well, knowing Paula's perchant for punny clues, I would take "Before we let it slip" and "This time of year, we always worry about leaks," as a pretty clear indication of an Aquatrax.

Or a new water fountain. I'm not really sure.

In any case, it's nice to see Holida World continue to do well and be able to add things.

Electerik

Water Wizard

Since Kentucky Kingdom is Holiday Worlds biggest competition, I can easily see Holiday World adding a proslide rocket. When your in Kentucky Kingdom, you can see Holiday World advertisements from in the park. Seeing as how they take that approach in advertising I can see them getting a bigger, longer, and faster proslide rocket.

Well, knowing Paula's perchant for punny clues, I would take "Before we let it slip" and "This time of year, we always worry about leaks," as a pretty clear indication of an Aquatrax.

Electerik

Water Wizard

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38540&highlight=holiday

Check out the first video, this was really a joke video, but who knows, lol.

^^ Personally, we LOVE their waterpark, despite the fact no matter whether we go in June or August, it is always 100 degrees and packed to the gills. I think a water coaster would be an awesome addition, especially because it does appear that the waterpark is the bigger draw for the locals and is why from 12-4 the area is so crowded.

Whatever it is, I am sure it will be awesome!

Shari

PS... The did not get best Waterpark, they got best new Waterpark ATTRACTION... just to clarify!

Well, having spoken to the owner while on the midwest trip, I know they're getting a family water ride, and another ride for the theme park section that she said was something she had always wanted. We tried to get it out of her, but she wouldn't really tell us anything else.

A ride she's always wanted? Maybe a (proper) christmas-themed carousel?

(You're not the only one who's talked to the owner. Just another reason that Holiday World is awesome.)

Electerik

Laughing Stock of the A-List

While I think that a carousel is what this park needs more than anything. I would hate to see them bury it in the back of the park like that.

Um...Christmas is in the front.

Anyway, personally, I'd prefer a sky ride or chair lift. Ah well, maybe one day.

Electerik

Reindeer Wrangler

Sorry to spoil all the guesses BUT- in a link Screamscape posted after this announcment was made (with the pictures of the land being cleared) to another HoliBlog that clarified what this space was used for. In fact, and somebody got it right earlier in this thread, that the Carpenter's songs were the hint that what they are building "Here" is a new carpenters workshop . If I can find the exact Holiblog I will post a link in an edit to this post. SEE MY NEXT POST.

They are adding something to the park, but as was hinted at (also in an earlier reply to this thread) it's going to be in the waterpark. I have no clue as to what it is, only that in talking with employees there in May when I went, a couple of them said things to that effect.

One employee I talked to said that Will Koch is looking at adding a flying or inverted coaster in the future that will go down towards the lake by Raven, but he seemed to think/hope that this would not happen until 2010 or so if the numbers are good. AGAIN, that was just ONE employee talking.

Aha- here's one better- it's the exact Holiblog that explains the picture:

This is verbatim from the website:

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Before anyone's head explodes...

I give.

I thought the statement that I would reveal what's being built next week was a clear indication it was not something really big.

It was simply something being built.

Near the highway.

In clear view of, well, anyone driving by.

Creating a bit of a buzz.

Alas, coaster enthusiasts, ye hardly know me.

You've been on top of the world guessing what is going on. Dreaming big. Posting bigger.

Finally someone old enough (sigh!) caught the puns.

We've Only Just Begun.

For All We Know.

Close To You.

...and I just added another one in this post (Top of the World).

Just a tiny bit familiar?

A brother and sister act...

No, not Donny and Marie.

Not Will and Natalie either.

Karen and Richard.

That's right ... The Carpenters.

Carpenters. Hmmmm...

We have carpenters on staff.

Hard-working fellows.

They deserve a new workshop, don't they? They've outgrown the old one.

That's right -- the carpenters are building themselves a new Carpenters Shop.

Meanwhile, It's Going To Take Some Time before we announce what's new for you next year.

Sorry to spoil all the guesses BUT- in a link Screamscape posted after this announcment was made (with the pictures of the land being cleared) to another HoliBlog that clarified what this space was used for. In fact, and somebody got it right earlier in this thread, that the Carpenter's songs were the hint that what they are building "Here" is a new carpenters workshop.

Oh, I see. So that's why CoasterFanatic said he didn't want to see a carousel way in the back of the park.

But the carpenter shop and where it's going isn't what we're talking about now. Now we're talking about the Holiblog entry from Wednesday, September 12, 2007:

Before we let it slip...

This time of year, we always worry about leaks.

We have a pretty good idea what we're adding for next year, but there's all that naming, designing-of-logo(s), putting-together-of-fact-sheet(s) and webpage redesign(s) busywork that just takes time.

Enter Mike, our sales director. He's already hitting the road, selling the '08 season.

Sworn to secrecy.

It just about kills him every year.

So, out of respect for Mike's children, who love their daddy, we push ourselves to make the announcement each fall just a bit before each "t" is crossed and "i" is dotted.

I'm a believer in releasing the information on our website at the same time we talk to the media...so be sure to check back on Thursday, September 20, as we plan to tip our hand that morning around 11 am.

Electerik

Cleric of Clarification