TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

A Valentine's section could fit nicely. Tunnel of love, some Cupid themed coaster, a rose garden, and chocolate/candy shop would fit nicely. Of course, I still think they need to add stuff to the Christmas section of the park, going to Santa's Village in New Hampshire really shows you just what could be done with theming rides to that holiday.

Has anybody else picked up on the fact that there were several Carpenters song titles in the Holiblog post?

Close to You

We've Only Just Begun

For All We Know

Not that I'm a big Carpenters fan, I'm just old enough to remember those titles. I don't know if that means Valentine's Day section or what...

Anyway, just thought it was interesting...

Blessing the beasts and the children,

-- Dave

^what if all the rides are solar or hydrogen powered? Although, clear cutting trees wouldn't make sense...

I don't see why Holiday World would build a whole new section so soon though. They should expand the Christmas and July 4 sections first, and while a new section would be good, of all holidays, why pick Valentines Day? A Cinco de Mayo area would be cool especially if it were like Plaza de Carnival at SFGADV.(El Toro would make it even better )

Has anybody else picked up on the fact that there were several Carpenters song titles in the Holiblog post?

Close to You

We've Only Just Begun

For All We Know

Not that I'm a big Carpenters fan,

-- Dave

Blasphemy......I'm revoking your gay card. Hmmm.....actually I think everything else makes up for it.

Folks, I think it's pretty clear we're about to see the first launching, dueling pair of woodies, entitled, "The Break Up," in a new Valentine's Day section. They are also going to take the loop from SOB, have another one made, and the rides will feature interlocking loops.

If Holiday World were to get a steel coaster in a couple of years I'd expect it to be something along the lines of the coasters made by Maurer Söhne or Gerstlauer. They're cheap when compared to most other steel coasters and fun.
Those are really low capacity and with a park like HW where their attendence is increasing every year, they might want to purchase something that has more than 2 cars per train.