TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Did anyone else notice, on the break course in mid ride, the train was propelled???

I think that's just an illussion. It is not a brake run, but just a straight track that is slopped downwards. Just doesn't appear that way because of the terrain...

I have a weird theory...

See holiday world likes wooden coasters, right. Well this coaster is like a wood/steel hybrid coaster, following me. So its like they are converting over to a steel coaster slowly and based on that the next coaster is gonna be totally steel!

Jarvis "yep, another boring day at work" Morant

I tried to watch the Pov video on their site but it was down. From the pictures I have seen, the ride looks like it will be really fun. The only thing I am not fond of is the name, but that's not what makes or breaks or coaster now is it

OK, so now I have to add Holiday World to my list of places to return to in 2006. No problem, as I was already planning on getting to Bowling Green for their woodie. Looks like a great addition, as is the Turkey shooting darkride. We were just saying back in May "Holiday World needs a darkride of some sorts." And they're adding a Lazy River to the new section, talk about a cornucopia!

After watching the video, all i could think of was....

"rumored prefessional version of no limits is true?"

There were a LOT of similarities of that video, and no-limits, most notibly, the base-audio of the train.

It does look like one AWESOME coaster though.

I dont think its a pro version. I think its an updated version of what we have. Many people, including myself have pointed out all the flaws with the wooden coasters and they all seem to have been fixed. I see no reason to keep it from the public.

So hopefully that comes our way in the near future.

As for the ride, OMG.

I saw the POV right after it was posted and I am still in shock. They took the best parts of the best coasters in the world and added a triple down. Holy crap the ride goes underground 8 times! They are designing it to have 24.2 seconds of airtime which is insane, but you have to wait and see how that works out. If it does, this will be the best wooden coaster ever.

My fiancee and I just signed up to be ACE members (a long time dream of mine ) and we are going to use our discount to buy season passes to Holiday World for 2006! I'm am so freakin' excited! Does anyone get the feeling that this is going to be one long winter?! Ph well, it will be worth the wait just for the 24+ seconds of airtime! I'm also thrilled about the "Adventure River" just because the other "Adventure Rivers" that I've been on were relaxing and alot more fun then just a plain Lazy River. And Elissa I am TOTALLY with you... forget everything else, we're just going for the Thanksgiving themed dark ride! haha!

As my understanding this is a quote from Will Koch, my friend has it on tape. He was there at the press conference.

"No brakes, this coaster was designed for speed."

That coaster looks sweet! When I watched the video, I noticed big similarities between NL and the video right down to the sounds of the chain lift, looks of the track (Handrails looked a little higher than NL's), and the sounds of the final brake run. I wish we could get something like that here.

Other changes in video:

New ties.

Support structure vertically is more condensed - not perfect squares.

Hand rails thinner and taller.

7 car train holds TON of speed.

Someone from the event said they talked to the GG guys and it is indeed NoLimits. They said they worked with Ole on it however I just think when they talked to him they either pushed that to be finished or it was already close and it was the perfect opportunity to showcase the new look. As said earlier, Ole has long been told what changes need to be made for the wooden coasters to look and feel proper.

OMG, this looks like it will be one heck of a ride! EIGHT tunnels, 24 seconds of airtime, two 90 degree banked turns, the steepest drop on a woodie in the USA... I think that Balder will have a serious rival next season. Maybe if the 24 seconds are ejector airtime, this might even dethrone Balder!

Things I have faith in about Holiday World and The Voyage:

- maintence, this coaster won't suffer the issues that many steel structured woodies have because it'll get the tender loving care of Jeff;

- it'll kick butt, I would say ass but its in Indiana and I think butt is pushing it;

- May 6 needs to get here soon...

george