TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ I believe the governor's plan allows them to open at 75% capacity. Then all restrictions will be lifted by July 4th.

No one truly knows how many people this or any park can hold at a time. If state officials allow them to operate at 75% capacity with social distancing and facemask guidelines in place, HW usually wouldn't have any issues as it's not their peak of the season, although that could change as I think they're gonna be busy with people who are ready to get out of the house.

The other thing to factor in is the water park probably won't be allowed to reopen right away and that's HW's biggest draw because the dry side is busy right before and right after the water park opens/closes.

^ Public pools are allowed to reopen June 14th in Indiana. Wave pools and lazy rivers will be an issue, but other attractions are really no different than dry rides.

How is a Wave Pool not a public pool?

^ I meant as in trying to enforce social distancing and limiting the amount of people in the wave pools/lazy rivers. I'm sure they're will be some type of precednet/policy set for large pools, but enforcing that is gonna be difficult .You can limit the amount of people on rafts and place markers in queues 6ft apart on all their slides and water coasters.

Who wants to walk around a amusement park with a stupid mask on? Especially in the heat!

Most logical people who want to enjoy roller coasters again without passing on/contracting a virus.

Who wants to walk around a amusement park with a stupid mask on? Especially in the heat! It wont last.

This argument has been beaten to death not only on the forum, but also the Facebook page / group and the Twitter page.

If you don't like the rule, don't go, it's that simple. Theme parks are private property and they can impose any restriction they want.

Who wants to walk around a amusement park with a stupid mask on? Especially in the heat! It wont last.

This argument has been beaten to death not only on the forum, but also the Facebook page / group and the Twitter page.

If you don't like the rule, don't go, it's that simple. Theme parks are private property and they can impose any restriction they want.

PREACH!!!! One of my jobs requires me to work in a hot environment, and requires a mask to be worn at all times... and I survive.

If people don’t want to wear a mask to a park so they can visit the park... then don’t let them, that’s fine. Leaves more room for those of us who are responsible.

I really hope the facemask requirement is just temporary. Otherwise I'll never be able to set foot in an amusement park again since I can't stand wearing them.

Nah... permanent. In 2057 we'll all be walking around with masks on just on the off chance that covid19 strikes when we least expect it.

SO much facepalm...

I'm looking forward to Holiwood Nights come August, assuming they stick with having it then as they've suggested. I think by then, a lot of these initial measures will have eased up a little, and it should be a very fun event! I trust HW's management, so far as they actually care about their guests, and am sure whatever is done will be done with that in mind.

Holiday World is now opening June 17th to the public. Dry park only until July. Hoping for a July 4th waterpark opening. Platinum Season Pass holders will be able to start going on June 14th, followed by regular season pass holders on June 15th and then Summer Fun Pass holders on June 16th. If you don’t use your season pass by August, you’ll be able to defer to next year. The park will open at 50% capacity and will only allow those who purchase tickets online for that specific date to attend. They’ll increase attendance as they feel more comfortable. If you purchased tickets before covid-19, you can use them any day you choose. They’ve also added more calendar dates in August to increase their overall season to 82 days. Their plan for the dry park has been approved by the state, but is subject to change as the states plans change.

Read more here: https://www.holidayworld.com/covid-19/

We expect face masks to be optional in public in the state of Indiana by June 14th. We will follow the state’s guidance if this changes. Masks are considered a loose article on thrill rides, so our Attractions Team Members may ask you to take it off just for the ride. If you do choose to wear a mask, we thank you for your consideration of your fellow Guests and our Team Members.

Very interesting comments regarding the mask. They are almost as strict as Japan when it comes to loose articles. Sounds like they will make you take it off regardless. Not sure how I feel about that. I would like to visit since I haven't been in a good 6 or 7 years.

Once the parks are open again, I'm planning on using something like this as a face covering. Basically something that isn't tied on the back of the head or looped around the ears. Maybe the parks would be okay with allowing these on coasters?

Cheetah Chase will be ready when the water park opens. The water park may open earlier than July 4th depending on how they're doing operationally. Basically, they want to be as prepared as possible before they open up the water park. They believe they've gotten approval from the health department for the self serve drink stations as well.

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/holiday-world-owner-discusses-2020-season/

Once the parks are open again, I'm planning on using something like this as a face covering. Basically something that isn't tied on the back of the head or looped around the ears. Maybe the parks would be okay with allowing these on coasters?

I bought a similar one for this exact purpose. I know that it’s possible to wear any kind of mask and have it stay on (Asia has proven that) but this ones definitely not going anywhere and it’s pretty comfortable.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm anxious to get an update regarding Holiwood Nights, as the last they've stated they're shooting for it being in August. That shouldn't be an issue, with things getting going in June and July respectively, but it'd be nice to nail down a date. I'm all paid up, and excited to take my kids there for their first time!