TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Was this confirmed somewhere?

I mean, while I hate to see a slide complex go, seeing the ProSlide Wave get taken out kinda shows a reason for them to not keep the rest of this (not to mention how out of place the complex is to the rest of the water park). Hopefully it finds a nice new home elsewhere if it is going (like at the campgrounds next door where two other slides went).

I wonder how long it will be until HW puts in a new coaster. I know there was quite the gap between Voyage and Thunderbird, but I'm not sure if that is something one could really go off of with this incredibly unique park.

I think there next one will come maybe in 2021/2022 I think it will be more of a family coaster than a big thrilling coaster definitly steel and maybe go in where PP/Giraffica used to be

I noticed it wasn't on there website and I had commented on there facebook about it and they had replied back and said that they had no plans in operating it in 2020

I've found this exchange and can confirm it. In the future please let us know where you find your information right away just so people know it's accurate. We have a lot of people who show up spreading fake news stories which is why people are often skeptical, especially since you're brand new.

PS: Welcome to TPR!

I will be making my first trip to Holiday World at the end of August. How do their Flyers compare to the ones at Knoebels? I'm going to assume they're not as good as the ones at Knoebels since I've yet to ride a set that are. I am hoping they're better than the ones at Dorney Park, though.

I’m glad it’s finally known that the Hyena Falls complex will be no more. I have a few friends that work in operations at Holiday World, and I was told by them (keep in mind, it could be false, just what they believe) that the half-pipe was removed on request from pro slides due to a recall or something like that. I am not entirely sure if that is factual but it would make sense. Furthermore, I was told that they were removing the complex (old news now) because it didn’t fit in with the vision and they have other plans for the site. Nothing to ground breaking just thought I would share what I had been told! I think that site could be used as part of the section of Thunderbird area with some flat rides, or combined with the old PP station for a larger attraction. I suppose they could also build a new kiddie section, or, what I’ve always wanted, a Christmas Eve section with actual thrill rides and family rides, designed with immersive theming.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be making my first trip to Holiday World at the end of August. How do their Flyers compare to the ones at Knoebels? I'm going to assume they're not as good as the ones at Knoebels since I've yet to ride a set that are. I am hoping they're better than the ones at Dorney Park, though.

I can't speak for the flyers at Dorney, but I can for sure say the HW flyers are nothing compared to the Knoebels flyers. Flyers are my favorite flat so I ride them at almost every park I go to and I have yet to ride any that get even remotely close to the awesomeness that is Knoebels flyers. That being said, I did think they were better than most I've ridden and we did get some decent snapping on them.

• 1 month later...

Heya Holiday World... I know you guys are perpetually busy, but how about opening up a satellite park in Monticello, Indiana? It's a short hike, but just think of the possibilities. The industry needs more HW/Koch love. Big time.

"Dreaming is free."

Maybe Indiana Beach will make 100.

• 1 month later...

On a brighter note, the Holiday World podcasts have been great... slightly new and shorter format. Everyone misses Paula, but Leah is doing a great job keeping everyone in check.