TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Announcement Date

So I’m a top fan on their Facebook page and they shared a special pic with the announcement date with everyone who was a top fan. There may be clues hidden in the picture so I’m adding it here. It almost screams an African zoo type deal to me honestly.

567201de7de119a8973652024bfa425e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...People keep saying that the claw marks look like a water park addition, but I don't see how. I mean, most animals with claws hate being in the water...

That's an odd thought, I would think there are more animals with claws that like water then don't. But I'm no zoologist.

I think most people are thinking waterpark due to an animal tease. Animals live in the jungle or you can see them on a "safari." Also tigers which are big cats and have claws love the water! Now obviously any dry ride or coaster can be themed to an animal as well so it's not a lock to be in the waterpark. But I think it's a safe assumption.

I think the idea is coming from the water park being named “Splashing Safari”.

^ Yes. Also, this particular park has an African theme to the waterpark, whereas the dry side is themed to holidays. Theme is extremely important to them, so they will find a way to fit a ride into the theme of that area.

My only reluctance to say this will be for the water park is that in the photo I pasted above they say “Take a WALK on the WILD SIDE” caps for my emphasis. I lean towards a water park ride... but I’m not completely sold yet.

Hey everyone! It has been a really really long time since I have posted anything on here (I was mainly active during the leadup to the Thunderbird announcement), and I think I had one post in the past few months. Anyways, I am so excited for this new teaser and I hope that it is a water ride that can go in the Pilgrim’s Plunge station. That area is fairly empty, especially with the removal of the half-pipe hyena falls slide, and a major water attraction would do well over there.

However, the reason I am posting is because I have thought recently about my recent trip to the park, and there is something that I noticed. There is a lot of free space in the park that could be used for flat rides, and I do believe that holiday world could use quite a few fresh, family to thrilling rides scattered around the park. A new family to mid level thrill flat ride would be perfect in Halloween, I’m just not sure where it would go. That section hasn’t had a new ride since 2003 I think. 4th of July has plenty of space to add a new thrilling ride to couple with revolution and liberty launch, and there could be a few added on the walk to Thunderbird or in that plaza. I think with a few more in the park it would really help to add something everywhere and kinda refresh some areas. Would they ever be able to do a flat rides package with several rides? I know SF/CF parks do that sometimes but IDK about costs

Very exciting announcement, and definitely one that seems aimed at the water park! The best is just going to get better!

A couple of thoughts on what is coming, are either that it's that new "Slide Coaster" that debuted at the IIAPA this year, or a MACK Power Splash, utilizing the old Perilous Plunge area. Honestly, I think it's going the be the first thing, as HW always seems to be on the cutting edge with their water attractions, and that totally fits the clues, while also being something different enough from Wildebeest and Mammoth to not seem redundant. The additional information in this thread of "Take a walk on the wild side" threw me at first, as that doesn't sound like a waterpark addition. However, I think it refers to this ride being placed in the area of the old Perilous Plunge, if not using the same land, over near Hyena Falls. You're certainly taking a walk to get over there from the rest of the water park, and it's also a separate "side" of the park. So it would seem to actually fit that area well. I guess we'll see before too long!

Very exciting announcement, and definitely one that seems aimed at the water park! The best is just going to get better!

A couple of thoughts on what is coming, are either that it's that new "Slide Coaster" that debuted at the IIAPA this year, or a MACK Power Splash, utilizing the old Perilous Plunge area. Honestly, I think it's going the be the first thing, as HW always seems to be on the cutting edge with their water attractions, and that totally fits the clues, while also being something different enough from Wildebeest and Mammoth to not seem redundant. The additional information in this thread of "Take a walk on the wild side" threw me at first, as that doesn't sound like a waterpark addition. However, I think it refers to this ride being placed in the area of the old Perilous Plunge, if not using the same land, over near Hyena Falls. You're certainly taking a walk to get over there from the rest of the water park, and it's also a separate "side" of the park. So it would seem to actually fit that area well. I guess we'll see before too long!

Interesting thoughts on the walk on the wild side things.. and I could certainly see that as a possibility. That whole area over there is just flat out weird. However that was never called Perilous Plunge.. It started as Pilgrims Plunge then change to Giraffica when they decided to add it to the water park. It seems like they are hellbent on making that area over there part of Splashin Safari, but I don’t really understand why. It’s so so so far away from the rest of Splashin’ Safari it just makes no sense at all. Thats a long long walk of absolutely nothing in the hot sun when you want to be getting wet. If they really wanted to make that a viable additional area to the water park, they have to figure out a way to make the path from the main water park area to this newer area more interactive somehow with water attractions, theming and or shops or just something. The disconnect between the two is just too great. Of course I’m SURE HW has planned this all out to some degree on how to use that area over there and their grand plans are probably amazing. It’s just that how it stands right now I just can’t see that area over there being a part of the water park.

However that was never called Perilous Plunge.. It started as Pilgrims Plunge then change to Giraffica when they decided to add it to the water park.

Yeah, I know that, but I just goofed when typing it out, mixing it up with another PPlunge! I never cared for the name Giraffica, so I guess it'll always be Pilgrim's Plunge to me.

However that was never called Perilous Plunge.. It started as Pilgrims Plunge then change to Giraffica when they decided to add it to the water park.

Yeah, I know that, but I just goofed when typing it out, mixing it up with another PPlunge! I never cared for the name Giraffica, so I guess it'll always be Pilgrim's Plunge to me.

I never cared for Giraffica either. Always Pilgrims Plunge in my heart.

I suppose now might be a good time to introduce myself. With RavenMaven now retired, I'm LegendFledgling and I'll be attempting to do some of what Paula did (though we'll need at least two people to replace her).

It seems everyone has already heard we have an announcement coming up, and for anyone local or planning a trip around that time, we'd love to see some enthusiasts in Santa Claus on August 6 at noon (central time)! If you can't be there in person, we'll make the announcement to our e-newsletter quickly after our live announcement.

1752637598_Teaser03-MarkYourSpot.thumb.jpg.f234a92f01c7af548df91941b076d61f.jpg

I suppose now might be a good time to introduce myself. With RavenMaven now retired, I'm LegendFledgling and I'll be attempting to do some of what Paula did (though we'll need at least two people to replace her).

It seems everyone has already heard we have an announcement coming up, and for anyone local or planning a trip around that time, we'd love to see some enthusiasts in Santa Claus on August 6 at noon (central time)! If you can't be there in person, we'll make the announcement to our e-newsletter quickly after our live announcement.

Are we still gonna get some hints along the way between now and announcement day?

I honestly never even considered the idea of a Mack Power Splash! That seems like it would be perfect to go in the Pilgrim's Plunge spot. I think it would be the perfect addition to really get guests over to that newer side of the water park, especially with the eye catching half pipe slide gone. Though to be honest, I'd love to see all of the troughs ripped up and maybe turn that large area where the splash down area was into an indoor, air conditioned foam factory attraction for the Thanksgiving section with maybe a small family ride beside it and eventually a larger family flat ride. Then I'd love to see the old station building get a new façade to look more safari-esque to get turned into a new restaurant or something for the water park. Just some pipe dreams though.

Forgive me if this has been posted but I couldn't find anything about it going back in the thread.

Splashin Safari's Monsoon Lagoon closed midway through it's 22nd season back in mid-June and has since been removed from the park map. Understandable due to it's age and semi-redundancy with the newer Kima Bay (although there are differences).

I guess what intrigues me the most is the timing, why not wait till the end of the season to remove it? Could have needed repairs that the park deemed unworthy if they were planning to close it soon anyway, but is it possible that's the site of the new attraction. Just speculating although as everyone has mentioned there are locations more needing of a new attraction.

Legend, the middle coaster My favorite too!

Welcome and good luck!

PS - when is the podcast coming back? Really miss it in those winter months.

Welcome to the forums! Wish I could make it to the event myself, though a Tuesday at noon is a bit too out of the way for myself, haha. Nonetheless, will be keeping a close eye on the announcement you guys have in store!

A few things I'm sure of. It's gonna be the fastest of it's type. In the initial teaser on all their social media's, they worded it "be the fastest to know". You don't typically word stuff like that. The second thing is that it's a coaster of some type. Weather it's a dry coaster or a water coaster. Why would they want coaster enthusiasts in the audience for the announcement for some slide, or flat ride addition. Lastly, it's not a family coaster. It wouldn't be the fastest of its type if it was.

Honestly, the more I think of it, the more an Intamin Water Coaster makes sense. They're similar in style to the former Shoot the Chutes ride HW had. In fact, they can reuse the the foundation from the former tower of Pilgrims Plunge and also reuse almost everything like the water pumps, boats, ext, other than redesigning the splash down area as I'm assuming this will also have a roller coaster part like ones in Europe do. Intamin is probably also giving them a discount too due to the failure of Pilgrims Plunge. Also, why would they leave the boats, the station, the splash down and all the foundation work for almost 6 years now if they didn't plan on reusing it at some point? They certainly have the money to remove it all if they so wish, and honestly by all accounts should of at this point if they didn't plan to reuse it as it's kinda an eye sore.