TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

So I've written holiday World but they just copy and paste their websote at me.

We sent you the explanation of what we allow (most don't check the website ahead of time). You're asking for accommodations outside of our Parent Swap procedure, but if it's necessary for you, please just check in with the ride ops at the exit before one of you gets in line to be sure they understand what you're asking to do.

>>Also my vacation this year is the first week of July. Am I crazy to hope that the fourth itself will be less busy than the rest of the week?

The Fourth is usually the least busy day of 4th of July week.

Enjoy your visit!

So I've written holiday World but they just copy and paste their websote at me.

We sent you the explanation of what we allow (most don't check the website ahead of time). You're asking for accommodations outside of our Parent Swap procedure, but if it's necessary for you, please just check in with the ride ops at the exit before one of you gets in line to be sure they understand what you're asking to do.

Enjoy your visit!

Actually I got ahold of someone that said "as long as the other parent is waiting at the exit when you're boarding, you're good." I haven't been to the park in years, and have never gotten to ride the coasters, so I'm looking forward to it!

I cannot believe the half pipe slide of Hyena Falls is gone. I see where Paula said it was a manufacturer thing But this makes me really sad. While hyena Falls always felt out of place from SS, it was understood that it was there to help alleviate some of the guests from other areas of the water park and to start the area for future growth. It was a noticeable slide from the front of the park and stood with thunderbird and helped give a cool view along the path to it. I hope they focus on this area of the park next year and bring something new to the pilgrim’s plunge area and the hyena falls area because I’m afraid it’s just not worth the walk right now. I hate saying that because I love this park, but it seems really empty and has a completely different atmosphere from everywhere else in the park. Of course, I’m sure they have plans far into the future that will fix all of this and more, but it’s just hard to see it like this right now

Going for the first time since 2011 so its been a minute. How is the park, mainly the condition of the rides? How are Raven/Legend/Voyage riding? Gonna be there two days in early June, probably Monday and Tuesday. So psyched! cant wait!

^Haven't been since 2012 and 2013, so I can't exactly speak on how they're running now, but one thing I would advise is stay in the " - 1" seats. From my experience, it makes a world of difference.

Obviously with 2 bench PTCs they're all wheel seats, but front wheel of any car tends to run much better than back-wheel.

(Also applies to some steelies - Kingda Ka comes to mind)

I would be a first time visitor, I had originally planned the last week of May to visit along with heading over to Kings Island though I forgot schools will all likely be letting out plus memorial day weekend is during this time, would this be a good time to visit or should I do it the week before or the week after to avoid the crowds? I was looking at doing Tues-Weds timeframe.

From my experience, lines in the ride park aren't usually too bad. I went on a holiday weekend the past two years and the longest line I've seen for the coasters has been a half hour.

The water park can get bad crowds on a hot day though. Fortunately the two water coasters have single rider lines.

I would be a first time visitor, I had originally planned the last week of May to visit along with heading over to Kings Island though I forgot schools will all likely be letting out plus memorial day weekend is during this time, would this be a good time to visit or should I do it the week before or the week after to avoid the crowds? I was looking at doing Tues-Weds timeframe.

I would say the week before would be the safer bet* overall, but if you're planning on 2 days instead of 1 then you'd still easily do everything more than once, as long as you're not going on Memorial Day itself.

Lot of schools here in SE MO are getting out end of 3rd week but I don't personally feel that has a big impact on HW attendance; I cant speak much for IL but the towns I know of close by are getting out mid to end of last week so Tues-Wed might still be ok even with that.

*Should have checked the calendar first. They are open the week before but with lesser hours and that week is designated as a school week, IE field trips and such.

My advice is to stick to your original plan. Weekdays through May 24 are "School Days": https://www.holidayworld.com/group-discounts/school-groups/school-days/

Whichever you choose - have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

How intense are the water coasters? My 4 year old is 42", are they generally too intense for a child that age? He enjoyed splash mountain and big thunder at disneyland but not sure how that compares. I'm going to do a lap as a single rider to check things out first, but just curious if it's the kind of ride that generally gets kids that young?

My 5 year old is tall enough for Millenium Force at Cedar Point but obviously have not taken him on it yet Just wondering if it's one of those deals

The biggest thing with Wildebeest and Mammoth is that they have no seatbelts. Both have airtime, which is quite interesting without restraints.

I'd propose testing out Zinga first since that drop gives a little airtime too, but it's just the one big one there. The water coasters have multiple drops with air and are long rides.

Who else will be at Holiwood Nights this weekend? I'm excited to try all those woodies (and Thunderbird) at night.

We will! First time at the event, 3rd time at HW overall.

Exact same for me!

How intense are the water coasters? My 4 year old is 42", are they generally too intense for a child that age? He enjoyed splash mountain and big thunder at disneyland but not sure how that compares. I'm going to do a lap as a single rider to check things out first, but just curious if it's the kind of ride that generally gets kids that young?

My 5 year old is tall enough for Millenium Force at Cedar Point but obviously have not taken him on it yet Just wondering if it's one of those deals

I don't think it's too intense but one thing is the water splashing in your face while you ride, particularly on Wildebeest, can make it feel like a bigger deal than it is. It's a bit hard to capture in words, one of those 'you'll know what I mean once you do it' kind of things. But if he's ok with those Disney rides then he'll be fine here

Wildebeast can be a little intense because you get a little airtime when the rafts pop over top of the hill and you are actually airborne. Mammoth's drops aren't too bad but you do get a lot of spins and it can be hard to see because you're constantly being bombarded with water but both are very awesome rides!

I don't think it's too intense but one thing is the water splashing in your face while you ride, particularly on Wildebeest, can make it feel like a bigger deal than it is. It's a bit hard to capture in words, one of those 'you'll know what I mean once you do it' kind of things. But if he's ok with those Disney rides then he'll be fine here

cool thanks, which would be the best to start with, wildebeest or mammoth?

I agree with mikey above and going with that, Mammoth would be the better starter to test the waters, as it were. A plus to Mammoth is the seating arrangement seems like it would be more reassuring to a younger child.

I agree with mikey above and going with that, Mammoth would be the better starter to test the waters, as it were. A plus to Mammoth is the seating arrangement seems like it would be more reassuring to a younger child.

yeah i was wondering, on wildebeest they'd always be facing forwards and i could wrap my legs around them.. but on mammoth they're kind of on their own and will have times where they can't see whats happening

Also, will be visiting next wednesday, I'm hoping it will be pretty quiet but if it isn't, what's the best plan of attack for Voyage, Legend, Raven and Thunderbird. What order should I do them to wait in line the least amount of time?

if you're not doing the water park, I would kind of spend the first hour riding some of the flat rides because at 11 when the water park opens the dry side empties out quickly and typically the waits are a whole lot better until the water park closes and then wait times will go back up again.

if you're not doing the water park, I would kind of spend the first hour riding some of the flat rides because at 11 when the water park opens the dry side empties out quickly and typically the waits are a whole lot better until the water park closes and then wait times will go back up again.

yeah i'm not big on flats, i'm going mostly the 4 big coasters and will join family in the waterpark afterwards

If you want to do the big water slides, ride them as soon as Splashin' Safari opens.

Raven gets its worst wait when the park opens due to its location. If you aren't at the front of the pack, just move onto Legend, Voyage, and Thunderbird.