TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Also 3-4 minute dispatches are not decent by any stretch. Those are terrible dispatch intervals.

The coaster lasts 2 minutes 45 seconds, the ride dispatches in less time than that. And similar to what ZeroGravity55 said, they're usually not even ready to dispatch the next train until the returning train is beyond the halfway point and already coming back.

^^ Those seat belts on those trains can be a pain in the ass, especially if you're riding after a little kid who had it adjusted to its shortest length possible. I eventually learned that it was easier to pull it to full length before you ever sit down then to try and do it while your sitting down.

Any recommendations on where to stay a couple of nights for Holiday World. We've never stayed in a hotel cause my family lives 2.5 hours away but this time we're planning on being there 2 days in a row. Where's a good place to stay?

For HoliWood Nights, is there any chance of Voyage having the MCBR lessened/turned off as I've heard sometimes happens?

After enough "suggestions", they had them off for last year's Holiwood Nights ERT sessions.

Just noticed this on the parks website:

Opening Early June – Tembo Falls & Tembo Tides!

Can't say I'm surprised by this. It feels like it's rained every day for the last month around here. Although I will say that since I've been following the park, if it does indeed take until early June to open Tembo Falls & Tembo Tides, that'll be the latest I've ever seen them open a new attraction. Again, not trying to say this is bad, as the weather hasn't been conducive the last month or so for construction to proceed at a normal pace.

That's become SOP for HoliWood Nights the past few years - brake-free ERT on Voyage.

I'm loving the triple meaning of SOP!

1. Standard Operating Procedure

2. "a thing given or done as a concession of no great value to appease someone whose main concerns or demands are not being met"

3. "a piece of bread dipped in gravy"

That's become SOP for HoliWood Nights the past few years - brake-free ERT on Voyage.

2. "a thing given or done as a concession of no great value to appease someone whose main concerns or demands are not being met"

I looked up SOP and saw the same the meanings, but read them in reverse order. I thought that it was #2 until I read #1.

Speaking of Holiday World, I pulled the trigger for their Holiwood Nights event and will be going to HW for the first time ever in June. Really looking forward to it!

I looked up SOP and saw the same the meanings, but read them in reverse order. I thought that it was #2 until I read #1.

Speaking of Holiday World, I pulled the trigger for their Holiwood Nights event and will be going to HW for the first time ever in June. Really looking forward to it!

Awesome! It's a great event, and a great way to experience Holiday World. You're going to have a great time.

Easily my favorite roller coaster enthusiast event, ever! I love returning to it every year, though sadly this might be the year I have to skip due to other interfering travel plans. I'm sure you guys will have a blast! Just remember to take breaks in between re-rides.

^^ I'm pretty sure, if there's another event I'd be interested in attending, like I enjoyed

CoasterMANIA! last June, Holiwood Nights would definitely be one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been 2 long years since my last Holiwood Nights, I'm so excited I can't sit still. I wonder if Holiday World will build their own hotel at some point? It would definitely be quality!

Went to Holiday World for the first time on this past Friday. I really think this park is great. I enjoyed all 4 coasters. Got 10 rides on the voyage. I really need to go back and ride it during holiwood nights. It must be insane. Got 8 rides on thunder bird. I got 3 on raven and 2 on legend. The staff was really friendly. They really seemed to get it at this park. I spent just over 6 hours at the park and was really tired after starting my day in Cincinnati and having to drive back to Louusville. To be honest I thing this is a must visit for anyone who loves theme parks.

^Great quick review! Holiwood Nights really is one of the not-to-be-missed coaster events. One of the best I've ever attended, probably THEE best in fact (I've been doing coaster events since the late 80s). The only downfall is HW is so spot-on and the event is so awesome, it's hard to go to another park/event after with out feeling let down a little (but these days I know to bring my expectations down to normal-level afterwards). Voyage seems to get better every year, I dunno how they do it.

I haven't been on a Sunday, but I doubt that you'll have any problem riding and reriding everything. The main nuisance to getting rerides when I was there was that the woodies tended to open late and break down more often than an average coaster.

I haven't been on a Sunday, but I doubt that you'll have any problem riding and reriding everything. The main nuisance to getting rerides when I was there was that the woodies tended to open late and break down more often than an average coaster.

Thanks. I'm used to the crowds that Six Flags Great America gets, so I'm sure it won't be an issue. How long would you expect the average line to be? I'm used to waiting in 50+ minute lines, so I'll manage if the lines are long, I'm just wondering what to expect.

When I was there in 2016, the longest we waited in a line for a coaster was 15-20 minutes for Thunderbird, though Voyage broke down for about an hour both times we went to ride (if it weren't for the breakdowns it'd have been 5-10 minutes). Raven was a station wait to walk-on, and Legend was maybe 10-15 (maybe a little longer, I don't remember too well). The water rides had longer lines, about 50 minutes for Mammoth and 20 for Wildebeest. I'm guessing a Sunday will have shorter waits than a Monday, but you never know. The operations are great there, so even a line that looks kinda long will move fast.

I'm looking at a road trip that includes Holiday World next Sunday (6/3). I'm not too familiar with how crowded this place gets, do you guys think I would be able to ride each coaster multiple times?

You should be able to do it all multiple times. Even enough time to hit Wildebeest and Mammoth. Sundays are very managable at Holiday World.