TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I would love to go, but think I'll have to pass. My question is why hasn't Robb gotten with Paula about getting TPR on the list of clubs with half-price admission. Cards could be included with a DVD/shirt purchase. They could have your name, screen name, and date joined. I think it would be a good idea. I'm seriously considering ditching ACE this year (loyal member for 8 years) because of the rate increase. Maybe I'll join the GOCC, though. Who knows?

TPR as a "club" is something we have considered, but not something we're ready to do just yet.

Let us get our UK trip out of the way, see how that all works out, and then figure out what the next step is.

We don't want to rush into doing anything. If we were to ever create a "club" out of TPR we'd want it to be very thought out and offer something that hasn't been done before.

In due time......

--Robb

^ I know, Robb, I think your site is awsome as is, but the only reason I pay the outrageous fees for ace is the half-price admission to Paramount and the Indiana parks, although I'm assuming half-price admission at the paramount parks is going away with the paramount part of it, huh? Never thought about that, think I'll go post in the other thread and leave Holiwood nights alone as I'm WAY off topic

-James Dillaman

I would love to go, but think I'll have to pass. My question is why hasn't Robb gotten with Paula about getting TPR on the list of clubs with half-price admission.
Half-price??? I know for the HW ERT sessions you have to be a member of a coaster org to get in at all. Is there a standing half-price admission at HW for members of ACE, etc.?

EDIT: NM... just saw the interim posts on IN and Paramount parks...

As for economical ACE alternatives, consider a $12 premium membership at coasterfanatics.com. Ted just launched this club and it is on the HW list. I'm not sure about BB's.

I'll be at HW for both days/nights and following up at Beech Bend on Sunday with a stop at Camden Park on the drive back to New York. Sorry I don't have any TPR gear to wear, but that's OK since I won't have a camera either

Well, I did have to pass it up for monetary reasons.

Plus, I heard theres like...a bajillion people registered which isnt exactly my idea of fun. I doubt they will have the three train op down pat by then (they barely were running 2 efficiently) so its safe to say itll be extremely packed.

Should be wild at night though!

a bajillion people registered which isnt exactly my idea of fun

I think it is so bizarre how people think that a lot of attendees is a bad thing. It is a SOCIAL EVENT! The more, the merrier.

Myself, I am looking forward to seeing a lot of great people that I might get to see about once or twice a year if I am lucky.

• 3 months later...

http://www.holidayworld.com/new2007.html

We're stirring up lots of fun in 2007!

...starting with Bakuli, our new family water slide in Splashin' Safari. Bakuli (pronounced bah-COOL-ee) is the Swahili word for "bowl" and that is exactly where this takes you—swirling round and round in a huge, colorful bowl! Start seven stories up and climb into a four-person cloverleaf raft. You'll be launched into a very dark, very steep tunnel that's full of surprises. You know how The Voyage has three 90-degree curves? So does Bakuli!

Over the river and through the woods, in Holiday World, there's a new ride being cooked up for our Thanksgiving section. Your entire family will want to take a spin on the Turkey Whirl! This new themed tilt-a-whirl is truly fun gone a-fowl. And the only leftovers will be your laughter!

In 2007, the Plymouth Rock Café also opens in the Thanksgiving section. Make sure your family gathers together to savor the mouth-watering flavors of Thanksgiving dinner in this new cafeteria-style restaurant.

The slide looks really cool, I think.

I just read the news on the Holiblog..... I am soooo excited! The waterslide looks awesome and we love their other two raft rides. But, I am most excited about the Tilt-O-Whirl..... (I knew that was coming...I am getting good a deciphering Paula's hints) I really missed the Virginia Reel last June when we visited. I am also glad they will have the Cafe done. I was disappointed that it wasn't open this year as I would have liked to have had something more than pizza and chicken fingers.

Can't wait to visit in '07

Shari

Didn't they remove a Tilt to make way for the Thanksgiving section? LOL to a park who can take a ride away and bring it back in a year and market it as new. I love it. If Six Flags did that, they would be laughed at. Holiday World? They don't emit enough poop for enthusiasts to lick off the ground.

Yeah, but it was always part of the plan. Even from day one, they were saying the tilt-a-whirl was going to be relocated and rethemed to the new area, and the waterslide IS new, AND they just got a HUGE wooden coaster which is amazing, so yeah, I'm pleased with this. If Six Flags didn't charge $3.00 for soft drinks and had a great waterpark with staff that doesn't sit down all day moping, then I would be raving about them, too. I get angry with people who think HW is just liked because of the enthusiast hype-machine. There's good reason it got to be well-liked, and truly I think it's a wonderful park. My favorite waterpark (free with theme-park admission waterpark, at least ) I've ever been to, and certainly 3 good coasters, any 1 of which would bring people to the park for the credit. Many people are too hard on this park, which doesn't have the money to do all these big projects and so often. Be happy they're even building a slide after the voyage, because I'm shocked.

-James "Not a fanboy, just saying" Dillaman

I'm fairly certain the tilt-a-whirl is a new one; I believe they mentioned that maintanence was getting too high on the old one.

And I'm just as sick of people who bash Holiday World and the people who enjoy it everytime they get a chance as much as I am the fanboys.