TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I haven't seen the video yet. (D@mn work computers!)

From the comments I've heard on this site and others from some normally level-headed people, it seems I picked a good time to move to Chicago!

Does this mean Holiday World will now have the best woody, pair of woodies and trio of woodies?

Time, and Mitch's Poll will tell!

I'll be at HW June 8th & 9th, ending my week long trip back east. I'm sure by the time we get to the park we will all be ready to kick back and unwind, (aka sleep) a bit so it should be a realy nice visit.

Voyage & vacation can't come soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be there for both nights and for Rumblefest. I will get tons of photos, but they will have to be uploaded else where. Stupid Stupid dial up!

I will be around those three days, if anyone wants to get together, PM me and I will give you my cell number.

Ill be at HWN and RF. Ill be wearing my TPR sweatshirt, so if you see me dont be afraid to come up and say hello! Ill probably be with the GAP crew on Saturday, but Friday Ill be there aswell. Should we desgnate a group photo sometime for TPR'ers? Maybe infront of the santa statue in the front of the park?

Colin C

So, how many people from TPR will be attending the event this weekend? I want to see some TPR shits in the Photo TRs!

--Robb

Just because you misspelled that, Im taking a picture of a dump I take at holiday world. I'll try to spell TPR too!

Colin"Oh shits!"C

I'll be making the 16-hour drive out there for both Holiwood Nights and Rumblefest. I don't own any TPR shit other than the movies, but I guess I'll say hi to whoever I see in TPR attire. There probably won't be an easy way to spot me other than I'll probably be the only guy wearing a shirt from http://www.threadless.com.

Hope to see some of ya'll there. (I hope I spelled y'all correctly.)

I've heard 900 signed up already, estimating around 1200 total for HWN. For Rumblefest, I'd guess around 500-600, but we'll see. Well, actually *I* won't see, as I'll be back on the East Coast, hopefully riding El Toro with far fewer people that Sunday!

Hopefully Holiday World can handle the crowds, I don't know how many will stay the whole night, or how well the coasters will be at eating the crowds, but an extremely packed event is better than no event at all. I'd be happy with 1 night ride on each woodie, without having to stand in line for 2-3 hours to do it, even with my friends, its gonna be boring, especially when all my HopDevil is over chilling out in my hotel room across the street!

OK I'm just thinking out loud here. These are just my guesses...

Lets say that 2000 people will attend HoliWood Nights.

1700 people might be there each night.

1400 people might be in line for the coasters.

50% in line for the Voyage= 700 people = 40 minute wait

25% in line for Legend = 350 people = 20 minute wait

25% in line for Raven = 350 people = 20 minute wait

Am I way off here? These wait times look pretty decent actually.

-Buckeye Brad

^^Ill keep you company Derek (just bring beer)! Yeah I was pretty sure I was wrong about the crowds, but thats still a lot more (almost twice) people going to the events than Coaster Con last year. Hopefully the crews are as good as the ones at SFGAm are!

Colin"Kidding about the beer, unless of course you want to, then Ill reconsider"C

OK I'm just thinking out loud here. These are just my guesses...

Lets say that 2000 people will attend HoliWood Nights.

1700 people might be there each night.

1400 people might be in line for the coasters.

50% in line for the Voyage= 700 people = 40 minute wait

25% in line for Legend = 350 people = 20 minute wait

25% in line for Raven = 350 people = 20 minute wait

Am I way off here? These wait times look pretty decent actually.

-Buckeye Brad

Not sure how your equations are working but we waited about 25 minutes for a 4 train wait on Voyage (running one train) last week.

Don't know how much the additional trains will speed things up, but my gut feeling tells me that if you go in expecting 45 minute waits for Voyage, that might not be too far off.

Legend was about a 45 minute wait running two trains during SRM 2003 and there were few hundred people less at that event than from what I understand is expected at this years event. Now granted this year there is one additional coaster and Raven also has an additional train.

So there's a lot more "capacity" at the park now than there was in 2003, and it sounds like additional rides might be open (Gobbler Getaway, etc,) but still, if you go in expecting longer waits, and then if it turns out to be less, you'll only be that much more happier!

--Robb

My super scientific "equations" are just guesses based on approx. 1000 riders per hour.

The good thing is that for me anyway, the wait times will be well worth it regardless. Heck, if i only get a handful of pitch black spins on Raven, the whole weekend will be worth it.

-Buckeye Brad

Since everyone else is guessing...

I would guess around 1,000 people at Holiwood Nights and around 600 for Rumblefest. (Both numbers accounting for a decent number of walk-ins.) Keep in mind that HW usually runs rides like their flume and Hallowswings the first hour or two of the ERT and that usually helps lines. They are adding Gobbler to that list. Also, I honestly wouldn't count on a huge number of people marathoning Voyage. That ride is one that is very difficult to marathon. I would imagine that later in the night, the Raven will be close to walk-on conditions.

7 trains, 24 average per train, average 2.5 minute cycles= 4,000 plus riders per hour. So, I think even with 1,000 people there will be lots of rides to be had.

Since its expected to be in the high 80s, I will be waterparking it most of the day Saturday!

^That's what I'm hoping too! I'm intending to hit Voyage once during the day, then heading back later once the ride may clear out during ERT. In between that time I'm expecting to just do other random rides like Gobbler, the swings, etc, and then do the other woodies which should hopefully have less of a line, especially Legend. I'm bulking up for the 4 Corners of Death Bash Fest

LOL... no TPR gear here to wear... shite or otherwise...

I plan to arrive at HW around 18:00 on Friday. After Saturday ERT will head to BB area for Sunday's Rumblefest.

Based upon the animation of the KY Rumbler, I was on the fence on the worth of the BB leg of the trip, but the TPR video showed a lot more coaster is there than I expected...

I would love to go, but think I'll have to pass. My question is why hasn't Robb gotten with Paula about getting TPR on the list of clubs with half-price admission. Cards could be included with a DVD/shirt purchase. They could have your name, screen name, and date joined. I think it would be a good idea. I'm seriously considering ditching ACE this year (loyal member for 8 years) because of the rate increase. Maybe I'll join the GOCC, though. Who knows?

On topic, though, at SRM 2003 the best part of the event was the morning waterpark ERT. The waterpark really fills up once it opens, and the lines for the coasters think out once everyone goes to the waterpark.

-James Dillaman