TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

The park kinda addressed 2017 on their podcast this week. They hinted that an announcement regarding additions to the park in 2017 will probably come this fall and that those who listen to the podcast will probably know first. I don't know if that means that they will announce the additions on their podcast or not, although that would be a great way to get people to listen to it.

Though I don't know for sure, I would think that it would fall under Paula's job description to be in charge of the announcement, and since she's in charge of the podcast, too, I would think it likely we would hear on the podcast. But since Paula lurks on these forums, we might let her say for sure. Paula, do you have anything you're able to say at the moment?

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone,

I am planning a trip to go to the park on saturday october 15th. how are crowds on saturdays during october? All I have experienced is Kings island / cedar point during halloweekends and it gets pretty crazy, does holiday world see very large crowds as well?

I just watched a video on youtube that claimed Holiday World had a park section themed to some asian holiday called Lunation back in the early 90's. It said that they had a Vekoma SLC named Luna that killed like 80+ people in it's 4 years of operation. I'm pretty sure it's just internet bulls#!t, but i was just wondering if anyone knows if this was ever a thing? The youtube channel is called thrill central for people that want to look up the video, i'm not computer savvy enough to post a link or i would have. It seemed made up to me, just wanted to get some knowledge if anything is even remotely close to being true about this.

Edited by mordecai-75

I just watched a video on youtube that claimed Holiday World had a park section themed to some asian holiday called Lunation back in the early 90's. It said that they had a Vekoma SLC named Luna that killed like 80+ people in it's 4 years of operation. I'm pretty sure it's just internet bulls#!t, but i was just wondering if anyone knows if this was ever a thing? The youtube channel is called thrill central for people that want to look up the video, i'm not computer savvy enough to post a link or i would have. It seemed made up to me, just wanted to get some knowledge if anything is even remotely close to being true about this.

I know the person who makes these and he says they are supposed to be so ridiculous that everyone knows their a joke. He has several ones like that and their all hilarious

Surely no one would believe or even think such a thing existed.

NO Holiday World has never had a Vekoma SLC and NO the park has never had an Asian holiday area and NO 80+ have not died on anything at Holiday World.

Meanwhile, back on Planet Normal ... we had an absolute blast this week with WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley on our podcast: http://traffic.libsyn.com/holidayworld/The_One_with_Mankind.mp3

I saw this! I <3 Mick Foley and plan on listening to this podcast very soon. I saw him years and years ago when he was being sneaked into Great Adventure (I was an employee leaving at the time) and he couldn't have been nicer.

I know the person who makes these and he says they are supposed to be so ridiculous that everyone knows their a joke.

Well... almost everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, thanks for answering my previous dumb questions! I do have another sadly...

what time does it get dark at holiday world these days? I'm sitting here in Cleveland and there is plenty of light left at 7:30 EST. I really want too ride the voyage in the dark to compare it to a beast night ride (my favorite coaster at night), and have a trip scheduled for October 15th. If its not dark, I may go to a different park as I've already been to Holiday world earlier this year (also didn't get to ride voyage at night then). I love the voyage during the day, but NEED to ride it in the dark

Anyone who is local that can comment on when its dark or if it will be dark by 8 pm central time on October 15th? I'm stupid with time zones so not sure if it gets darker there an hour earlier, plus Indiana is crazy with most on EST anyway!

thanks again for helping a lurker / newperson