TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

It doesn't bother me, so go ahead and come at me with all the sarcastic remarks you want. But I've just been noticing on other threads: are you trying to piss people off? There's always some rude remark or something it seems like, and it's 99% of the time completely unnecessary. But maybe that's just me. I don't know, you do you man.

LOL! I even added the smiley to make sure you knew I was saying that in a joking term and I don't emoji.

I can vouch for the fact that I read that from him, and I was like "Woah! prozach626 doesn't do emoji! What sorcery is this?!"

*Finishes eating popcorn in disappointment*

BTW, these negative reviews of The Voyage boggle me... I am one of the first to tap out of "rough" coasters, and I LOVE The Voyage! It's my favorite wood coaster, in fact! Has it really gotten a ton worse since HWN last year? That was the last time I rode it, and it was still awesome as ever!

I usually can handle some rough rides, but I rode the Voyage for the first time this year and it beat me up bad enough that it was a one and done. Legend and Raven on the other hand got many rerides

I think Prozach and Tykunkel are a couple of pussies! Blood was in the water! The gauntlets had been throwed! Lazers were shooting from their eye mouth holes! Then nothing! You all were like, "Oh dude, my bad. I didn't mead to throw that sand in your jock strap. Can you ever forgive me? Let's go down to the Dairy Queen and share a Peanut Buster Parfait." I woulda been all, "Yeah! Yo mamma's so fat when she sit around the house, she sits AROUND the whole house!" And people woulda been all, "Oh Snap! He was talkin' bout you Mamma!" Then I woulda ended with a double open hand to tha groin and a hearty, "Suck it!" Then er'body woulda been all, "Awwwwwww Damn! He just dropped the mic on you A$$!"

Then I woulda gone radio silent!

..................................................................................................!

It doesn't bother me, so go ahead and come at me with all the sarcastic remarks you want. But I've just been noticing on other threads: are you trying to piss people off? There's always some rude remark or something it seems like, and it's 99% of the time completely unnecessary. But maybe that's just me. I don't know, you do you man.

Not to speak for anyone but once you spend enough time on this board you'll understand why Prozach is entirely sick and tired of humanity in general (and in his case he's a police officer who gets to deal with the same type of stupidity out in the field, in the real world all day, every day times ten). In my case I've grown to have a pretty quick trigger finger on this board and I admit that, but it's hard not to after awhile.

I think Prozach and Tykunkel are a couple of pussies! Blood was in the water! The gauntlets had been throwed! Lazers were shooting from their eye mouth holes! Then nothing! You all were like, "Oh dude, my bad. I didn't mead to throw that sand in your jock strap. Can you ever forgive me? Let's go down to the Dairy Queen and share a Peanut Buster Parfait." I woulda been all, "Yeah! Yo mamma's so fat when she sit around the house, she sits AROUND the whole house!" And people woulda been all, "Oh Snap! He was talkin' bout you Mamma!" Then I woulda ended with a double open hand to tha groin and a hearty, "Suck it!" Then er'body woulda been all, "Awwwwwww Damn! He just dropped the mic on you A$$!"

Then I woulda gone radio silent!

Sorry to let you down, brother.

A lot of parks are announcing their 2017 projects and I notice Holiday World hasn't announced anything. Even though it must be nothing major I still love my former home park and I can't wait to see what is in store. With living 4.5-5 hours away, I haven't been since 2011 and look forward to going back next summer for a couple of days. They've added quite a few rides that I have never experienced, including Thunderbird!

A lot of parks are announcing their 2017 projects and I notice Holiday World hasn't announced anything. Even though it must be nothing major I still love my former home park and I can't wait to see what is in store. With living 4.5-5 hours away, I haven't been since 2011 and look forward to going back next summer for a couple of days. They've added quite a few rides that I have never experienced, including Thunderbird!

Yeah they are adding something, as tykunkel pointed out earlier, there will probably only be one addition of anything remotely significant. But with that said, it is sort of weird we haven't heard ANYTHING yet. Not on the podcasts, or anything.

As far as location, I'm 90% sure something is going where their current 70th birthday plaza is in 4th of July, because that won't be there next year obviously. But the 4th of July section could use something to spice it up more as it's by no means "dead" per say, but it's probably the least active of the four dry park sections. Personally I'd love to see another thrilling flat go there, across from Liberty Launch. As far as what that could, well there are a lot of things I'd be ok with . But something, regardless of how significant, is going there for 2017 because I doubt they want an empty lot there even if it's just for a year.

Then of course is the former Pilgrims Plunge area, and honestly I don't see that being touched as far as a new attraction for 2017. I'm fairly certain when they do build on it, it's going to be something big. There's a lot of space there regardless of what they put, so 2017 is probably too early.

And my final place for something new would be the Hyena Falls area of Splashin' Safari. HW said they don't like the capsule slides as much because they're less family oriented, which I can see to an extent, but c'mon HW it's not that big of a deal lol. HOWEVER, I have heard rave reviews about capsule slides as well as pretty negative reviews like people hurting their back on the transitions and stuff. So if they do decide to add that I hope they get it right, which I trust they will. But it could just be another slide complex or even lazy river that circles the area out there.

Those are just my 3 areas of interest for 2017-18 additions. Obviously Splashin' Safari has room other places to add things too but I think Hyena Falls should be one of their first targets. But yeah.

^ I have one request. Please go with Proslide if a body slide gets installed (it probably will be due to there relationship with them)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup actually every water slide or slide complex HW has or has gotten has been made by pro slide. So that's actually cool as yeah it's safe to say they're the best water slide manufacturer and it''s also safe to say pro slide will do whatever the next slide/slide complex is at HW.