TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

That comes up when I try to watch the video. Does anybody know what I can do to fix it, or do you have it saved onto your computer which you could then upload for me? Thanks.

Oh...my...freaking...god. That is amazing! I didn't expect this much from the Voyage, actually, to tell the truth, nowhere near this much! But that thing looks INSANE! I figured the ride would slow down on the turnaround (considering it's at the top of a hundred-foot hill) but no! The thing keeps going the entire time, and continues to gain speed thru the last half of the ride! You'd think that with only one lift, a long ride like this would start to lag. Uh-uh!

--Tyler "Mom, can I go to HoliWood Nights next year?" H.

That looks amaaaaazing!

No doubt about it.

THIS "Voyage" certainly makes a land speed record, would it? Could it?

Wow. Pretty cool and fassssssst.

And I think this is my fave pic V so far, that I've seen of it.

Mmmm Coaster Night Shots.....

(Thankyou HW for the pic.)

night_voyage.jpg.7daab40bfb15db3ec9865b0214a85ace.jpg

That just looks so purty...

Yeah, that picture didn't look real to me.

And back on to topic oh my god does that thing carry speed. I was thinking the momentum was running out after that break, and then you drop into the tunnel and come out going even faster it looks like. I am definately going to ride this when I get back to school next year, its only like 3-4 hours away.

WOW. So let me get this straight....warmer weather will actually help increase speed? God help us! I can't wait for Holiwood nights now.

And thinking back to the original virtual ride....most of us (including myself) thought something was a bit off with how it held it's speed throughout the ride. It's nice to be proven wrong on occasion, I guess.

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

That comes up when I try to watch the video. Does anybody know what I can do to fix it, or do you have it saved onto your computer which you could then upload for me? Thanks.

I used to get that message all the time. I installed WMP again and havn't had the problem since.

Here is an "official" review I wrote: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/stories_view.php/1532

You guys, the on-ride video doesn't do the ride justice. First off, it's in the front seat. The back seat is wilder because you're whipped through everything. I don't instantly fall in love with rides, but this ride is just sick.

Don't just watch the video...go out and ride it! It's definitely worth your time.

I agree with everyone who rode The Voyage today!! This ride is INSANELY fast throughout the whole ride, it just seems to never run out of gas. It has everything and after one ride, it all seems like a blur. Surprisingly, the lift is very fast and for all of you back-seat riders - this is your HEAVEN. The back seat will rock you all over, so just a word of warning. I STILL can't believe how amazing this ride is!

So, safe to say theres more than just floater on this beast huh.

And to think, this is a ride that probably has like...100-150 rides under its belt?

whats it going to be like mid-late summer at night after a warm day and a cool night?!?@!#!#

KINGDA (KA) WHO?

Forget Kingda Ka! HW has its own version.....WOODIE-STYLE

Its Woodie time in Holiday-land(World)!

I think I have watched the video around 6-8 times now and can't get enough of it for some reason..lol Perhaps too much Maui Sun.

There appears to be no rough spots anywhere and the speed that thing attains is perhaps (new discussion forum now?.lol) the ONLY coaster I have witnessed (or even ridden) to-date where it (speed) is constant throught...from beginning to end...

HW has a winner on its hands now~!