TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^that's a new one. I haven't experienced any kind of discomfort at all with the Thunderbird restraints

Really? I have had trouble with Gatekeeper, Wild Eagle and Thunderbird. It ruined what could of been a great coaster in Thunderbird. Im skinny and its brutal

My legs are fairly muscular, so that may be why I haven't noticed. And I never push the restraint down very far when buckling in. Or maybe I'm just not even paying attention to it. Now I'm gonna notice it next time. Thanks, guys

^that's a new one. I haven't experienced any kind of discomfort at all with the Thunderbird restraints

Really? I have had trouble with Gatekeeper, Wild Eagle and Thunderbird. It ruined what could of been a great coaster in Thunderbird. Im skinny and its brutal

My legs are fairly muscular, so that may be why I haven't noticed. And I never push the restraint down very far when buckling in. Or maybe I'm just not even paying attention to it. Now I'm gonna notice it next time. Thanks, guys

It's not a leg thing, just a hip thing. I think it only affects skinny/bony people like me so if you're muscular then you probably won't notice it.

I like to work up a massive chubby before getting on any ride. That way it stops the restraint way before it presses down on my tender sensitive thighs.

hmmmm... Then I wonder if working up a small chubby will at least help out a little. I'll get back to everyone on that.

^It's gotta be stiff enough to hold the restraint off your thighs. Even if the ride op tries to staple you. If you suffer from Peyronie's disease, you may be out of luck. A crooked member, while great for tha ladies depending on the angle, is no match for even the weakest of ride attendants.

^It's gotta be stiff enough to hold the restraint off your thighs. Even if the ride op tries to staple you. If you suffer from Peyronie's disease, you may be out of luck. A crooked member, while great for tha ladies depending on the angle, is no match for even the weakest of ride attendants.

Paula is going to be so disappointed in you kids.

Paula is going to be so disappointed in you kids.

1st and foremost, it's me! Get used to disappointment.

^

See! It works. I'll be at the parks next week. I'll document a photo tutorial.

Is it normal that Thunderbird has a 45 minute wait at almost 8 o'clock?

Uh that's very odd. Usually it's about 10 or less by now. Are 2 trains running/was there some kind of downtime?

Yes 2 trains and no, no downtime... the line turned out to be about a half hour.

Uh that's very odd. Usually it's about 10 or less by now. Are 2 trains running/was there some kind of downtime?

Yes 2 trains and no, no downtime... the line turned out to be about a half hour.

Wow. That's still crazy. Normally it would be winding down to a near walk on by that time. Must have just been an abnormally crowded day.

Wow. That's still crazy. Normally it would be winding down to a near walk on by that time. Must have just been an abnormally crowded day.

The park did seem a bit crowded today but the other coasters where walk on's most of the day. Maybe most people came today instead of tomorrow since it's supposed to be hotter than hell tomorrow.

Coming up on a year since my first trip to Holiday World and Splashin Safari - man how I loved this park and would love to return one day. What a nice break this part of the country is too from the city hustle & bustle.

I'm going to be at Holiday World on Tuesday, July 26, and Wednesday, July 27. If anyone would like to meet up for some rides, just let me know. All my other visits have been in May or June, so I will be very interested to see how rough or smooth the Voyage is.