TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^^Exactly. This was from Triple XXX near Purdue University, a restaurant featured in Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Not exactly park food.

But with that said I don't k ow how hard it is to screw up (and I'd have more faith in Holiday World than a lot of parks), so it's definitely worth a try.

They're gonna have a Peanut Butter Burger this year. I'm all for trying new things as anyone who's met me can attest to, but this just seems strange. Guess I'll find out in six weeks.

I've had a lot of burgers with peanut butter on them (like, a lot). Some with peanut butter and jelly. All amazing.

^^Exactly. This was from Triple XXX near Purdue University, a restaurant featured in Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Not exactly park food.

Love me some Triple XXX... The Duane Purvis (the name of their peanut butter burger) is absolutely delicious, although I have to admit it was usually after the bars closed at 4am when I had it, so I can't speak as to how delicious it is when sober

So, can we talk about this for a second?

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2016/04/03/a-burger-topped-with-what/

They're gonna have a Peanut Butter Burger this year. I'm all for trying new things as anyone who's met me can attest to, but this just seems strange. Guess I'll find out in six weeks.

I've made Peanut Butter Burgers a couple times, they aren't bad!

Love me some Triple XXX... The Duane Purvis (the name of their peanut butter burger) is absolutely delicious, although I have to admit it was usually after the bars closed at 4am when I had it, so I can't speak as to how delicious it is when sober

Fear not, even without a night at Harry's and Brothers, the DP is plenty good

We take our burgers very seriously here in Southern Michigan (that and beer). I can tell you that we have tons of restaurants, bars and pubs around here that have Peanut Butter burgers and, surprisingly, they are very good (even better if you love peanut butter). Excited to see that menu option added at HW. I will definitely have one and see how it compares to the burgers back home.

Have there been any other coasters that have used ipe wood for their top two layers? If so, did it have a significant impact on the longevity/smoothness?

Also, Holiday World announced that they would have dole whip this year, for those of you who care about those things.

Hopefully Legends launch will work out better than Lightning Rods. Do we know who GCI used for their LIM vendor?

They use your strippers! lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So it's true, LIM is an acronym for Lapdance Induced Megaboner!

If that doesn't get the train up the lift, I don't know what will.

Sent from my IPad not using Tapatalk, just my freakishly large sausage fingers.

Hopefully Legends launch will work out better than Lightning Rods. Do we know who GCI used for their LIM vendor?

They use your strippers! lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So it's true, LIM is an acronym for Lapdance Induced Megaboner!

If that doesn't get the train up the lift, I don't know what will.

Sent from my IPad not using Tapatalk, just my freakishly large sausage fingers.

I think I am correct in saying that Ledgend is NOT using LIM's but still has the chain lift.

I didn't see anywhere Holiday World saying that the lift was being changed, just the drop final turns, and adding a new tunnel and a double-drop.

I think I am correct in saying that Ledgend is NOT using LIM's but still has the chain lift.

I didn't see anywhere Holiday World saying that the lift was being changed, just the drop final turns, and adding a new tunnel and a double-drop.

You must be mistaken, I have yet to see a single post of Guy's that wasn't 100% true.