TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Maybe what did santa bring us? is a giant anagram

I put it into a solver and it couldn't make any solutions with all of the letters but one result that might fit is "bathing suits". I'm not sure how that fits with what is going on at HW but it was the only result that seems to be a remotely possible clue. Here is the full list.

We're all insane.

In my mind, people who aren't like us are the insane ones.

Maybe bathing suits means a splash down on the legend?

Maybe what did santa bring us? is a giant anagram

I put it into a solver and it couldn't make any solutions with all of the letters but one result that might fit is "bathing suits". I'm not sure how that fits with what is going on at HW but it was the only result that seems to be a remotely possible clue. Here is the full list.

We're all insane.

In my mind, people who aren't like us are the insane ones.

Those only exist in Roller Coaster Tycoon. Like balloon stalls.

Balloon Stalls should be a thing.

Anyways, the GCI idea definitely carries the most weight. The "Getting Closer, Interested?" seemed awkward and now it would make sense why it's phrased like that. It would also make sense seeing all of the track coming off and the type of material delivered. A GCI retrack would maintain the traditional coaster feel but make for a much more enjoyable ride with the laterals (see the GCI Coney Island Cyclone refurb as an example).

I think the clue that Paula says we missed in the video was that of the coaster train. Seems like some of you caught it.

Millennium Flyer trains?
...GCI is retracking Legend and it is possibly getting Millennium Flyer trains.

The video shows (briefly) what looks like Millennium Flyer Trains. Some of you might say that it is just a simple coaster shape they found to use in the video, but we all know how detailed oriented Holiday World is.

Here's a still from the part of the video I'm talking about. thumb_image_71.png

Here is the best side profile photo I could find of a GCI Millennium Flyer.

It's not exact, but it is close. With new trains and retracking... Legend could be better than ever before.

As far as the possibility of those stakes being for footers let us not forget that even a tunnel would need footers...as would any structure.. all the way down to a fence. It could be anything.

I'm still curious as to how this plays into what Will had originally wanted.

I guess we shall see!

^ The train in the video is clearly a PTC-like with two rows per car. Go on Youtube and

at 0.25 and you'll see.

Although I do definitely think the hint was GCI indeed.

once had one. See toward the end of the POV.

HW's coaster cats will be doing the re-tracking/whatever else they're doing from everything I can see, but if GCI is indeed involved, they were brought in for the engineering. I would venture out to say that the PTC's will stay. If they were doing Millennium Flyers, the ride would be getting a reprofile much like Ghostrider's as GCI has requirements that the structure of the ride must meet before they would put their trains on said ride. GCI did do the engineering on the re-profile of Boulder Dash a few years back and it still uses PTC's. It seems that ride as held up really well since they did it and it didn't get neutered one bit (I could be wrong on that). Here's another little note: HW has relationship with Skyline Attractions and the guys at Skyline Attractions are the former lead engineers at GCI and they still do engineering work for GCI from time to time.

HW's coaster cats will be doing the re-tracking/whatever else they're doing from everything I can see, but if GCI is indeed involved, they were brought in for the engineering. I would venture out to say that the PTC's will stay. If they were doing Millennium Flyers, the ride would be getting a reprofile much like Ghostrider's as GCI has requirements that the structure of the ride must meet before they would put their trains on said ride. GCI did do the engineering on the re-profile of Boulder Dash a few years back and it still uses PTC's. It seems that ride as held up really well since they did it and it didn't get neutered one bit (I could be wrong on that). Here's another little note: HW has relationship with Skyline Attractions and the guys at Skyline Attractions are the former lead engineers at GCI and they still do engineering work for GCI from time to time.

Here are a couple interesting things to read about Skyline Attractions, Skyline Design, and GCI.

http://www.skylineattractions.com/?p=design

http://www.iaapa.org/news/funworld/funworld-magazine/next-generation-of-creativity---july-2015

Not sure if anyone has posted this or noticed this yet. A friend of mine pointed it out to me today.

Take a look at this photo again...

Looks like the old steel track has been placed on the handrails. Going to be reused?

If someone has talked about this in the past, I apologize.

So After hearing all the things they are teasing and all the work they are doing, I really think they are revamping the whole Halloween section. They are reprinting the Hallowswings with some new colors, they could be working or even changing frightful falls, they have been working on the legend and I assume the Raven. I wonder if they do completely revamp this section if they will actually change the Legend drastically in parts to make it a "new marquee ride". Revamping this section and possibly altering/adding rides could really help to slim the crowds in thanksgiving and make it a little easier for the workers and the guests

So After hearing all the things they are teasing and all the work they are doing, I really think they are revamping the whole Halloween section. They are reprinting the Hallowswings with some new colors, they could be working or even changing frightful falls, they have been working on the legend and I assume the Raven. I wonder if they do completely revamp this section if they will actually change the Legend drastically in parts to make it a "new marquee ride". Revamping this section and possibly altering/adding rides could really help to slim the crowds in thanksgiving and make it a little easier for the workers and the guests

I also think that Halloween is getting revamped. Halloween Weekends are a big deal, and a revamped Halloween section would be perfect for that. They mentioned planning new events, so maybe they are going to add more things to Halloween Weekends once the Halloween section is upgraded.

Hallowswings is getting an awesome paint job. I have been wondering if they will move it to make is move visible. I saw in the background of an instagram picture that they have painted the Halloween section sign. It kind of looked like it had been moved a little bit, but I think it might just be the angle. If the sign has been moved how it look to me in the picture, then the section with the Christmas rides would be turned into Halloween. But then where would the Christmas rides be moved to?. I really think it had to have just been the angle of the picture, so I haven't thought too much about this possibility.

If this is even possible, I think they will alter the steep hill between Halloween and Christmas. About a week ago, they reposted an old blog post and it said something about "one less hill to climb". It made me think of that hill.

Edit to add the instagram picture: (The pieces of Hallowswings are leaning against the theater by the fountain where they have Holidog 3d maze during Halloween.)

Perhaps they're enclosing the entire first drop. It kind of fits the theme of the ride, it correlates to the work being done, and it possibly relates to the "Getting Closer, Interested" hint (getting closed in). Even the extra stakes can be indicative of extra support needed for the tunnel. It's already the middle of January, so I'm not sure how extensive the work being done is going to be.