TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Could "Getting Closer, Interested?" mean a GCI retracking?

You and your... thinking... stuff! I think you're right. That phrase "Getting Closer, Interested" doesn't sound right- sounds more like they're deliberately pointing to GCI.

You guys are on to something here!! I would be very pleased with a GCI retrack, this year I will be riding bot GhostRider and Legend, I'd prefer if both rides aren't rough.

Could "Getting Closer, Interested?" mean a GCI retracking?

You and your... thinking... stuff! I think you're right. That phrase "Getting Closer, Interested" doesn't sound right- sounds more like they're deliberately pointing to GCI.

You guys are on to something here!! I would be very pleased with a GCI retrack, this year I will be riding bot GhostRider and Legend, I'd prefer if both rides aren't rough.

I don't know the engineering here, so I'll ask, but would a GCI retracking require the stakes that are in the ground?

Doing some rewatching of the original "wish list" video. They DO indeed say "roller coaster tunnel" so we can be assured with that and jonskinny12's recollection that one of the coasters is getting an additional tunnel.

I think someone mentioned the blueprint of The Legend being in the background of the video. I watched the video and paused it to take a look. Again, not being an engineer I'm not 100% sure what all we are looking at, but it looks to me that part of the course does indeed look different on that blueprint than what it has been. Of course, I could be wrong. Here is a screen shot I took of it.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452403752.276313.jpg.3ca22e931225aaf51ac46ad1670c0be2.jpg

Also, going through old tweets I came to one that was posted with a picture. The text read basically points out that they were trying to figure where to put something. I have a screen shot of it with the text as well to share. Can anyone tell me where exactly in the park the pic was taken? Might be a clue of sorts to location.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452403947.487229.jpg.0c53af783d9359822b575af8a9907089.jpg

^ Watch this video

And then watch this video

And it'll make sense why they're talking about Christmas and Santa in January.

I know this, but the fact still stand that there was something we didn't catch yet that Paula revealed to us. As the GCI one is clever, we have also seen with previous marketing that they also put in obvious clues that are overlooked. So it's an observation to look at still.

I just looked at the blueprint layout from the video since HWFTW mentioned it. I don't know anything about blueprints, and it took me a little while to make sense of what I was looking at, but this is what I think I see. (And I am probably wrong.)

I think the little colored arrows are where The Legend intersects with other rides or slides. I think the upper left corner shows where it intersects with Zinga and Zoombabwe. It looks like it is showing Watubee there too, but it doesn't seem like that is the right spot. I think Watubee is the arrow at the top middle on the other side of his head. Except I feel like there should be two arrows for Watubee, so I am probably wrong.

Then he is blocking a lot of the track, so skip ahead to the upper right corner, which I think is the last turn. After that last turn, right before you get to the station there are two more arrows. What are those arrows?

And why are there no arrows for Frightful Falls? Maybe I am wrong about the arrows.

Maybe what did santa bring us? is a giant anagram

I put it into a solver and it couldn't make any solutions with all of the letters but one result that might fit is "bathing suits". I'm not sure how that fits with what is going on at HW but it was the only result that seems to be a remotely possible clue. Here is the full list.

I put it into a solver and it couldn't make any solutions with all of the letters but one result that might fit is "bathing suits". I'm not sure how that fits with what is going on at HW but it was the only result that seems to be a remotely possible clue. Here is the full list.

We're all insane.

We're all insane.

In my mind, people who aren't like us are the insane ones.

Maybe the new tunnel will be themed like a covered bridge to go along with the Legend of Sleepy Hollow story. I had never thought about it before, but are the tunnels on The Legend already supposed to be covered bridges? I think it would be really cool if there was a themed covered bridge tunnel at the end of the ride.

Legend, as it now terrifies me as a backwards coaster. The ride is already hard on your body because of all the lateral Gs so going backwards through those parts would probably make it worse because you wouldn't be able to anticipate those turns quite as well.

That being said, if they were to renovate those turns to make the lateral forces less "destructive" and make the overall ride smoother than I can totally jump on the backwards train idea and I can totally see Holiday World doing it especially since, like another commenter said, Six Flags has seen a great deal of success with the backwards trains.

I can agree with this. Thunderation had backwards cars for several years (and SDC is a better analogue for HW than Six Flags is), and they were quite popular. I don't think I personally would want to ride Legend backwards though. I took my first ride on it in the dark, and the dark there is so dark I couldn't see a thing. I didn't like it at all. It wasn't until I went back the next morning when I could see where I was going that I liked the coaster. With significant changes to the layout, backwards could be fun. But not on the current layout.

Oh didn't know SDC ever ran Thunderation backwards... I agree they are a much better analogue than Six Flags!

Legend backwards? That sounds fun but painful.