TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I'm gonna have to hop onto the "please dear God no" train here. As stated, this thing is already a pain machine. They would literally have to retrack 85%+ of the ride in order for it to be even remotely rideable backwards without death. I almost never ride when I go, so hopefully they'll just be retracking (maybe with topper track), as it's a very nice layout, just too rough.

I have always said that they should redo the Legend and I'm happy that it's getting work. I've always loved Legend's layout but it's so painful and the laterals hurt. A Lot. I feel like if they cut out the 4 turns of death at the end and made a spaghetti bowl or something to make it smoother, it would really help. I would love to see new tunnels and some new help to the turns because I think this is an underrated world class coaster that was affected too much by roughness before it got a chance. Thank you Holiday World for (hopefully) giving the middle child some love

There's already a lot of tunnels on this ride, but you can never have too many tunnels. Just trying to figure out a good place for it. Best place I could see would be enclosing the spiral drop back by Zinga. It would look cool and picking up speed in a tunnel is always fun.

I really think Legend is just getting extensive retracking, possibly topper track. I don't think any changes are happening to the shape/banking of the track. That would require further structural changes that we have no evidence of. I'm telling myself this to keep from hyperventilating.

That's a LOT of wood. I'm not sure how much the retracting would use but that seems like a significant amount. I suppose if all three coasters are retracted that could make sense, but maybe the wood could be used to reproduce the track, and then new iron horse or topper track on top with an inversion in a tunnel

Just want to throw out the possibility that this could be another near miss on Thunderbird. I don't believe it will be but it hasn't been mentioned.

I don't know of any near miss elements on any wooden coasters but maybe a near miss on Legend that is somehow themed to the headless horseman.

I'm looking forward to hearing what they're doing to the Legend. Maybe banking the turns so that it rides better/ doesn't lose as much speed in low-banked sections?

The unbanked-ness of Legend's curves is what makes them so awesome.

A few people have mentioned a tunneled drop, like Goldstriker. That would be cool! Personally, Legend is my favorite in the park; I'm perfectly fine with how it is now. My vote for an "improvement" would be to add some sort of pre-lift section. Wouldn't have to be long, perhaps something like Phoenix or Lakeside Cyclone - but the possibilities are endless. Of course, all 3 Holiday World woodies could welcome some sort of pre-lift sections.

Edited by AirMBTB

I'm looking forward to hearing what they're doing to the Legend. Maybe banking the turns so that it rides better/ doesn't lose as much speed in low-banked sections?

If by awesome, you mean all the parts that I would love to see replaced, then I would wholeheartedly agree.

I am not a fan of flat turns.

Totally agreed. Put some new wood down, but don't neuter those turns!

I also agree, those underbanked turns are what made me fall in love with Legend on my first ever visit last year.

I know this isn't likely but I don't recall this being mentioned. What if they are doing a renovation on the whole Halloween section? I mean think of the possibilities! They could add so much more theming. They could also retract and rebuild parts of the Legend and a little work on the Raven. They could also maybe rebuild Frightful Falls. The age of it is starting to show and I do love it a lot, but what if they rebuild it, maybe add some slight Rapids drops and a longer tunnel, and a taller drop or drops

ps: The Banshee Returns

Ugh!! The anticipation.

I can't think of any park that is as good at creating anticipation for an announcement like Holiday World!

I was just thinking the same thing! Paula REALLY knows what she is doing there. Other companies would die to have her expertise. And the fact that they are doing anything this interesting at all after Thunderbird last year kinda blows me away. That family and their leadership is just phenomenal, inspiring, refreshing.

What makes my anticipation even more so is the fact that they haven't said a specific day yet we would be hearing of what's going on. Which begs me to question why? There is something in this project I feel that will happen that will trigger us knowing exactly what is going on... Therefore they will have to tell us before that happens. Kind of like last year where they HAD to say when they did otherwise we would have seen the track and known.