TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I can't play your video PaTim. But I could for sure see them doing some themeing not only on the woodies but in the older sections of the park. PGAV has done amazing work at Holiday World ever since that relationship started. And every season it seems HW has been using them for more and more. It seems the two companies work well together. It's like they understand each other and know and "get" what they are going for.

I can't play your video PaTim. But I could for sure see them doing some themeing not only on the woodies but in the older sections of the park. PGAV has done amazing work at Holiday World ever since that relationship started. And every season it seems HW has been using them for more and more. It seems the two companies work well together. It's like they understand each other and know and "get" what they are going for.

I hate when that happens. If you go to www.holidayworld.com and then go to the Holiblog there's a post discussing what's new for 2016. In it there's a video where the maintenance crew is discussing what they would like for Christmas. The head of maintenance is texting what they want to Santa Claus, and at 1:44 of the video it shows the screen on his cell phone with texts that say "nuts, bolts, wood" and "roller coaster tunnel" and a response text that says "You got it".

Perhaps there's more to it but since they're announcing it in January it sounds fairly reasonable.

I hate on-board audio 99.9% of the time, but Holiday World needs to Six-Flagsify Raven's trains so that this could loop continuously. It doesn't matter that you'd only be able to hear 2 minutes of it at a time- added incentive for re-riding.

I have no concerns whatsoever about whatever they decide to do to the woodies. HW knows what they are doing when it comes to coasters. It's just in their blood. I don't think HW even has the ability to mess up a coaster, lol. They have my full faith and confidence..... And my intrigue and excitement as well! I would be worried if it were a different park though...Like a Six Flags or something, lol.

Well, a lot of enthusiasts said that they messed up Voyage with the MCBR this year (an opinion that I, as well as a lot of enthusiasts, don’t share. Coasters are all subjective. But yes, it is quite fun to hate on Six Flags parks “lol” because Six Flags parks are run by humans who can make mistakes & HW is run by supercomputers who are incapable of making any mistake.

I'm thinking that the Inversion will be a Larson Loop in Sparklers old spot.

Noooo!! Please no!!!

While I don't think a Larson Loop would be the best option, the newer, taller models have been getting fantastic reviews from Guests at the Six Flags parks where they are installed...even better than a lot of major coasters.

I think it's B.S. the park had to purchase the product before it had ever been fully tested. Take this for example. PTC fully constructed a whole PTCI 360 train and then tested it on two rides (Twister @ Knobels and Hades 360) before releasing the product to be sold. TGG on the other hand, tested a 4 car skelton train on The Raven and then sold a full train to HW to run on probably the most intense wooden coaster on the planet. HW let them test that train on The Voyage for nearly 4 years and TGG was able to take the results and make modifications to the design which allows all the Timberliners in operation today to run safely. I think TGG should have gave HW their money back and taken that train off their hands and modified it for one their next projects. From a business aspect, that's the right thing to do IMO.

Edit: I should say the perhaps TGG did give them their money back and told them to keep the train, but I find that highly unlikely.

As I have learned (after some unfair speculation from myself), most of us have absolutely no idea what kind of contracts or purchases/refunds were made with the Gravity Group. Even after the Timberliner testing was ended, I believe TGG still donated a thing or two to the Holiwood Nights charity auction. We don’t know what did or did not happen. Even the PTC comparison seems a bit unfair, but that’s just my opinion.

Can the test dummies be bought separately? Cuz that could be fun

I actually have a test dummy femur displayed in my house, signed by some of HW’s staff, including Paula and some of the coaster cats. It’s definitely a great conversation piece.

Are they maybe going for a Mexican Medusa-esque inversion drop?

I was thinking the exact same thing. They borrowed the RMC boys from south to help barrel-roll the first drop!

Good luck to the Coaster Cats for whatever they do to it!

Just checked the webcam. Holy cow we do have a major re-track on our hands! Like all the way down to the ledgers GhostRider style! Can't wait to see what all they do!

They've been doing the same type of refurb on The Voyage in certain spots for the last few years.

This is true, and most of those spots have been doing well, but I REALLY hope they focus on the return run this year. That area needs some help.

It's just exciting because I can't remember Legend ever getting that level of refurb before!

The Legend was basically my second favorite coaster of all time when I rode it this past season. I liked it better than the Voyage.

PLEASE just be retracking, and not reprofiling. PLEASE. I would seriously be heartbroken if they do anything to that drop. It's perfect the way it is.