TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

All of the ride ops were doing constant scanning of height requirements, even on kids that were obviously tall enough. One kid was being measured on Thunderbird and was easily 4 inches taller than the height requirement and he told the ride op measuring him, "Really?? I've ridden this 5 times already!" It's good that they're being safe but it was a change from CF parks where they only do it where it's necessary.

That's fairly standard. Everyone is 'screened' (measured) before getting on the ride, every time. In a single shift we'll see hundreds of people, and it's too hard to remember specifically "this kid is tall enough". And if you move to a different position, then theres a large chunk of people you haven't seen, so to be safe, everyone is measured. It takes only a few seconds unless there's a kid who's right on the line.

Man. If only someone would invent a way to distinguish if a child is tall enough to ride that they could be given to be worn after being measured the first time. You know like maybe an armband. You know like what almost every park in the country does.

All of the ride ops were doing constant scanning of height requirements, even on kids that were obviously tall enough. One kid was being measured on Thunderbird and was easily 4 inches taller than the height requirement and he told the ride op measuring him, "Really?? I've ridden this 5 times already!" It's good that they're being safe but it was a change from CF parks where they only do it where it's necessary.

That's fairly standard. Everyone is 'screened' (measured) before getting on the ride, every time. In a single shift we'll see hundreds of people, and it's too hard to remember specifically "this kid is tall enough". And if you move to a different position, then theres a large chunk of people you haven't seen, so to be safe, everyone is measured. It takes only a few seconds unless there's a kid who's right on the line.

Man. If only someone would invent a way to distinguish if a child is tall enough to ride that they could be given to be worn after being measured the first time. You know like maybe an armband. You know like what almost every park in the country does.

Holiday World has one of those. The booth for it is in the entrance plaza, so your kid can get a wristband before the park even opens.

So would you prefer we spend time giving every person a wristband instead of just measuring quickly and moving on?

So would you prefer we spend time giving every person a wristband instead of just measuring quickly and moving on?

Yes. You do it once and then you don't have to do it the rest of the day.

It's amazing how effective it is.

Of course then we're still out there measuring because people haven't ridden anything yet. Or the wristband came off. Or they don't have their arms in a spot we can see them. And it's now a game of trying to see it. Whereas for the most part I can be measuring and many people don't even notice it.

For kids who are right on the line (like unless they try really hard, they don't make the requirement) I love giving wristbands out. But for the most part, they're a pain to deal with.

Yes, they were enforcing the rules, and like I stated many times, I completely understand that. I just think they could have been nicer about it. Like the people that told the family to change could have kindly explained the park rule and give them a solution instead of just, "You need a shirt or you can't come in."

Of course then we're still out there measuring because people haven't ridden anything yet. Or the wristband came off. Or they don't have their arms in a spot we can see them. And it's now a game of trying to see it. Whereas for the most part I can be measuring and many people don't even notice it.

For kids who are right on the line (like unless they try really hard, they don't make the requirement) I love giving wristbands out. But for the most part, they're a pain to deal with.

Hey you can come up with a billion excuses for not doing it but the long and short of it is that the wristbands speed things up. But perhaps parks like SDC are better equipped to handle things like this.

Hey you can come up with a billion excuses for not doing it but the long and short of it is that the wristbands speed things up. But perhaps parks like SDC are better equipped to handle things like this.

I think Holiday World does it better than SDC. Having the wristbands in the entrance plaza means you take care of that before the park opens. SDC's only wristband station is in Grand Expo, which is the oldest of their three children's areas. Guests who go only to Fireman's Landing will miss the measuring station entirely.

-Legend was so so rough. It has a good first drop but the rest of the layout is just decent but it's too rough to enjoy.

The Legend was my least favorite of the four big coasters here. Riding in the front right (or is it left? I don't remember which direction the forever long helix goes) was the most enjoyable, but it was extremely rough for me on most of my 7 rides. But I love how the drop looks from over by The Voyage and the bell and howl are awesome effects. The interaction with the water park is cool too. Just too rough.

I've also always felt that the legend is an extremely rough roller coaster. I do love the layout of the legend, and it was expertly thought out, but I can only enjoy it once per visit because it is so intense. This is why I personally feel that if Holiday World ever did decide to do an RMC Iron Horse conversion, they should do it to The Legend. You could throw in some intense elements on it too, especially with the unique drop and all the turns, and can we just say how they could throw in a secret inversion or something in the tunnel of the helix that you can't see. To me I feel like this would be a good idea, especially since it would bring new life to the Halloween section. Then if they wanted to still have three traditional woodies they could build a new one, behind the water coasters maybe? I don't know, just my thoughts on it!

I sometimes think the reason some people don't care for Legend is because "laterals" have become a lost art. Many of us crazy park goers are part of the "B&M generation" where all the forces are directed straight up or straight down into the seat, so laterals may seem strange or rough. One friend complained "they forgot the bank the turn coming out of the helix!" That lack of banking is what makes it so awesome! My favorite part of the ride!

Legend has had it's share of potholes, which have been relieved over the years... but I think what really gets people is the laterals. The seat divider does make it difficult sometimes, but lean into your riding partner, that helps! Could be a little awkward if you don't know the person too well, but darnit it's a roller coaster! You're supposed to move around and bump/squish into each other. From year to year, Raven and Voyage seem rougher to me (in terms of track condition). Legend had those laterals purposely built into it.

Total respect for other opinions, just my 2 cents

I'd be heartbroken if Legend got an RMC makover. How about a brand new RMC wooden hybrid coaster for Holiday World? Pre-lift section, lift, wild ride... launch, wild ride, etc. etc. etc... think of all the trees, tunnels, trenches and fly-bys!!!

^ I get what you're saying about the laterals and that's probably the case with some people. But I personally really enjoy the laterals. I love the helix partly because of the lack of banking. But when I was there for HWN, The Legend almost felt like it had square wheels at times unless I was in the front row.

^^Well, I didn't grow up in the "B&M Generation!" I grew up in the 80's. an era of rough Arrow loopers and non-banked mine trains!

I was very grateful when B&M came along in the 90's, and revolutionized the coaster-riding experience, personally!

You are correct about the issue with The Legend being the laterals. I don't appreciate them, but I don't think that makes me wrong. It's not my taste, and I don't feel like a coaster has to be rough, to be a real coaster experience. I think we're past that these days. Nothing wrong with people who prefer that type of experience, but I suspect that, GP included, far fewer want roughness on their coaster vs. a smooth, yet exciting ride with some airtime. For me, every Wild Mouse coaster is in my bottom 20 coasters, simply because I can't stand that type of experience, and the little bit of airtime that they may provide in the final part of the ride in no way mitigates the primary experience of violent laterals. Now, spinning Wild Mouse coasters are a horse of a different color!

^^Well, I didn't grow up in the "B&M Generation!" I grew up in the 80's. an era of rough Arrow loopers and non-banked mine trains!

I was very grateful when B&M came along in the 90's, and revolutionized the coaster-riding experience, personally!

You are correct about the issue with The Legend being the laterals. I don't appreciate them, but I don't think that makes me wrong. It's not my taste, and I don't feel like a coaster has to be rough, to be a real coaster experience. I think we're past that these days. Nothing wrong with people who prefer that type of experience, but I suspect that, GP included, far fewer want roughness on their coaster vs. a smooth, yet exciting ride with some airtime. For me, every Wild Mouse coaster is in my bottom 20 coasters, simply because I can't stand that type of experience, and the little bit of airtime that they may provide in the final part of the ride in no way mitigates the primary experience of violent laterals. Now, spinning Wild Mouse coasters are a horse of a different color!

I hate this blurring of language. Laterals do not equal roughness!

Me too, but I think we're getting over saturated with them. They all have a very similar feel to me. Except Thunderbird; they really gave it personality and all the surroundings make the ride three times as more fun.

For me, every Wild Mouse coaster is in my bottom 20 coasters, simply because I can't stand that type of experience

I generally like Wild Mouses (especially the old Hershell and Miler ones!)... but have you been on the one at Lake Winnie? I thought the last curve was going to pull my head off or spine out! It's one of the few times I'd say they need to add trims.

Now, spinning Wild Mouse coasters are a horse of a different color!

Heck yeah! Love em!

The only lateral spots I have a problem with is the *snapping* stuff; B&M corkscrews ("flat spins") have that snap at the top. I never understood the attraction, but people seem to like those. And Maverick, I-305; all that snap action (I'll have to admit, I'm looking forward to Maverick with the new soft harnesses). It seems so extreme, but again, they have their audience as well. Coaster life would be boring if we all had the same opinion.

I really enjoy reading what others have to say here and I've been to several theme parks, but I never posted anything before. I finally decided to post a trip report. Hope this is the right place and hopefully people will find it interesting. If you find it too long, I have pros and cons at the end. Enjoy!

We (my wife and I) left Canada by car for Holiday World with great anticipation very early Sunday morning (July 26, 2015). On our first night we stayed in Selinsgrove, PA and I had planned to go at Knoebels for the evening. We got to our hotel tired and too late to go, so I was kind of disappointed. The next day we headed for Evansville IN, we stayed there for our trip to Holiday World. The weather was really hot and we had trouble finding a day with nice weather, it was 100-110F for 3 days with a mix of thundershowers. We were supposed to leave for Pittsburgh early Thursday morning and spend the evening at Kennywood. That did not happen because we stayed one extra day in Evansville (Thursday) so we could go to Holiday World during some great weather, no chance of rain or thundershowers, upper 80’s and low humidity. Super!

So Wednesday night we prepared our day at Holiday World and decided to bring our swimwear and try some of their highly rated water attractions.

We were up at 7am on Thursday morning, we open the curtains and it’s gorgeous outside as forecasted on several weather outlets. We left early so we would be there first and be able to find a good parking space, and we did. We took some back roads so we would see the Southern Indiana countryside, it was a nice drive and it really emphasized the fact that HW is in the middle of rural Indiana. It’s kind of charming and the new Thunderbird seems to spotlight the farm & rural theming with their new attraction.

When we got there I was surprised at how large the parking lot was, I thought this was a smaller scale regional park with smaller crowds (boy was I wrong), it looked as large as a Cedar Fair or Six Flags parking lot. We parked near the entrance and again I was surprised at how many people were already parked and in-line to enter the park, we were there almost an hour before…

So we waited and finally at 9:30 they opened the gates and we slowly got in as they scanned our tickets, it was sort of slow, where's the staff? We headed toward the Halloween entrance and it was roped off. It was 10:01 and the guy was having a blast making us wait. Looking at his watch, not just yet he said, what a… Some people love the feeling of power over others…

He finally opened this area. From there we went to the Raven, I wanted to do it progressively and end with Thunderbird (wrong move), more on that later.

The Raven; we waited in-line for about 30-40 minutes or so, not bad. I always do the first seat so I can see everything, so we did. It was a great little coaster with a nice punch and some nice airtime, but the thing that struck me the most is that it was short. Nice but short, almost too short. I was a little bit underwhelmed. We both liked it, but my wife seemed to think the end brakes were brutal, there is no mid-course brakes and the ride is short so a good set of brakes at the end is mandatory. We HAD planned on returning to the Raven to try the back seat later on. It didn’t happen. Rating: 6/10

The Legend is next; and was practically next-door, the line was short-ish and the loading and unloading process was better and faster than the Raven. Are the trains longer, maybe? I really liked this coaster, more than the Raven, I loved the swooping first drop and this thing was fast, in most reviews the Raven is better liked and rated higher than the Legend, I for one liked the Legend better. The backseat would’ve been nice and I had planned to return, but it did not happen, again. This one was my surprise coaster meaning that I liked it more than I thought I would. Kind of like Talon @ Dorney and Bizarro @ SFGA and possibly the Bat @ KI. Rating 7.5/10

Next, the Voyage! In a way, this was the reason I was here, but of course I was very excited about the Thunderbird too, possibly equally to the Voyage.

So the wait for the Voyage seemed about the same as the other 2, maybe 5 minutes more (45 minutes) from entrance of the queue to us loading into the first seat, acceptable for a world class & top rated coaster. Looking at that wooden monster I was so excited. I had heard about this ‘’Voyage’’ several years ago. I was not expecting to come here because it’s quite far, over 1500 miles from my home! The climb was fast and fun, faster than I expected it, but no El Toro. I kept looking behind me, look at that view. Hands up, wow it looks steep, what a drop it took my breath away and I loved it. My hands were up all the way until the end of the ride. What a ride it was, I loved it and it did not feel rough or painful in any way (to me), just pure bliss, I think this is now my favorite coaster of all time. The airtime was incredible, so much fun, I did not want it to end. I liked the length of the ride, just perfect. I liked it better than El Toro and the Beast. My top 2 coasters are now the Voyage and Banshee. This one knocked Boulder Dash off the podium, sorry Lake Compounce. IMHO, the Voyage is superior to all those 3 famous wooden coasters (El Toro, Boulder Dash and the Beast), because of the length of the ride, the airtime, the forestal setting and the numerous tunnels. Yes, my trip to Indiana was worth it because of the Voyage and I had several more rides on it, more about it later. Rating 10/10

Then we went to the Thunderbird, that bird busted my bubble (to put it mildly), for most of the rest of the day… The walk to that bird is quite the hike and I believe the park designers did it on purpose. So when we got there I took a few pictures in awe & wonder! My wife continued walking toward the entrance and noticed something I hadn’t noticed yet, the train was failing to launch properly and could not make it through the first loop. I said no big deal, these things are common on launched coasters. The riders on the Thunderbird train stayed there motionless on the launch track for 15 minutes or so in the hot sun. I was like what’s going on, people on the ground with us were wondering what was happening. Others said they tried to send it 3 times and it failed to loop. After that long 15 minutes, they slowly returned the train back into the “barn” and people got off. They tested it a couple of times empty and again it did not loop, but after a while it did. We went in-line and waited 45 minutes or so and employees told us they were testing it and it would be all-good to go soon. It wasn’t, after a while some supervisor came and gave some of us first in-line VIP passes. The staff was really nice about the situation, I told them I can’t go home without riding Thunderbird I drove 2 days to come here, this is possibly my only chance to ride Thunderbird, I’m not even from the US. They said sorry, but at this point we don’t know if or when it would re-open, I had a feeling of ''oh cr*p'', but smiled and said thank you. I’ve been looking at the progress and following the construction of this thing online since last year when it was announced (July 2014). All of us in the station left and they closed the ride. It was now 1 or 2 pm. It wasn’t windy at all, so I’m not sure why all the faulty launches. Power problems? Interestingly, a couple of weeks ago while watching the Thunderbird on the Holiday World webcam, I saw a few failed launches. I was like, wow what are the chances to see a failed launch right on the webcam… more likely than not I NOW guess. Staff told us that they understood our frustration, but noted that sometimes Thunderbird has smooth days with no issues and sometimes it’s troublesome…

We decided to ride the newly placed Crow’s Nest (Rating 5.5/10) it gives out a nice view of Thunderbird and Voyage (a bit). Afterward, we went for a walk in the 4th of July area and got some snacks and relaxed a little in that area of the park. We then decided to return to see what Thunderbird was up to. We walked back over there and as we walked no sign of the bird, we got there and sure enough; closed again. I was not impressed. We then decided to head to the water park.

I wanted to try Mammoth, the longest water ride in the world. So we changed and headed over there, well we waited close to 2 hours! 30 minutes of it was because the ride stopped because 3 of the giant tube-raft boats were too close to each other and they had to lower everyone one by one from the slide to prevent a crash or the bumping of boats, lifeguards were running around like ants. Good job on their part though. People in line looked annoyed and we were. Finally we got there and the ride was actually worth it, but 2 hours is a bit much. I don’t regret it though. Rating 8/10

After that we wanted to do Wildebeest, it was an 1 hour and 30 minutes wait, mind you this is on a weekday. Imagine on a Saturday! I’ve never seen a park this busy on a weekday, not even SFGA. We decided not to go. We then went on Jungle Racer (Rating 5/10); it’s a straight and fast waterslide that you ride on a mat. It was ok with a 20-minute wait, we then did Zoombabwe (Rating 7/10); the longest enclosed water slide in the world, it was fun, but I wished the water was cooler. Water was cold and refreshing on Mammoth. While climbing the tower to this waterslide (Zoombabwe) we checked through the trees and they started to test Thunderbird again, I was happy but unsure at the same time.

We left the waterpark area, changed from swimwear to our other clothes and headed toward Thunderbird. We get there, get in front of the line with our VIP passes and they started having trouble with the ride AGAIN, now it was not the launch, but there was some trouble with the sensors. Now I was livid and very grouchy it was now almost 6pm and the park was closing at 9pm. We took our pass back from the attendant and went for dinner to Plymouth Rock Café while thinking of our options. The food was great for a theme park, it was your usual thanksgiving feast, and we liked it. Nice change from greasy fast food usually found at theme parks. The staff at this food location was kind of disorganized and it was not that busy for dinnertime, yes busy but not overly so. At this point I was like this is it, I don’t think we will be able to ride Thunderbird. After our meal, we went back to Thunderbird, as we walked we saw actual people on the ride! Is it possible? I was like let’s f-ing run and get on that thing! We got inline and it was still going strong and sending out people on their flight (EXCELLENT), our VIP pass brought us in front of the line, but we still had to wait maybe 10 minutes. The current wait here without the pass was close to 1:30 to 2 hours! Finally, it’s our turn and we head for the BEST SEAT; front seat, left side since this is what Lauren Koch said online on the HW blog-videos. Here we go, what a fun ride, the launch aspect takes your breath away from the get go. It’s fun, but not too extreme. I like the wing coaster feeling, so smooth and has a flying feeling. I can’t wait to try Gatekeeper someday. The strongest force for me was the 3rd or last loop; with only one ride I have trouble remembering. It was a little short, which I was expecting. The heartline roll at the end is very slow and you really hang there, it was cool. I wish that I would’ve been able to re-ride it and experience Thunderbird at night. Alas, it was now 7:30 and the wait was 2 hours and who knows if this thing would stop working again. Everyone in the park was now here since it didn’t run all day! (Rating 8.5/10)

So I was like, I’m heading back to the Voyage for the back seat. By this time, rides for the Voyage were less than 20 minutes! Score! Again I say, the Voyage actually worked during the day while TB was not, so people were now all at Thunderbird and not at the Voyage. We did the back seat and we loved it. So much more intense, but a little rougher too. My wife liked the front seats better as it was less brutal. In my book, I don’t really consider the Voyage brutal or rough, but I understand the opinion of others. At this point, my wife was done and wanted to browse the shops for souvenir, I went with her and said here's my credit card get me this and that and I ran back to the Voyage, only 10 minutes wait times, it was almost walk-on; the time was more or less 8:30pm. It was now dark, I did the front, middle and back seat in that 30 minutes period. It was very satisfying. On the last ride of the night the attendant was quite a character, as we got off our seats he said to all of us, get off my loading dock or find a seat right now, what are you waiting for and started laughing! Of course we cheered and everyone got back on the train. The staff at the Voyage had the best energy that I’ve seen at the park, more so than any other coaster or waterslide at the park. The Voyage in the dark in incredible, with so many tunnels and quick turns it’s more memorable than the Beast! On my last ride I saw the LED lights of the Thunderbird train go by next to us, I guess it was still running… surprisingly.

As I walked off the Voyage I was happy and the Voyage saved the day. That infamous bird did not. It’s the first time I had some sort of anxiety while at an amusement park, all because of Thunderbird, all of this left a bad taste in my mouth to tell you honestly. I blame B&M and not Holiday World!

Nonetheless, I don’t think that I would’ve like Thunderbird better than the Voyage if I had ridden it more than once. I hope that Thunderbird doesn’t begin a legacy of troublesome reliability and downtime… but unfortunately, I won’t have the best memory of it.

Theming for the Thunderbird is excellent; the craftsmanship, the decor, the landscape, the thunder and lighting effects when the train departs, all very good. But if the ride is unreliable, what is this all worth? It’s a new ride, bugs will come and go, by next season things should go smoother I hope, so I will give them a break I guess.

For a family owned and oriented park, I thought they were rude regarding the closing time of the park, there were signs inside the attractions saying that the line would close before closing time and that all rides stops at closing time. (9:00 o’clock sharp on this day). I’m not sure if that means that being in-line doesn’t guarantee you that you will ride the said ride or if you are not on the train at 9 o’clock sharp, sorry no ride for you buddy. No such things at Kings Island last year, where I was on the Beast at 20 minutes past 10pm…

I wanted to add a few comments regarding staff and cleanliness; as much as reviews and people praise these aspects, I did not find them better than elsewhere I’ve been to. Kings Island was as clean and as friendly as this place. Some staff, in particular the food outlets staff was not that friendly. The park was clean, but not more so than KI or even Dorney Park. I also saw some places that could use some TLC, paint and attention to details. I was underwhelmed with these aspects praised by so many others. I will give them (the staff) some praise for giving my wife and I some VIP passes or else I’m not sure if we would’ve been able to ride Thunderbird at all.

Holiday World;

PROS:

The Voyage

Excellent wooden coasters overall

Free drinks, sunscreen and parking

Unique steel coaster (Thunderbird)

Nice waterpark, if overly crowded

Wholesome, good food compared to other parks

CONS:

Unreliable Thunderbird

Very long waits for a weekday (Can’t imagine weekends!)

Staff was not overly friendly

Park is not cleaner than other parks I’ve been to

Expensive souvenirs; more so than Cedar Fair or Six Flags, no really.

IMG_2365.thumb.JPG.a80f7f91d3becbc81f41f86c722e2d82.JPG

IMG_2407.thumb.JPG.a415c773a43614295e8e189ee73b75c2.JPG

Edited by theMaritimer

I hate this blurring of language. Laterals do not equal roughness!

Most people would describe rapid shifting of one's body from side to side, causing them to slam into hard objects, or another person, to be "rough". And the other 1 person is a coaster enthusiast who happens to like rough rides!

Seriously, though... There's nothing wrong with liking laterals, and yes, the definition of "rough" can vary from person to person. However, let's not act like I'm somehow misusing language (of which I am a scholar) when I state something that most non-enthusiasts would readily accept as fact. Rapid forces side to side are quite jarring on the body. However, nobody is less-than or better-than for liking or disliking them...

For me, every Wild Mouse coaster is in my bottom 20 coasters, simply because I can't stand that type of experience

I generally like Wild Mouses (especially the old Hershell and Miler ones!)... but have you been on the one at Lake Winnie? I thought the last curve was going to pull my head off or spine out! It's one of the few times I'd say they need to add trims.

Now, spinning Wild Mouse coasters are a horse of a different color!

Heck yeah! Love em!

The only lateral spots I have a problem with is the *snapping* stuff; B&M corkscrews ("flat spins") have that snap at the top. I never understood the attraction, but people seem to like those. And Maverick, I-305; all that snap action. It seems so extreme, but again, they have their audience as well. I'll have to admit, I'm looking forward to Maverick with the new soft harnesses.

I have not been to Lake Winnie...

Maverick has always been one of my favorites, but that snap it had coming out of the canyon over the water was brutal! With the new restraints, it's SO much better! You're going to love that change!

Regarding the staff; that's exactly what I was thinking, many new guests coming and possibly lots of season pass holders this year. Some staff looked exhausted indeed and it was VERY hot for 4 days straight 100-110F, I would be grumpy too. I think HW might break some records with attendance this year and the staff might just be overwhelmed. I've been to very busy parks, but the crowd I saw here was impressive for a park of this size. The wait times looked like something out of Cedar Point (MF or TTD). Glad I did my ride on Raven and Legend in the morning at opening, later in the day it was a 1:30 to 2 hour wait on a weekday. The massive crowd was one of the thing that surprised me the most here. It's important to note that some of the staff was not the best, not ALL, those associates were not the norm, but should not be part of HW and does not fit well with the long history of friendliness usually found here.

Edited by theMaritimer

^^ so that's at least two first timers who have said the employees weren't as friendly as expected. I wonder if the sudden increase in crowd sizes is starting to overwhelm them?

Perhaps, but I would like to point out that the park has gotten hundreds of reviews on social media (especially in the last month) about how friendly the staff has been. I'm not going to guess how many employees the park staffs in one day, but everyone has different encounters and different experiences with many of their employees. While one person might not come away impressed, others might leave the park blown away with the service they've received in the same day.

Yes, the park is very strict in enforcing their rules and with the clientele they draw, they have to be strict. You let one person slip on one rule, then someone else thinks they can break it or you let someone slip on a rule and someone who had the rule enforced on them see's it, then you have a upset customer.

As for Thunderbird's reliability, the ride has definitely been up way more than it's been down. Not to say the park doesn't have trouble getting the ride up and running. The Voyage has been down more this season from what I've been able to tell. I'm not 100% sure on this (mostly because a lot of the camera angles have been removed off the webcam), but I'm pretty sure the generators were removed off site sometime in the last month or so and they've went back to the flywheel set up (edit: and I was wrong), which seems to still need some work as this is the second time I've read/seen something like this. Somebody posted a roll back video on Instagram a couple of weeks ago with riders aboard the train.

We get there, get in front of the line with our VIP passes and they started having trouble with the ride AGAIN, now it was not the launch, but there was some trouble with the sensors.

Now as for this.... the park actually blogged about this: http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2015/08/05/happy-underwear-day/

Not sure if it was the day you were there, but some things they can't help.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

If they RMC anything at Holiday World, I certainly hope that it would be Voyage.

Legend, while a bit rough could be decent with some less expensive TLC.

Raven is fine as is, but Voyage with an RMC could/would be epic.

^While I haven't ridden Thunderbird, I could see how smaller trains would be better. I was watching TPR's 2012 IAAPA coverage the other day and heard the guy from S&S explain how the smaller trains on the 4D coasters allow it to be more intense and easier on the track (AKA smoother); I could see how that applies to the B&M wing coasters as well.

You're sacrificing capacity a little bit, but I'd love to see more 5 or 6 car wing coaster trains from B&M rather than the ridiculously huge 8 car trains.