TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Legend – We all came to the agreement that this seemed to be the woodie of choice this year. Honestly, We didn’t remember it being any better or worse than it was last year. So, good solid ride. Still a bit bumpy, but good G forces and fun airtime hills. Personally, I’m not a fan of the helix in the tunnel. Too many flat turns in the same direction

Woot woot! All those fast, flat(ish) turns is what makes some of us love it so much!

Raven - This ride has consistently been our favorite since we have been going to Holiday World. Which was so saddening to all of us as it seems to have deteriorated the most in the off-season. Still not a bad ride in the least, just noticeably rougher, not like it was running on square wheels, but more like gear shaped wheels, just consistently bumpy through the whole course. I always forget just how short it is. It seems to have so much potential energy when it hits the brake run. I know it’ll never happen, but I would love to see some sort of heavily banked helix o’ death with a bunny hop into the brake run added to it. It’s a stupid dream, but it’s my dream Dewy! My dream! And I own it! So there!

You ain't the only one! I always thought there could be a little more before Raven hits the brakes, there sure is enough energy! I also envisioned a helix, partly built into the hillside

I'd also vote for a pre-lift section (on ANY of the 3 woodies for that matter!) We can dream, sure... but we can't forget this is the park that added trains and transfer tracks to their first 2 woodies in order to get higher capacity. No one does that. You never know with Holiday World!

Great trip report, glad you guys had a fun!

I believe the back(?) side of 4th of July (picnic area) has great terrain for a similar coaster

I think your right, but man I would hate for them to loose that picnic grove. It really is quite awesome having that in the middle of the park...errrr what was at one time the middle of the park.

I believe the back(?) side of 4th of July (picnic area) has great terrain for a similar coaster

I think your right, but man I would hate for them to loose that picnic grove. It really is quite awesome having that in the middle of the park...errrr what was at one time the middle of the park.

It would be interesting if the following happened: So Pilgrims plunge station is used again to build a new Rapids ride that is way more intense and themed for a safari maybe, with like a ton of zoo animals and a canyon and intense drops. That would help fill that spot very well. Then, if they did decide to take out raging Rapids, that would open that space up, and you could build a fairly large woodie, rmc, or steel coaster that goes where raging Rapids is and where the picnic grove is. However this is all speculation, and if none of it happens then that's okay! Holiday World is to me the best park in the world, and I can't wait for it to get even better

I would like to see HW next major Coaster addition to be done in the 4th of July section. I always thought a Coaster over there would have an awesome theme. I think more flats and other smaller attractions need to go into Thanksgiving rather than another Coaster (at this point in time at least).

I would like to see HW next major Coaster addition to be done in the 4th of July section. I always thought a Coaster over there would have an awesome theme. I think more flats and other smaller attractions need to go into Thanksgiving rather than another Coaster (at this point in time at least).

I think that'd be the perfect place for a custom family coaster along the lines of Firechaser Express.

I think that'd be the perfect place for a custom family coaster along the lines of Firechaser Express.

I like the idea of a new family coaster. As much as the enthusiast in me wants a new extreme coaster, I think that a family coaster is a wonderful choice. The good thing about Firechaser express is that it's not a kiddie coaster so adults could ride it but it isn't intense enough that kids would be scared. I don't know if Holiday World would do another launch with it though. An interesting thought is that the thunderbird area is kinda empty right now, and if you put a family coaster back there it brings even the little kids who may be scared to get on thunderbird to that side of the park. The issue I could see with putting a family coaster in the Fourth of July area would be that it is so close to Holidogs Funtown that a lot of children would be content with staying In the Fourth of July area. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, so I don't know. But I think that if holiday world added a family coaster it would fit in wonderfully with their park, and then they could add an rmc and a B&M giga!!! okay maybe not, but you never know...

^ Not at a 48 inch height requirement.

Something that carries a 42 inch height requirement and is more thrilling than The Howler is something the park needs.

Completely agree.

A mine train, or even something a bit more aggressive like a Powder Keg type ride would be awesome for the park.

^ That actually would be really cool. Kids that are not ready for Thunderbird could still experience a less intense launch. I really am surprised more parks didn't install similar coasters to Powder Keg after it opened.

Just thinking out loud here. I could maybe see them adding another wooden coaster the size of The Wooden Warrior or Roar O Saurus from The Gravity Group. They could save a bit of money in the process as I believe I heard they still have their Timberliner train from The Voyage on sight at the park? Just a thought.