TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I really like those Raven and Legend signs. I love it when parks acknowledge their history like that.

The park should have all kinds of cool things up about their history next year. It will be HW's 70th anniversary.

Edit: Speaking of the parks history, they shared this photo on Twitter for throwback Thursday:

CKEnahzUEAAb3Vj.jpg:large

It's so weird to see Frightful not fully engulfed by The Legend. It's also really weird to see the park look so bare.

Ok guys so I'm going to HW this Sunday. I'll be at the park from 11 to closing. What I want to know is what should I expect on a Sunday. Also, it's going to be extremely hot, so hopefully most people will migrate to the water park midday when the sun is blazing down. I know people have spoken about how crowds have been extremely unpredictable this year, but if anyone has noticed any patterns in the crowds this year it would be helpful to know. Thanks.

Well this year as it seems weekends have been close to unbearable, I don't remember who, but someone wrote a trip report these past few weeks on this thread about a going a weekend to Holiday World, it sounded like a miserable experience. I hope you have more luck!

Well this year as it seems weekends have been close to unbearable, I don't remember who, but someone wrote a trip report these past few weeks on this thread about a going a weekend to Holiday World, it sounded like a miserable experience. I hope you have more luck!

It was me. Sunday wasn't as bad as Saturday, but it was still busier than I'd ever seen the park, with the exception of Saturday.

You never know, but I'd save my time and money, personally. If you go hopefully you get lucky.

I went to the park today(Friday) for the first time. It was awesome and only 97 degrees when I left mid afternoon. The rope drop race to Thunderbird was so long of a distance that A nice steady walk got me on the second train. All the runners got the first but I lead the fast walkers. I got right back in line and waited about 15 minutes for the second ride but the line was getting really long for a third ride. The lines for the other coasters didn't start thinning out until about 1215 to 1230. Longest wait was only 20 minutes and that was due to front seat waiting on Voyage.

Park is really nice. Preaching to the choir here but a place I will come back to hopefully on a regular basis. Free parking free drinks and our TPR discount was great. This is the first show your card discount that was really easy. Other show your card places usually give me a funny look and get a supervisor.

I have been to about 60 parks in the U.S. and this one ranks in the top tier.

It was me. Sunday wasn't as bad as Saturday, but it was still busier than I'd ever seen the park, with the exception of Saturday.

You never know, but I'd save my time and money, personally. If you go hopefully you get lucky.

I can't change plans now, hopefully I get lucky and the heat will be bad so lots of people will flock to the water park.

I'm going to HW on Monday and while the post here saying to go to the back and ride Legend/Tbird first then hit the water park made sense, I think I'm gonna just try to do the coasters in order of them being built and then hit the water park. I'm worried about tackling The Voyage first as I'm not sure how my back is gonna react, so I'd like to warmup with the other, more brief woodies first. I'm also a little paranoid that weather in the evening is gonna make me wait forever to ride The Raven and The Legend so I just wanna make sure to get all coasters first since that's my primary goal.

^ I'll be hitting up the park Monday with my friends, so I may run into you. You need to be at the water park at opening and head straight for Wildebeest and Mammoth before their lines get long.

Also, crowds aren't too bad on Mondays. The lines in the evening for the coasters are 30 minutes or less up until the last two hours till closing.

^ I'll be hitting up the park Monday with my friends, so I may run into you. You need to be at the water park at opening and head straight for Wildebeest and Mammoth before their lines get long.

I probably won't get into the waterpark right at opening since I will have to ride then change into swimsuits. I'm ok with waiting a little while for the big slides once I've gotten the coasters out of the way. The park has good hours so if I waste a little time in the midday standing in line, I'm ok if I've ridden all the coasters.

I just can't contain my excitement at checking out my first CCI and getting The Voyage. It won't hurt to get my first wing coaster credit either.

I'm worried about tackling The Voyage first as I'm not sure how my back is gonna react, so I'd like to warmup with the other, more brief woodies first.

I rode all three for the first time today and I thought Voyage was the smoothest of the three. The Legend was the roughest by far. The Raven is the shortest and probably as smooth as The Voyage. While talking with people today, they said Firebird can get up to two hours long midday so I would listen to others about the rope drop race to the back.

Edit: I rode Firebird twice and the three woodies by noon today and that is waiting for front seats.

I'm worried about tackling The Voyage first as I'm not sure how my back is gonna react, so I'd like to warmup with the other, more brief woodies first.

I rode all three for the first time today and I thought Voyage was the smoothest of the three. The Legend was the roughest by far. The Raven is the shortest and probably as smooth as The Voyage. While talking with people today, they said Firebird can get up to two hours long midday so I would listen to others about the rope drop race to the back.

Edit: I rode Firebird twice and the three woodies by noon today and that is waiting for front seats.

Firebird? Thunderbird? They're both sports cars, easily confused, I guess?

So excited to go to HW for the first time this Friday! Assuming my GF and I get to the park at opening, would it be feasible to ride all the roller coasters, ride a few more rides, eat lunch dinner, and go to the waterpark in the same day? Also, which shows are worth seeing? Thought I remember hearing about high dive or something but didn't see on website this morning. Easy to get from HW to SS?

Current plan:

Breakfast at hotel

HW at opening for roller coasters

SS mid afternoon

HW when SS closes for a few more rides and fireworks

So excited to go to HW for the first time this Friday! Assuming my GF and I get to the park at opening, would it be feasible to ride all the roller coasters, ride a few more rides, eat lunch dinner, and go to the waterpark in the same day? Also, which shows are worth seeing? Thought I remember hearing about high dive or something but didn't see on website this morning. Easy to get from HW to SS?

Current plan:

Breakfast at hotel

HW at opening for roller coasters

SS mid afternoon

HW when SS closes for a few more rides and fireworks

Oh yes. There are only four big coasters, so it's easily doable in one day with the waterpark. Dive is very much worth seeing. I watched it twice when I was there for Holiwood nights. It's that good. Splashin' Safari has two entrances, one by Voyage and the other by Legend. Only the main entrance (near Legend) has fluffy bunnies, though, so if you're needing those, enter there. They open just the fluffy bunny area of the waterpark at opening time for the theme park, so it's easy to go put your stuff away, go ride a few rides, then come back and change into your swim gear. I'd recommend doing Raven and Legend in your first hour, as most of the crowd seems to rush to Thanksgiving at opening. Then go to the waterpark right when it opens and ride Mammoth, Wildebeest, and Zoombabwe. Those are the best three slides. Hit up anything else you like in the waterpark, then into the afternoon come back to the ride side for Voyage and Thunderbird, as the lines will be much shorter in the afternoon.