TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ It looks like the Strike-U-Up game from Skyline Attractions.

Edit: And I think I'm right. From Skyline Attractions Facebook page:

A few weeks ago, we installed Strike-U-Up at a new location. Although we can't yet say where it went, we thought it would be fun to see who can spot it first and grab a photo. (Hint: This image was not taken at the new location.)

10553404_1666792636882353_1772971788222165561_n.jpg?oh=7356c6f4e991defed1be0ae50137e83d&oe=55DE8468

This makes sense. I bet this was supposed to be a surprise to be discovered by the park. They waited to release the park map until they HAD too, plus it isn't listed on the map, just pictured. Added with the fact they are making it a game in trying to get the first pic from a fan, and Holiday World promising more surprises and a game opportunity to win front of the line passes for Thunderbird. I watched the IAAPA video demo on YouTube and this looks like a TON of fun. However the spin u win game/ride gets the "spin u win looks too intense for me" roller coaster tycoon treatment from me lol

The new Park Map was uploaded onto the Holiday World website.

http://www.holidayworld.com/park-tickets/park-map/

I really don't like those maps where all the proportions are so messed up. It's kind of misleading.

The map looks fine to me. The proportions aren't really messed up at all. Not sure where you're getting that from.

^ It looks like the Strike-U-Up game from Skyline Attractions.

Edit: And I think I'm right. From Skyline Attractions Facebook page:

A few weeks ago, we installed Strike-U-Up at a new location. Although we can't yet say where it went, we thought it would be fun to see who can spot it first and grab a photo. (Hint: This image was not taken at the new location.)

10553404_1666792636882353_1772971788222165561_n.jpg?oh=7356c6f4e991defed1be0ae50137e83d&oe=55DE8468

This makes sense. I bet this was supposed to be a surprise to be discovered by the park. They waited to release the park map until they HAD too, plus it isn't listed on the map, just pictured. Added with the fact they are making it a game in trying to get the first pic from a fan, and Holiday World promising more surprises and a game opportunity to win front of the line passes for Thunderbird. I watched the IAAPA video demo on YouTube and this looks like a TON of fun. However the spin u win game/ride gets the "spin u win looks too intense for me" roller coaster tycoon treatment from me lol

I think it is one of the games listed on the map, we just don't know which one. I'm guessing it's the "Stars & Stripes Showdown".

And we have so many "Easter Eggs" that we haven't talked about. Can't wait to see you discover them when you visit

Well, Paula did post this a few pages back.

I wonder if this is going permanent (if it is indeed a Strike-U-Up) or if it's just for this season only. Of course I believe this game is mobile, so it might be permanent in the park, but the location of it may not be. Just a thought since they did say they were going to replace Sparkler in 2016. Anyways, this was great little surprise, can't wait to see what else they haven't told us about.

Thanks for the updates guys the count down for me is getting closer 20th May my 1st ever visit. Coasters aside what are the other must dos? Im not a water park guy but may ditch shoes and shirt to do the Mammoth and wilderbeast.

Stu K

Thanks for the updates guys the count down for me is getting closer 20th May my 1st ever visit. Coasters aside what are the other must dos? Im not a water park guy but may ditch shoes and shirt to do the Mammoth and wilderbeast.

Stu K

Mammoth and Wildebeest are MUST DOs even if you don't like water parks. If your ad version to water parks is how unclean and yucky most of them are, you will be overjoyed with Spashin Safari. It's EXTREMELY clean! Liberty launch is one of my favorite flat rides they have there as well. Gobbler getaway is a nice gentle ride that's good to relax and take a break in.... And let off so,e frustrations on some Turkeys, lol. For food you'll want to stop by Mrs Clauses kitchen for so,e epic fudge, Plymouth Rock Cafe has the best food as far as getting a nice reasonably priced good home cooked meal. The food at PRC is exceptional and by far my favorite. If you want pizza I think it's best at Safari Pizza in Spashin Safari. For snacks I love getting the "undderly blue" ice cream in the 4th of July sections. Of course this year you will want to try Thunderbird ice cream and the new eatery in Thunderbird plaza - The Smokehouse. Be sure to take advantage of all the free drinks you could possibly want, and if you forget sunscreen, no big deal, both parks have you covered there for free as well As far as their shows, well they have all improved dramatically in the past decade, but it depends on what you like. The Dive show is usually a favorite for everyone. It's very entertaining, and if you sit up close you WILL get drenched! The Gospel show, 80s rewind, Legacy (moves around the park), and the magic show are all winners for me. I don't ever visit the country show since I'm not a big country music fan but if you like country I've heard it's good as well.

Really, there is something for everyone there and TONS of options for food and rides and shows. I suggest just grabbing a park map at the entrance and go exploring. It's one of those parks were exploring is actually very very fun and not aggravating like it is in most parks. But I will say splashi Safari really shouldn't be missed...I've heard from many who don't generally like water parks think completely different about Splashin Safari. It's an extremely pleasant experience compared to other water parks... So yea I would strongly suggest at least giving it a try, lol

Hope you have fun! I want to hear about your day once you return!

Please post some pics of Thunderbird and Thunderbird Plaza when you all get back from the park. I likely won't make it this year since we moved out of the area to Montana.

I plan on taking a TON of pics! I will

Also, apparently I'm gathering from Holiday Worlds latest Facebook post that Thunderbird ice cream is a hit. A local news reporter here bought the last three cartons at the east side Schnucks store lol.

Any one else notice the neat little finishing touches they have been doing to the queue/launch building? They have treated all the bare new wood to look like old rustic wood. Looks AMAZING! Looks as if they plan on adding a covered canopy to the outdoor part of the queue as well! Looks like LOTS of final touches being done now!

I can't believe tomorrow is the day! Finally! Yet, it happened so fast. Someone pinch me! Launch time!!!!!

I know o can't believe it's already here either! I hope I am able to get some rest tonight!

It's like Christmas Eve, isn't it?

Hi, I'm finally posting again! First of all, I love Holiday World to death, and to me it's the best park there is around, especially since I'm from Princeton Kentucky.

Okay so now I figured since we all love Holiday World and most of us have been there, we know the general rides that we ride and the ones that we may skip. I would like to hear people's ideas on what rides and slides you feel could be replaced and upgraded and how. I will voice mine:

The big standout to me is The Wave. When I go to HW and SS I always notice that generally this whole side of the water park is less busy. Now this does have some advantages, but it could also be a drawback in the space of the park. I feel like we will see a replacement to this ride, as it's attendance isn't close to Bahari, and since the old Congo River was taken out. I could see a new slide complex similar to Hyena Falls going here. I'm not so sure about Watubee and Otorongo, because I never ride them, but to me they look to be aging. Now Frightful Falls. I love Frightful Falls to death, and I probably ride it three times at least when I go, especially if I am not hitting up the water park that day, but I would love to see it upgraded. I would love to see one with more dips and higher hills and maybe a longer tunnel. Now this could go where FF is or it may be put where Pilgrim's Plunge/ Giraffica was. But you could also put a new raft ride where PP was, even though I love The Raging Rapids. if they did that that could open up some area for a new Fourth of July Coaster Other than that, I don't see much else to be improved since it's all basically great!!!!

Ps- On a side note here, a new giant liberty launch (world's tallest launch) would totally be accepted! With like seven launches! sorry my enthusiast speaking there

TPR just tweeted this photo outside of Holiday World. It looks so big! Really looking forward to reading everyone's reports tomorrow and finally to see this in person on Saturday.

CDO7FXlWMAAXmOv.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I love how Hyena Falls has friends now! Before it just was way out there by itself but I feel like now it fits into the layout of the park more cohesively than before. Very good placement on all three rides HW!

So USA today just posted an article about Thunderbird with a ton of pictures of the ride. Assuming these were taken on the employee night last week.

That article is really....weird. It kind of abruptly ends. I was looking for a continue button somewhere. Not a very well written article.

Hi, I'm finally posting again! First of all, I love Holiday World to death, and to me it's the best park there is around, especially since I'm from Princeton Kentucky.

Okay so now I figured since we all love Holiday World and most of us have been there, we know the general rides that we ride and the ones that we may skip. I would like to hear people's ideas on what rides and slides you feel could be replaced and upgraded and how. I will voice mine:

The big standout to me is The Wave. When I go to HW and SS I always notice that generally this whole side of the water park is less busy. Now this does have some advantages, but it could also be a drawback in the space of the park. I feel like we will see a replacement to this ride, as it's attendance isn't close to Bahari, and since the old Congo River was taken out. I could see a new slide complex similar to Hyena Falls going here. I'm not so sure about Watubee and Otorongo, because I never ride them, but to me they look to be aging. Now Frightful Falls. I love Frightful Falls to death, and I probably ride it three times at least when I go, especially if I am not hitting up the water park that day, but I would love to see it upgraded. I would love to see one with more dips and higher hills and maybe a longer tunnel. Now this could go where FF is or it may be put where Pilgrim's Plunge/ Giraffica was. But you could also put a new raft ride where PP was, even though I love The Raging Rapids. if they did that that could open up some area for a new Fourth of July Coaster Other than that, I don't see much else to be improved since it's all basically great!!!!

Ps- On a side note here, a new giant liberty launch (world's tallest launch) would totally be accepted! With like seven launches! sorry my enthusiast speaking there

I'm fine with seeing the wave go, but I like it because every time I go to the park if I need to rest or take a break I always go to the wave because of the lack of people.