TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ Our ice cream connection (yes, I have one) tells me if your local store carries Prairie Farm dairy products, but doesn't have Thunderbird Ice Cream, ask for it. The store will be able to get it for you.

Lol you have an "ice cream connection"? Lol that is incredibly awesome! How does one acquire a "ice cream connection"? Lol

With Thunderbird opening this week (what?!), I decided to go back in the forum to a year ago and see what was all that talk then. Turns out it was right around the time of the announcement of the removal of PP/G and the shock/disappointment/indifference that ensued. Oh how things have changed in just a year.

Also, it should be noted that over 500 pages of posts have been added to this forum since then.

With Thunderbird opening this week (what?!), I decided to go back in the forum to a year ago and see what was all that talk then. Turns out it was right around the time of the announcement of the removal of PP/G and the shock/disappointment/indifference that ensued. Oh how things have changed in just a year.

Also, it should be noted that over 500 pages of posts have been added to this forum since then.

I went back in the past month or so and read all the comments leading up to the announcement night. It was actually great fun! Your right it really is crazy how much changes in a year! Heck most people didn't think Holiday World would be getting anything anywhere near a B&M wing coaster!

Nice!

My friend in Cincy is down to come out here, so finally I can knock this park off the to do list, (with KI) and the year with the B&M launched wing coaster seems like a good time to come looks great

I will be there alone, so I need to meet some TPR members!

I'll be there with a couple family members however I'm all for meeting TPR members! I don't know how many coaster rides my strokey self will be able to handle and I know I will at least need a break in between them!

Never having been here before, if anyone can suggest a generally good time to go I am open to suggestions. Sadly due to scheduling it pretty much has to be in July or later...so I may be unable to avoid crowds, but yeah any tips about the park are welcomed!

It may be very difficult to plan with my Cincy friend who'll need time off or the days to kill so we can get out here and all...I've met TPR members before so if anyone wants to meet up, I am game!

I promise I don't bite, though I burn easily in any amount of sun.

^ If you're willing to wait, Labor Day weekend and Labor Day is a good time to visit. As for July until the middle of August, if it's hot it'll packed. Weekdays are better than weekends (avoid Saturday's at all costs).

Suppose that's not too unheard of, yeah I try weekdays always. Labor Day seems like it would be a crowded time? But if not really, that may be the ticket.

Never having been here before, if anyone can suggest a generally good time to go I am open to suggestions. Sadly due to scheduling it pretty much has to be in July or later...so I may be unable to avoid crowds, but yeah any tips about the park are welcomed!

It may be very difficult to plan with my Cincy friend who'll need time off or the days to kill so we can get out here and all...I've met TPR members before so if anyone wants to meet up, I am game!

I promise I don't bite, though I burn easily in any amount of sun.

Sundays and Tuesday's for some reason have always been the best days for me to visit. Unfortunately daily operation ends at the same time as schools beginning their year. Weekdays are obviously your best bet, but I have no idea how many more people are going to be at the park this year with Thunderbird opening. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask here or PM me!

The new Park Map was uploaded onto the Holiday World website.

http://www.holidayworld.com/park-tickets/park-map/

I do believe I see one of those Test Your Strength rides (or whatever they're called) in Sparkler's old spot. Cool!

^ It looks like the Strike-U-Up game from Skyline Attractions.

Edit: And I think I'm right. From Skyline Attractions Facebook page:

A few weeks ago, we installed Strike-U-Up at a new location. Although we can't yet say where it went, we thought it would be fun to see who can spot it first and grab a photo. (Hint: This image was not taken at the new location.)

10553404_1666792636882353_1772971788222165561_n.jpg?oh=7356c6f4e991defed1be0ae50137e83d&oe=55DE8468