TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

So since there were a couple of throw back posts, I decided to go back and read the thread around that time period as well. If only I could of had quarter for every time some said HW couldn't afford a B&M or wouldn't fit HW. These two posts (Not to single out SteveStL, as he wasn't the only one) made me laugh a bit.

Holiday World to me is about traditional rides. A Wing Coaster would not fit the park at all, just outta the question.

I think you all have high expectations with all this B&M talk. I have no doubt that this expansion will be great, but expecting a 20 plus million dollar B&M is a pipe dream.

I never doubted HW could afford a 20+ million dollar ride, but that's not to say my guesses were exactly right. RMC steel coaster, and Mack launched coaster. That was before the famous almond shaped B&M footer was spotted (which even then, some people still wouldn't believe it was a B&M). After that I was dead set on a launched flyer with a lying down backwards launch.... Gosh that sounds so ridiculous now. I will say, that guess was based on all the facts that were present at the time, but still... Now to design it in No Limits 2!

I can't believe that it's been almost a year since speculation for Thunderbird started. Those 3+ months was some of the most fun I had reading and posting on this thread.

In hind sight, (which is always 20/20) it really isn't that surprising to see... It's been 9 years since they built Voyage, with that ride bringing in SO many guests from farther away than ever, that was MORE than enough time to save up for this new toy...

Personally I can not wait to finally visit HW (which I know was exactly what the park wanted to do; get people from father away to visit for the first time!) as well as see what the future holds! I GREATLY look forward to watching the future of this park, the sky is the limit (although I don't think we will see a Strata anytime soon )

I don't post on this thread very often, but I'm too excited not to at this point. I've been lucky enough to visit Holiday World every year since I was young; this year will be my tenth consecutive season. Watching the park grow to what it is now has been truly incredible. I've visited a few other regional parks, but none of them are quite like HW&SS. I look forward to reading posts from first-time Guests. You won't be disappointed.

I've been following Thunderbird's progress from the beginning, and seeing it actually fly is just staggering. The latest HoliBlog post (loved your story, Paula!) reminded me of being in awe of The Voyage or Diamondback when I saw them for the first time. I have a hunch that same feeling may come back again when walking underneath the Immelmann. I still can't believe there is now a massive B&M soaring over southern Indiana.

Needless to say, I'm ready to ride.

This is all just a bit too unreal lol. First they have this one of a kind amazing 66 days at sea campaign, then tell us they are building the countries first launched B&M wing coaster, then it's their own ice cream flavor in 27 states and these amazing Thunderbird TV spots... All this combined with everything else is just... WOW for this park.. We are still talking about Holiday World right? Someone pinch me!

I just saw the commercial in Bowling Green on a Nashville TV station. Very well done

Which Nashville station?? I hardly watch Local TV and when I do it's The Blacklist on NBC or Gotham on FOX, and when I do I always fast forward through the commercials, but I might have to be on the lookout.

I heard a radio ad starting today on HOT 96. I'm pretty sure we will see billboards all updated this week too.

Also, there are a TON of ticket contests and sweepstakes going on with local radio stations in the Evansville and Louisville areas, as well as some in Indy too. Be sure to enter for your chance to win Opening Day tickets!

Everyone around here who loves Holiday World are excitedly anticipating Thunderbird. It is certainly being hyped!

I heard a radio ad starting today on HOT 96. I'm pretty sure we will see billboards all updated this week too.

Also, there are a TON of ticket contests and sweepstakes going on with local radio stations in the Evansville and Louisville areas, as well as some in Indy too. Be sure to enter for your chance to win Opening Day tickets!

Everyone around here who loves Holiday World are excitedly anticipating Thunderbird. It is certainly being hyped!

Yea it seems as though they are doing a huge media blitz now. The biggest I've ever seen them do for sure. Good for them!

I just saw the commercial in Bowling Green on a Nashville TV station. Very well done

Which Nashville station?? I hardly watch Local TV and when I do it's The Blacklist on NBC or Gotham on FOX, and when I do I always fast forward through the commercials, but I might have to be on the lookout.

On NBC during The Voice

I haven't noticed any billboards in my neck of the woods yet. Then again, I haven't been able to look due to the never ending road construction going through Marion. I'll try and look on my way to SIU on Wednesday. All of you guys talking about this Thunderbird commercial makes me really want see it now!

I haven't noticed any billboards in my neck of the woods yet. Then again, I haven't been able to look due to the never ending road construction going through Marion. I'll try and look on my way to SIU on Wednesday. All of you guys talking about this Thunderbird commercial makes me really want see it now!

I would bet that the commercials will end up on their YouTube account at some point: