TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ Awesome picture, looks like they're just about set for opening!

Heh, yeah, those chassis will be ready as soon as they're shipped to the park. That's taken from PTC's workshop and you can see other trains they're working on this winter as well. Zippin Pippin right behind Legend's, Mean Streak's red and yellow cars in the background, and what I'm assuming are Raven's cars peeking out behind Zippin Pippin's.

Played Pac-Man in Splashin' Safari and parts of the Fourth of July and Halloween sections of HW today!

Splashin' Safari

Fourth of July and Halloween sections (in part)

The little round path bits were hard to negotiate. Pac-Man kept getting stuck. Wanna play yourself? Just go to Google Maps and type in (most) any location! The Pac-Man version button will appear near the satellite map version. Have Fun!

How about that THUNDERBIRD? Speaking of Thunderbird, THE Thunderbirds will be in the area April 18th, shortly before Holiday World launches Thunderbird....April is going to be a very fun month!

Edit: PM better for that discussion

^ That's right before school starts back in Indiana, so it'll be packed. I would suggest Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Sunday's aren't as bad as Saturdays (busiest day of the week), but they're pretty close. Either way you go, it's going to be hot, the park is going to be packed, and there will be semi-long to very long waits depending on what attractions you're riding and what time of day you ride them. Be sure to take advantage of the free drinks and stay hydrated. Make sure you check the park calender though. I'm pretty sure they're open the first full week of August and then the next week, they end daily operation on a Wednesday.

^ That's right before school starts back in Indiana, so it'll be packed. I would suggest Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Sunday's aren't as bad as Saturdays (busiest day of the week), but they're pretty close. Either way you go, it's going to be hot, the park is going to be packed, and there will be semi-long to very long waits depending on what attractions you're riding and what time of day you ride them. Be sure to take advantage of the free drinks and stay hydrated. Make sure you check the park calender though. I'm pretty sure they're open the first full week of August and then the next week, they end daily operation on a Wednesday.

Thanks! Will do.

I was really hoping they would launch a train so I could get a screen shot of it going through the Immelmann in this setting, but I guess this will have to do.

That picture looks really cool!